Piecing It Together

Anew

"Kris", Luhan stopped the younger as he entered the dorm. He lightly pinched the area between his eyes and heaved a heavy sigh. "Don't you have anything to say to Lay? Where were you?". His hand remained rested on the younger's thin, broad shoulders, but was met with no response. Almost about to burst, Xiumin and Sehun held him back, and Kris turned around. He bowed lightly, suddenly erupting into a formal apology. Luhan was straightforward unlike the rest of s. He never really hid his emotions well, so how he felt was usually quite evident through his actions. However, he knew when to accept a sincere apology when he saw one. Just not this one. 

He stared daggers into the taller one's eyes which looked bored and empty. Empty. Why did he always look at him like that? "Hyung" Lay assured Luhan and lightly squeezed his thin arm. "It's okay" Lay smiled forcefully at his hyung, and watched with disappointment as Kris made his way back to his room.

Kris rolled to his side, and stayed motionless in that position for several minutes. He forgot the radio broadcast was that evening rather than the following day, since it got rescheduled. "He's lucky it was Shindong hyung who was hosting the broadcast" he heard one of the members say outside the living room. He sighed and forced himself to sleep - annoyed to death, and wished he wouldn't have to wake up for another 6 hours.

Meanwhile, the other members gathered in Suho and Sehun's room, and sat cramped up against one another on the cold wooden floor. "It's so hard to talk to him" Luhan heaved in and out, wanting to release his anger. Xiumin rubbed his back and nodded understandingly. He was the oldest but always had little to say. Suho agreed blankly, silently dealing with the anger that had built up inside of him for the past few months. s were quick to realize this and D.O swung his arm around his shoulder. "Hyung" he whispered, and Suho immediately understood. He let out a long deep breath and talked to s. "I talked to him a couple of days ago. He seemed to want to say something about it but didn't really.. At the very least, it's good he doesn't show it towards our fans or on broadcast. But even still" he paused for a short silence, letting the impact of his words sink in and continued, "if worst comes to worst... we should-

His attention diverted, and soon all the members' attention rested on their leader's phone. The serious atmosphere immediately dissipated when the Power Rangers ring tone echoed throughout the room, breaking the younger ones into muffled chuckles. He needs to change his ring tone.

"Hyung" Chanyeol gestured towards his phone, motioning for him to take it. Suho sighed, maybe he really needs to change his ring tone. He looked at his phone, looking rather annoyed, but his face gradually softened as he read on. The old creases that formed his forehead immediately disappeared, and his lips that was a hard, sullen line, curled up into a half smile. The boys around him noticing this, formed sly smiles that plastered their faces.

"Who was it?" Baekhyun asked smugly. The others looked at their leader intently, until Suho put his phone away, and covered his mouth with his hand - attempting to hide his smile away. Clearing his throat, he straightened and tried to look at them seriously. "It's nothing, you guys should head to bed". He ushered them out the room, and wrapped himself in his blanket, attempting to sleep. Sehun closed the door behind him and punched his hyung playfully. "I'll be interrogating you tomorrow", the younger warned. 

 

Seohyun scratched her head with a lonely finger, confused. Suho didn't reply the other night. When a hand grabbed her by her arm, she immediately put her phone down. "Seohyun-ah, why don't you try it again?" Yoona asked. She and Yoona both attended the same university, and had the same course. Though Yoona was a year above her, she gladly accepted to help her with her exam, as they waited in the waiting room for the show 'Hello Counselor'.

Seohyun nodded and began. She was grateful that Yoona was willing to help her. The more people, the better. Yoona seemed deep in thought as she halted Seohyun and nodded meaningfully. "I don't think its necessary to be 'mad' really. Depending on the type of person you're portraying, it could mean otherwise", she advised her. "If you decide to use an angry tone though, I don't think you should raise your voice so high. The person you're acting as is pure, innocent and affectionate towards her husband. Even if he wrongs her, she wouldn't go berserk" Yoona concluded. "Also, your voice goes unnaturally high when you try to show you're angry".

Seohyun nodded, piecing together the advise she was given. She hadn't thought much of what her character was like, and just stuck to the lines. I think I get it now. She finally smiled. "Wait, is it really unnatural?" she frowned. Maybe she had been trying too hard. 

You're too loud.

The words resonated through her mind when she begun to realize something. Was that what he meant? My voice was too high even if I was angry.... she shook her head. Maybe he had just meant to say she was loud. She was probably thinking too much about it.

 

 

She sighed deeply and entered the practice room once more. I think i'm ready, she repeated to herself. Be the character, think like the character. She moved back and forth and exhaled. Then she begun. 

She preferred it if someone was actually there with her to judge her performance. She couldn't bring Yoona or any of her unnis along though, because they either headed back home, or had another kind of schedule. But it was also good to rehearse alone. She too had to realize her own mistakes. As soon as she finished, she heard a loud, sole applause. Immediately turning to the door, she turned red again. "Suho-yah"

He continued his applause which slowly died as he walked up to her. "That was good" he commented. Of course he wasn't lying. He wasn't the kind to lie to that sort of thing. It was captivating really. He didn't really know what she had been acting as, but it was quite clear. The emotions she portrayed were a complicated mix of a desperate, confused, anxious plea. She always amazed him. It was like she was capable of doing almost everything. 

"How did you know I was here?" Seohyun motioned him to sit on the floor with her. He shrugged and looked around the room. "I was at the office and decided to drop by here. I didn't know you'd be here". She nodded slowly, and their conversation continued. She hadn't talked to Suho like this in so long. It felt so nostalgic. 

"Oh that reminds me, is Kris-sshi okay?". Suho looked at her rather confused, still not being able to register her question - or rather, not accept it. "What do you mean?", he cocked his head questioningly. 

"The broadcast yesterday. I think he and Lay-yah were doing a dance performance yesterday...? I don't think it went well" she trailed off. "I saw him practicing a certain dance over here yesterday" Suho had to blink twice at what he had just heard. "Kris was here yesterday?" he asked once more for confirmation, and was responded with a nod. "I saw him here previously before to-

She realized what she had just said and didn't continue. It was the first time she had met Kris at the practice room, and when he was obliged to drop her home. She automatically fell silent, not knowing how Suho would react to that. Suho on the other hand, didn't really remember her stopping midway into her sentence, let alone pay attention to what she had wanted to say after that. He sighed heavily, and pinched the area between his eyes, an unknown feeling of discomfort slowly dawning the room. 

Seohyun shifted, and studied Suho's actions. Did something happen between them? She wanted to know. Their relationship can't possibly be bad. Can it? "I have to go Seohyun-ah" she stood as she watched Suho slowly recover from a trance, and he smiled at her weakly.

"Take care on your way home", he waved at her and she nodded, watching him go until he was out of sight. 

She cocked her head questioningly. Why did it feel so unbearably uncomfortable earlier? Had she said something wrong?