06

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Saturday!! And it’s Park Family Reunion!!

 

I woke up early this morning. The idiot is going to fetch me by 8 AM for the reunion. The reunion is going to be at the Park Ancestral House at Busan so we have to leave early. I was wearing a Black Classic Canvas shorts, A red striped cotton-blend sweater and a Grey Faux Suede Sneakers.

I was about to come out of my room when the idiot arrived. He was wearing a blue slim-fit oxford shirt, a black Cotton-blend Chino joggers and a Camo Print-low sneakers.

Hmmm. He looked handsome though. I was still peeking from my door when someone suddenly spoke which made me startled at the sudden action, “So handsome!” Minyeong noon exclaimed.

“Shhh! Noona!!” I said

“Psh. Just get down already or else you’ll get to have a stiff neck while you’re peeking out.”

I just pouted and said, “I wasn’t looking at him.”

I lied

“Yeah right. Just get down already. He’s waiting for you.” She said while chuckling then came down

I then went down. He saw me then he stood up.

“Let’s go?” I asked then he just nodded in reply.

 

 

 

After an hour, we finally arrived the Ancestral house. So this idiot here was really rich? The students at Manya thought that Chanyeol came from a Province but if they found this out, maybe even Daehyun’s popularity will disappear.

Chanyeol then went out to open my door. We were approached by his grandfather right after I came out. There were only few people at the venue. They were still preparing though.

“Baek, thank you for accepting my request. It means a lot to me.” Harabeoji said while smiling

“Sure grandpa.” I said while returning the smile.

“Baekhyun dear, are you tired? You can rest at Chanyeol’s room.” Chanyeol’s mom said.

I was about to answer her when Chanyeol interrupted, “Mom! He can stay at the guest room, okay.” He exclaimed.

“Don’t you want your boyfriend to have a glimpse of your bedroom?” she said

“That’s not what it looks like.. it’s just that.. it doesn’t look good to bring him there.” Chanyeol said

“Really?” grandpa asked with a teasing smile

“Grandpa!” Chanyeol exclaimed then his mom and grandpa just laughed.

I chuckled. They’re really cute.

I was shocked when Chanyeol suddenly gripped my hand and pulled me out of the house.

 

We went to a where a small pond was. It was beautiful here. Fresh air.. Free.. it’s like heaven. I was staring at the fishes when someone called Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol hyung!” He said while waving happily at Chanyeol. Chanyeol just smiled at him.

“Who’s that?” I asked while looking at him.

“It’s Kyujong. He's the one taking care of this fish pond.”

“Oh. He’s cute.”

Chanyeol just looked at me and I asked, “What?”

“Let’s just go inside.”

“But you said you’re going to walk me around?”

“I changed my mind. I’m tired.”

Aish. We just went out and now we’re going back, again?

 

 

When Yongguk hyung arrived, he invited Chanyeol to play Basketball but before he left, he told the maids to don’t let me get out if he wasn’t around. He will make me eat frogs if I will not follow him. Yeah right. He was tired. Yeah, go ahead. Play basketball with them. I’m perfectly fine here.

I was cut off by my thoughts when grandpa showed up and said, “Why are you here alone? Where’s Chanyeol?”

“He’s playing basketball.”

“Why don’t you go outside so that you won’t get bored here?”

“I wasn’t really bored and Chanyeol doesn’t want me to go out.” I said and pouted

“You’re afraid of him?” he asked

“He looks like a monster and he’s so grouchy.”

“Chanyeol? If you only knew.” He chuckled and added, “This is just going to be between us okay?” he whispered to me, “Don’t tell him that I was the one who told you this.” And I just nodded in reply. “Chanyeol? The only thing that made him cry to death was the movie ‘A Walk to Remember’”

I was shocked and then suddenly burst into laughter. Grandpa was just looking at me then laughed too.

Chanyeol? Really? He only cried because of ‘A Walk to Remember’? Seriously? Hahahahaha

“See? What a pity. He only cried because of a movie. Silly kid. By the way, at his room, it was full of A Walk to Remember DVD’s, Magazines, Posters and even their album.” He said while laughing.

I laughed again. I was manlier than him? Pfffft. I didn’t even cried when I watched that movie, then Chanyeol?

We were on the verge of crying when Chanyeol came up to us and said, “What’s happening here?”

I just looked at him and smiled. Then grandpa smiled at him too, a teasing one.

“Aish. Never mind!” then he went upstairs to change his sweaty clothes.

 

So Mr. ‘A Walk to Remember’ crying baby is Mr. Park Chanyeol, eh? Prepare for your life idiot. Hahahaha

 

 

 

The guests and relatives were starting to arrive. We are currently at a very long dining table.

Awww. Chanyeol started acting sweet again. Wow. Best Actor. He lathered some seafood at my plate then he was about to add cucumbers.

CUCUMBERS? JUST LET ME DIE CHANYEOL.

He was about to put them at my plate when I whispered to him and said, “I’ll eat that but we’re going to watch a movie later.”

He smiled and asked, “Sure. What movie?”

“A Walk to Remember. It’s romantic right?” I teased

His creepy smile faded away. He then put away the chopsticks that was full of cucumbers and put it aside. He placed his arm at the back of my chair. We talked not too obvious while we were eating.

“I want to watch an Action movie.” He said

I smiled and said, “Really? But I want A walk to remember. Please?” I teased again

He just frowned and went back to eating and I just laughed.

“You’ve passed this round and you’ll pay for that later.” He said.

“Yeah right Landon Carter.” I chuckled.

He just stared at me with a straight expression. Hahahaha. I love annoying Chanyeol. It’s like it was always Christmas when he’s annoyed.

 

 

It was afternoon when the party ended. It makes me happy when I’m with Chanyeol’s family. They’re fun to be with. Even if they were absolutely rich, they were still simple especially their attitude. They weren’t boastful of their wealth unlike those people that I came to be with like the ones at the party of Dad at our house. They’re laughing and enjoying like there’s no tomorrow. Chanyeol just is too lucky to have his family. No wonder he was responsible. Wait.. Responsible? No I take that back. But I must admit.. He really is responsible though.

 

I was at the veranda when Chanyeol went to my side.

“Are you bored Baek?” He asked

“Nope.”

He looked at me then smiled.

“Is there something funny?” I asked

He didn’t answered and went back to look at the sunset.

“It’s so beautiful here. So peaceful.” I said and sighed with a smile on my face. Feeling the breeze.

“Baek. Is it okay if you stay for the night?”

“I’ll have to ask Haewon hyung first.”

“Are you going to tell him that we’re together?”

“Are you crazy? Of course not.”

I don’t know but I think he just frowned.

“I will just tell him that I have a group project and if I’m going to tell him that we were together, he might think that something was going on between us and I don’t want that to happen.”

“Okay.”

“Uhm, Chanyeol?” He just hummed in reply and I added, “Why do you like A Walk to remember?” Then I burst out from laughing.

He tickled me.

“You’re making fun of me uh?” Still tickling me.

“Chanyeol! St-stop!” we were chasing each other at the veranda. Our laughs were too loud that everyone in the house can hear us.

“You don’t want to stop, so here’s your gift.” He held me by my waist then started tickling me again.

“O-okay! St-stop! I’ll s-st-stop it okay!” I said and raised my hands as a sign of surrender.

He just smiled. Trying to calm himself from panting. I was still stepping back when I felt the cold tile touched my back. I’M SO DEAD.

“So, what did you say?” He said and I gulped.

“I didn’t say anything.”

“Hmm. I think there was.” He was still coming closer to me.

“It was just a joke. Okay!”

He blocked me with his two hands. It was both placed firmly at the wall at where my back was, which made me trapped. He was slowly leaning closer to me. I gulped and closed my eyes then..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you guys busy?” I opened my eyes and saw Yoora noona with a grin on her face.

We were both shocked but I can feel my face getting heated up by now. This is so embarrassing.

“Can we disturb you guys?” Noona asked

“What is it?” Chanyeol said as if nothing happened.

“The cousin bonding is about to start. They’re all the garden now. You’re the only one that’s still not there and you have a visitor.” She said.

Chanyeol just raised his eyebrow and asked, “A visitor? Who?”

“Your greatest nightmare.” She said then left.

 

AM I INVISIBLE HERE? HELLO!

 

We were heading to the garden. Chanyeol intertwined our hands.

I saw them on a round table. What is this? Is this an open-forum or something?

 

“Baek. Sit here with me.” Yoora noona said while smiling.

I then seated with her then Chanyeol followed me.

I saw someone staring at Chanyeol and she looked unfamiliar. Is she a relative?

“So you all know Baekhyun right? Except you.” Jeon hyung said while pointing at the girl who was still staring at Chanyeol.

“I’ll do it. Hana, This is Baekhyun. The NEW BOYFRIEND of Chanyeol.” Yoora noona said while expanding the word New Boyfriend to her. Was it really necessary to emphasize it? What’s happening here?

Hana just smiled. “Baek, this is Hana, Chanyeol’s..”

 

 

 

“Friend.” Chanyeol said firmly.

I can’t understand what’s happening. I can feel that there’s something.. something that I was the only one who doesn’t know what is it. I’m about to go crazy because of this.

They went silent for a while when Jeon hyung said, “S-s-so, Let’s start?” He asked with hesitation

They just nodded.

 

 

After saying that Jeon hyung then started turning the bottle. Truth or Dare? Woah. This is going to be fun.

“If the bottom of the bottle was pointed to you, you’ll be the one to ask the question. So in return, if the tip of the bottle was pointed to you, you will be the one to answer his/her question. But first you choose between Truth or dare. Game?” Jeon hyung said then the game started.

 

He spinned the bottle and Jihoon was the one to ask Yongguk hyung.

“Truth!” hyung said proudly.

“Have you ever cheated on Seoyun?” He asked and Seoyun was just looking at Yongguk.

“Just change it to Dare.”

We all laughed.

“Yah. It’s unfair!” Jihoon said and pouted.

“What. There’s no rules.” He chuckled.

And because he didn’t answered the question, he was asked to eat ddeobokki and knowing that Yongguk hyung doesn’t like ddeobokki made the game even more interesting. He looked like he wants to jump off a cliff because hell he doesn’t really like its taste. We all laughed while watching him.

 

 

After how many turns, I saw the bottom of the bottle pointed at me and the tip of the bottle pointed at Hana. Oh How lucky.

They all went silent then I suddenly said, “Why are you silent?” I chuckled.

“I don’t know you well but, How did you and Chanyeol became friends?” I don’t know why I asked a stupid question but what can I do? I was so curious to the fact that I won’t be able to sleep because of the curiousness. After asking her, I saw Chanyeol’s face in a blank expression. I just looked at Hana again and waited for the answer.

“Uhmm. He is.. I mean.. He was.. My....” She stopped and looked at Chanyeol then said, “Classmate.” Hana said.

If she’s going to tell that she was Chanyeol’s classmate, why does she have to look at Chanyeol to ask for a permission? Pathetic.

 

 

“Okay. Next.” Yoora noona said then Chanyeol got up and went to sit at the other side. Too bad the tip of the bottle was pointed at him and the bottom was pointed at me. I grinned, a devilish grin then asked, “Chanyeol, why do you like A Walk to remember so much?” I teased.

They all laughed then Chanyeol said, “I didn’t even picked yet. Its dare.”

“We’re going to watch a movie and you already know what it is.” I said

“WHAT?!” He exclaimed.

“Bro, just tell him the truth. Pfft.” Yunseo hyung said then they all laughed again.

“Whatever! Spin the bottle Noona!” Chanyeol said.

“No fair!” I said then pouted.

“There’s no rules right?” He said with a creepy grin on his face.

He then turned the bottle by himself. It turned fast. I felt nervous. I closed my eyes. Not me please.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry my majesty but it’s my turn now.” I opened my eyes. I’m so dead right now.

“What is really the story behind… Cucumber? Hmmm?” He asked

Cucumber? Did he knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter