Chocolate Milk

Anew

"Akh". Seohyun winced at the sudden urge to cough, and tapped her chest lightly. She took out her bottle of water to relieve her dry throat and exhaled. She still couldn't get the acting right. Since her line required more of anger surging into them, she had to raise her voice. But what did that cost her? A sore throat, coughing, and probably later, a broken husky voice. Completely uncalled for. 

She looked at the time and remembered the text she got from Jessica. Don't be late, i'll be checking on you! She sighed regrettably, realizing the past few hours hadn't been so productive. She knew the emotions that her lines required, but why wasn't she able to act them out perfectly? She decided to try again, and cleared . She looked at her script to which she gripped onto tightly, and started. "No! By my life and soul! Send for the man and-

"You're too loud"

She stopped with a jolt, and recognised a tall figure leaning against the door frame. Her eyes widened from embarrassment and shock when she realized who it had been. "K-Kris-sshi", she muttered. He stood relaxed near the door that was now wide open, with his hands in his pockets, and his eyes slowly sinking into her. He didn't look angry she realized, but looked rather unfocused? she studied, a little confused. She cleared , and began to stutter involutarily - embarrassment evident in her voice. "W-wa-was I re-really that loud...?"

He pointed to his ear phones as if to say yes. "I could hear you screaming even through my ear phones". If anyone would've found her here, they'd think someone was trying to hurt her he thought. He noticed her fiddle with her fingers and turn a bright shade of red and bow to him profusely in apology. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was disturbing you"

If anyone had witnessed the scene, they'd question who was the senior between them. Seohyun always looked apologetic whenever they encountered each other, and Kris was just as laid back as ever. He bowed lightly, and closed the door. She sighed, wanting to collapse on the floor. Not only was that embarrassing, but it gave her such a fright. This clearly isn't working out. She packed her things, and headed out the room. 

She walked through the hallway and automatically slowed down when she spotted a lit room with it's light glistening the laminated floor. She peeked through and saw Kris practicing. He looks really serious today. Unlike the last time where his body flowed with fluidity, his movements were stiff today. She couldn't hear the music, but she could tell that his beat was off. She watched him as he occassionally stopped and huffed out frustratedly, with his hands against his sides. She watched him quietly, almost feeling bad for him when she realized something. Why is he practicing alone?

She looked at the time, and muttered something inaudibly, as if trying to do some mental calculation. Without a second thought, she scurried down the hallway and out of the SM building.

 

He looked towards the direction of the door as he felt the floor lightly tremble with footsteps. Not really thinking about what it may have been, he just proceeded when his phone rang in his pocket. He looked at the screen briefly, and when reading out it's contents he clicked his tongue. He pushed it back into his pocket, messily running his fingers through his hair. Why were there so many damn radio broadcasts? He took his jacket, and messily pulled his snap-back over his head, and proceeded out the room. He took a couple of steps outside the room when he realized he had toppled something over. Looking back behind him, and below on the ground, he spotted a small carton of what seemed to be milk, with a straw and a note. He crouched down, flinging the small carton into the air and easily catching it, and read the note. Sorry for the ruckus I made tonight. Fighting! ^^

He crumpled the note messily into his pocket after reading it, jogged down the hallway, and out of the company building.

 

Seohyun came out of the bath, all fresh from the tiredness of the night, and sipped on her glass of milk. Was giving him milk a bit childish? She worried about that for a while. Chocolate milk always tended to cool her down when she was feeling off, but it may not necessarily be the same for Kris. She lightly dried her hair with the semi-dry towel that was wrapped around her head, and reached for her phone as it lightly vibrated on her palm. 

Seohyun-ah! Don't forget to check out our broadcast today! ^^

Seohyun almost forgot. She wasn't able to listen on on Suho's broadcast a couple of days before because of her photoshoot. They sure are busy, she smiled. She remembered when they first debuted and were usually in the practice rooms. They hadn't gotten much work during that time, and she could tell they were silently disappointed by that. But with their recent success, they've been up and about everywhere and it was great to see. Okay! , Seohyun happily replied back. 

Turning on the radio, she turned to go to the bathroom once more to brush her teeth. With the radio still on, she was able to hear the introductions. "This is ShimShimTapa Radio, and this is Shindong! Good evening everyone! Now to introduce our guests for this evening. The princes of Asia, the men who've struck the whole nation! Let's give a warm welcome to EXO!"

Seohyun clapped lightly, with still foaming with toothpaste and her toothbrush still stuck in between. She made it a point to actively support them. Afterall, they were family. "Hello, i'm EXO's Lay, i'm EXO's Sehun, i'm..." And the list went on. How many members are on the broadcast? She knew for sure not all of them but.. Wait who? She turned to the radio and realized she hadn't heard wrong. "Hello, i'm Kris" 

Kris-sshi is there too, she nodded unknowingly and continued to brush her teeth. She plopped on her bed straight after that and listened intently to the radio. "Do you have something for us Lay-sshi?" she heard Shindong ask. She listened to his response and music immediately tuned in for him. "Kris-sshi! You're off beat" Shindong pointed out teasingly. Seohyun cocked her head and stared at the radio, as if her expression can be seen clearly by the people in the broadcast station. Was that what he was practicing to? So he didn't get it... she sighed a little sadly. She wondered at that moment how he felt.

The radio broadcast went on, and as the text messages continued to pour in, the conversations that continued became more personal. "Suho hyung treats us out alot" she heard the maknae say, "and we all tend to lean on him when we're facing problems". That's so like Suho, she smiled to herself. He was one of the kindest and friendliest people she knew. He usually prioritized others before himself, and always treated other people well. "Does EXO-M's leader treat you out as well?" 

She realized a short silence eluded after that question when the person being spoken about answered in response. "Luckily I don't normally have money" he replied, making the whole studio burst into agreement and laughter. Something felt off in her opinion. Her eyebrows wrinkled, still unable to figure out what she had felt. it was a familiar feeling, she realized. But she couldn't put her finger on it. 

 

The broadcast ended, and the EXO members soon headed home. Bowing in thanks to the production team, they fled. "Sehun-ah!" Lay nursed his injured bottom and shook the little object in his hand, "is this yours?". The members who were now entering the vehicle stopped to laugh at Lay as they passed him. Sehun looked questioningly at the carton of chocolate milk and shook his head. "It's not but i'll take it-

Kris suddenly came from behind him and slipped the carton off of Lay's fingers. "It's mine", he casually sat at the far end of the van, and ignored the confused stares from the boys around him. Lay cleared his throat, still seemingly bothered by the incident earlier that day during their dance practice, and fell asleep. Kris on the other hand, sipped on his milk quietly, not particularly enjoying the drink and just stared off blankly as he looked out the window. 

With a loud crackled noise, he realized there was no more milk to sip from. He took out the straw and flattened the carton, and began to drift to sleep. He didn't realize though, that that was an unexpectedly peaceful nap that would only last for the next 45 minutes. 

 

Sorry it took so long! I had written this chapter before, but if you guys had read the extra I had written, I had been studying. And my form of studying was reading quite a bit of fanfictions to help guide me. It's quite obvious in this chapter that my format of writing seems to be different. I just realized it was a better way of displaying actions and what not. I think it's more effective than my previous format. What do you guys think? Please leave me your thoughts in the comments section! I've learnt alot from many fanfics i've been reading for the past few days, but the one i've been reading non stop is "Touch of Fear"! I'm pretty sure you guys may have read it, but if you haven't please check it out! She's just AWESOME.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/356382/touch-of-fear-drama-romance-schoollife-sliceoflife-exo-sehun

There's the link for you guys! You guys may see the similarity in format from her's to mine, since she was a great inspiration for me. Nonetheless, my writing style is still the same. Only the format has changed. Her story really guided me in my train of thought as to where this fanfic of mine will be going. It helped me IMMENSELY and of course, it's a great read. Please stop by her fanfic and read it if you hadn't! it's such a great story!
Thank you for bearing with me guys! Please leave comments if you can if you had problems/enjoyed this chapter!
Thank you so much!