A Storm Brewing

Stand By You

“Oh my Chunnie,” Jaejoong sighed as big fat tears rolled down Yoochun’s face. “I’m so sorry I’m causing you pain right now.” Jae said as he cupped Yoochun’s cheeks and wiped at his tears with his thumbs.

Yoochun couldn’t help it. He launched himself at his hyung and hugged him with all his might his young body trembling in sadness. A sob escaped his lips as he clung to the older man his young heart feeling like it would burst in agony.

But then as fast as Yoochun hugged Jaejoong, it took faster for Yoochun to disentangle himself from his arms and run away from his hyung desperate to get away from the one who first broke his heart.

“Yoochun!” Jae stood as he watched in grief as Yoochun ran away from him his eyes tearing as the boy fell out of his sight.

Feeling despondent Jae began to walk home praying deep in his heart that wherever Yoochun ran to his wounds that he would be safe.

-----------------------------------------

Yunho watched quietly in the shadows of the little theatre as Yoochun slapped the keys of the piano on the stage his anger evident in the notes played in staccato. That was where he found him, predictably, Yunho noted as he waited for his brother’s anger to ebb. Jaejoong texted him that their conversation did not go as well as he wanted and so Yunho decided to go to his brother. He went straight to Yoochun’s school and that was where he found him pouring his heart out on the ebony and ivory.

Suddenly Yoochun stopped and sighed deeply which made Yunho sit up as the younger began to play a familiar melody. Yunho tilted his head trying to remember where he first heard the tune only to realize that it was from Jaejoong’s music box, the one he played from the night before.

As the last notes of the piece ended, a whimper pierced through the pregnant silence that followed. Yunho watched as Yoochun leaned on the back of his arm on the piano his sobs following as tears began to wet the keys below him.

Yunho stood up and walked towards his brother then sat beside him on the narrow bench. Gathering the young boy in his arms Yunho whispered, “I’m sorry that hyungie is being selfish kid.” He said as Yoochun sighed against him. “You know that I would give you the world if I could,” he whispered, “But Jaejoongie, he’s the only one I’m asking of you.” He said hoping his brother would understand. “I know that he loves you very much that it kills him to hurt you like this but now I’m the one asking you because it doesn’t mean that he cannot love you if he loves me too.”

Yoochun tightened his hug on his older brother as tears began to wet Yunho’s shoulder. “But it hurts so much hyung.”

“I know kid and I’m really sorry that I’m the one doing this to you.” He whispered into his brother’s ear as he rocked Yoochun back and forth, his voice calm as he tried to soothe the young boy.

They stayed there like that for a while hugging closely as Yunho held his brother. After a while Yoochun fell asleep in his brother’s arms and so Yunho decided to carry him on his back so he could bring Yoochun home.

---------------------------------------

When they got to the apartment it was already dark. Yunho struggled to keep his balance as he fished the key out of his pocket while trying not to drop Yoochun who was still sleeping on his back. But just as he was about to turn the key the door suddenly opened.

“Jae?” Yunho asked in surprise as he backed up to see Jaejoong with a trembling Changmin bundled in a blanket and a crying Junsu in tow. “What happened?” Yunho asked.

“Changmin is burning up, Yunho.” Jaejoong said a tinge of fear in his voice. “We have to bring him to the hospital.” He said in a rush.

Jae shook Yoochun’s shoulder from Yunho’s back as the boy began to stir awake from Junsu’s crying. “We have to bring Changmin to the hospital Chun. Please wake up.” Jaejoong said gently.

Yoochun suddenly began to be alert as he looked at his baby brother in concern as he opened his eyes wearily rubbing it as he awoke. He climbed down from his brother’s back and looked at Yunho asking, “Is he going to be okay hyung?”

Yunho looked at Jae before looking at Yoochun and said, “I really don’t know Chun. I really don’t know.”

-----------------------------------

Yunho began to pace back and forth in the little waiting room where he and the two other boys were made to wait. It’s been a couple of hours already with no news as to how Changmin was doing. When they got to the ER the nurses said that only one person was allowed to be with the little boy. Jaejoong stayed because Changmin clung to him and began to cry really hard when Jae handed him off to the nurses.

Yoochun just looked at his older brother who couldn’t stop peering over the little window of the doors that led to the ER hoping for any news about the youngest. And so Yoochun turned to Junsu who was still crying softly and said, “Don’t cry Junsie,” his young voice surprisingly more stable than how Yunho felt, “The doctors will make him better, okay?” He said trying to calm the younger boy down.

Junsu looked up at Yoochun swiping the back of his hand to wipe away his tears then said, “Are you sure Chunnie?” He asked his eyes trusting only the other.

“I promise.” Yoochun said with a nod making the little boy felt assured.

Just then Jaejoong opened to the door to the waiting room and smiled wearily at the bunch. “His fever’s down.” He said tiredly but happily.

Yunho could only fold Jaejoong in his arms as he heard the good news. “Thank god.” He said.

Jaejoong smiled as the two younger boys began to crowd around them trying to squeeze into the hug. Jae laughed as Yunho teasingly ignored the other two and instead began to keep Jaejoong away from the younger ones.

Jae reached out to ruffle the younger ones’ hair before turning back to Yunho who was looking at him gently.

“Thank you.” Yunho whispered in Jaejoong’s ear.

“For what?” Jae asked as he pulled back to look at Yunho’s face.

“For being here.” Yunho said as he cupped Jaejoong’s cheek his arm still around Jae’s waist.

Suddenly they heard someone clearing his throat as Yunho pulled away from Jaejoong. Yunho turned his head to see the doctor looking at the two of them a curious look on his face.

“Are you Mr. Jung?” The doctor asked.

“Ah yes doctor. I am Changmin’s brother. How is he?” Yunho said walking over to shake the doctor’s hand.

“Your brother’s fever is down but he is still under heavy medication. He has a severe ear infection which has been causing his fever.” The doctor said to Yunho.

“Severe?” Jaejoong asked in surprise.

“Yes Mr… uh…” The doctor said looking at Jaejoong.

“Uh, I’m K-Kim Jaejoong doctor. I… uh… take care of Changmin.” Jae said slowly stealing a quick glance at Yunho.

The doctor looked from Jaejoong then Yunho then back to Jaejoong. “He’s been having it for a few days now from what I’ve seen.”

Jaejoong stepped behind Yunho holding on to the other guy’s hand and said, “I didn’t notice anything. He wasn’t having a fever up until last night. I just thought he was getting a new tooth in that’s why he was being fussy.” Jae said.

Yunho noticed the doctor’s eyes narrow when Jae took hold of his hand. Yunho twisted his hand off Jae’s and instead patted him on the shoulder twice. “Hey, it wasn’t your fault. I didn’t notice it either.” He said in a low voice.

“What happens now doctor?” Yunho asked as he ignored the look on Jae’s face.

“We’re going to keep Changmin here for a couple of days. We have drained his ear for puss and would like to keep him under observation. His temperature is way down now which is good.” The doctor said to Yunho before looking at Jaejoong again. “I suggest for you to go home now. Only family members can stay to keep watch.” He said before turning around and leaving the little room.

Jaejoong blinked at what was obviously an indirect way of saying that he wasn’t needed here. Looking over at the two younger boys he quickly glanced away when he saw Yoochun looking at him. He then stepped forward to take Yunho’s hand again who now turned to him and said, “I’m sorry about that Jae.” He said looking at Jaejoong with a sadness in his eyes that Jae has never seen before. Jaejoong knew that Yunho just realized what he’s been trying to tell him all along. People just couldn’t understand.

Jae only nodded knowing that none of this was Yunho’s fault. “I’ll take Junsu and Yoochun home. I’ll come back later to bring you food and Changmin’s things okay?” He said pulling the other into a hug.

“It’s not… I meant that I’m sorry about…” Yunho began.

“Shhh, don’t worry about it.” Jaejoong said at Yunho with a look of understanding. “We’ll talk about it later, okay?” He said cupping Yunho’s face. Fighting his need to steal a kiss from the taller man, Jaejoong turned to the two younger ones and said, “Come on guys, let’s go home.”

***********************************************************************************************

As promised! Hahaha, I was rushing to make sure I posted a new chap this week. Hope it was okay. Like I said, these next chaps are going to be the hardest. As you can see the conflicts are about to start so hold on to your seats guys. These next chaps are going to be a bit rough. Comments!!!!! By the way if you don't mind reading pure angst please go and check my oneshot Never Forget. Have a great weekend folks!