To Buckle

Anew

"Suho-yah?" Seohyun waved as she noticed the familiar figure that stood by the door way. However, her presence seemed almost invisible to the called male as he scanned the room. Confused, Seohyun followed his gaze, eye brow raised. "Is something wrong?"

"Oh no, no", Suho responded a bit louder than he intended, as he snapped out of his little trance. "It's just.. did Kris come by here again?", he inquired in a quieter tone. Seohyun shook her head and apologized, "I haven't seen him as of yet.." 

"Mhm.." Suho nodded his head slowly, a bit disappointed. "Can you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Can you keep it between us that I stopped by today?" 

Seohyun couldn't help but think of the conversation she had with Suho the other night, as she stared out the window. It was almost weird. How is it that he had missed Kris in just a couple of minutes? Of course, she had kept her promise to Suho, but she couldn't help her curiosity. Why couldn't he just speak to him at their dorm? I mean, they lived together so that would've been easier. But apart from that, something else etched the back of her mind - Suho himself.

He's been looking so tired and flustered lately. She knew how tiresome it could get sometimes, and that was normal. But every time they had talked about Kris especially, he seemed so lost and tired. "Maybe it's just my imagination" 

"Did you say something Seohyun-ah?" her manager called from the front seat. 

"Mhm? Oh no no!" Seohyun smiled weakly.

"Oh well we're almost there", her manager informed her. "In about a few minutes or so we'll be arriving"

Seohyun nodded in response, just vaguely hearing what she was just told and bit her lip. She wished it was her imagination. But something told her there was more to it than just that. She felt the familiar uncomfortable feeling creep up again, and she began to worry. "I hope i'm wrong"

 

"As expected, you're the only one who's completely calm" KangTa patted Kris on the shoulder proudly, and motioned towards s. "You should show 'em how you do it" 

Kris unplugged his ear phone and bowed to his senior. Maybe it was how he usually was, but he was completely untouched by the feeling of nervousness. It was their first time participating in a collaboration event, which was deemed one of the most important collaborations SM had ever made. And EXO, with their recent booming popularity, were chosen to perform the opening act. 

"Are you nervous?" he heard one of his seniors speak, as s went up to greet them. Kris was left alone with Chanyeol, who sat silent and restless beside him. Chanyeol continued to shake one of his legs in an up and down motion, constantly rubbing his eyes, and his neck. However, Kris turned back to his music, and decided to take a nap. 

"Did you make a decision on the offer yet Seohyun-ah?" Kyuhyun approached her as she entered the room with her unnis. Seohyun bowed to him but shook her head, "not as of yet-"

"Noona! You're going to star in a musical?" Baekhyun jumped into the conversation and held a thumbs up. "You'll be great noona! Right hyung? Hyung! What are you doing!? You should also encourage her!" Baekhyun nudged the elder beside him who nodded in agreement. "You'll do great Seohyun-ah" Suho agreed in acknowledgement. 

"EXO!" one of the staffs exclaimed, garnering the attention of the young men. "You have to get ready"

Kris stood from his chair, and proceeded to where the rest of s were. He bowed as he passed his seniors, and followed through the rest of the way. Seohyun tugged on his shirt, but surveyed her surroundings before she spoke. "Why didn't you wake me up?" she whispered. Kris bent down a little, and whispered in imitation. "It was horrifying. I've never seen anyone sleep talk and snore at the same time"

Seohyun's eyes widened, darting at Kris in shock. "I do not sn-", she realized her voice growing louder, and looked around her a bit embarrassed. "I don't snore!" she returned to a flustered whisper. She looked at him, with embarrassment and astonishment poured into a mixture, but suddenly paused. Did I see right? She stared at him intently again, but his face was stone and expressionless once more. It only lasted for a split second, but the edge of his lips curled upwards. Did he smile? 

"I got it", he cleared his throat. 

"What?" Seohyun asked a bit confused. He glanced at her, and went on his way. Got what? But as if a light bulb was visibly placed above her head, she exclaimed, "Ah!"

"Seohyun-ah, what's wrong?", Taeoyeon ran to her a bit surprised. But as if nothing had ever happened, she shook her head. He got the dance! She smiled warmly in relief. 

 

"Please give a warm round of applause to EXO!"

They bowed to the audience, and stood by the side as their seniors stepped on the stage one by one. All eyes were now on BoA and KangTa, who formally began making their speeches on behalf of their company. The young boys were told that opening acts were traditional to collaboration events in their company, and that their seniors before them had also gone through the same process. However, unlike previous events, their response seemed to have been the most satisfying. 

Chanyeol-ah..?

Seohyun glanced at the taller male standing amongst his group at the opposite end of the stage, and noticed something undoubtedly wrong. Even from a distance, his watery eyes stood out as he flinched with every click of a camera. She realized his shaking fist, which he tried to hide under his sleeve, and his heavy perspiration that shone through the flashes of light around him. He tapped his right foot profusely, almost as if he was trying to keep himself from faltering. She eyed Kris who stood by his side, who seemed natural and calm as he smiled and bowed to the audience before them. Did he not notice? But then again, how could he not?

 

"Hyung!" Chanyeol called after him weakly, limping after Kris who stormed out the stage and out of the room. 

"Chanyeol-ah!" Luhan caught the collapsed male as he buckled down to the ground, while the rest of the members rushed to surround him. "Call a doctor!" Baekhyun shouted desperately, and watched unbearably as Chanyeol shriveled to more than half his size. 

But unlike the crowd before her, Seohyun felt her attention needed to be brought elsewhere. "Seohyun-ah!" Hyoyeon yelled as the younger rushed out the room. Where did he go? Seohyun ran aimlessly around the hall way until she spotted the familiar male. "Kris-sshi!", she exclaimed and caught up to him a bit out of breath. "How could you just leave like that!? Chanyeol-ah collapsed and-

"Let go"

She suddenly froze, as his head swerved to face her, with his face evident with anger. He roughly shoved her hand away, and continued his way out. She felt her hand shake a little in fear, yet still staring at the direction of which he had left. She had never seen him so angry before. She should've chased after him, and she should've retaliated. But why couldn't she move? 

"Seohyun-ah!" Suho ran towards her, with Hyoyeon following behind him. "Do you know which direction Kris went?" he panted heavily, his head swiveling in almost all directions for the said male. Seohyun pointed infront of her, almost as if her voice had been extinguished. Suho looked at her a bit guiltily but knew he had no time for that. "I'm sorry Seohyun-ah. I'll take care of everything"

"Seohyun-ah!" Hyoyeon almost smacked the younger's back in irritation, "Don't run off like that! Did you meet Kris?". She watched as the younger just slowly nodded in response, obviously completely out of it, and sighed. "He's nothing but trouble"

"What..?" Seohyun faced her unni, confused. 

"Kris", she pointed out as a matter of factly. "Apparently, he's a pain in the neck. He doesn't give half a about anything. Not that I care really, but because of his attitude, I heard serious discussions were being held about him"

Seohyun didn't need to ask more nor did Hyoyeon need to elaborate. She remembered when Suho said he had been called to the main office that day, and recalled how distressed he looked.

Was it about Kris too?  

 

[UPDATED] Made a few tweaks and edits here and there. Sorry!