Hidden

Anew

"This is the schedule we will roughly be following for the next few weeks until the festival begins. Unlike most concerts we've held in the past few years, it'll be a first for us to hold a week long concert. Hence the title music festival." Seohyun looked down at the pink sheet of paper just given to her, and roughly scanned through it. "Practice begins next week. But for those who also have other schedules appointed, you may have to start earlier than the rest."

To that, Kyuhyun and Seohyun glanced at each other knowingly across the room, until a voice was heard yet again. "It'll be a busy month for all of us, but let's end it memorably shall we?"

Seohyun silently nodded and sighed. She folded the paper neatly into her purse, and exited the room with her unnis. She tried not to think about her tight schedule much, and decided she will have to visit their manager in a while to know her schedule for practice. She looked at her unnis and felt bad they needed to practice alongside her, also suffering from an early dated practice. "It's okay Seohyun-ah", Yuri slung her arm over the younger's shoulder and smiled. "Just make sure to treat us tonight, alright?" 

But Seohyun couldn't respond. She heard a name being called from a distance, and looked back to see KangTa ushering Kris over. She watched silently as Kris ran over to their senior, who seemed to redirect him back into the meeting room. But before entering, Kris unexpectedly looked her way, raising an eyebrow at her stare. Seohyun immediately turned back in alarm, and started walking away furiously, as if to escape him. "Wait, Seohyun-ah! Are you going to treat us or what!?" 

"Kris-ah, hurry inside", KangTa called the younger once more. 

Kris nodded, but cocked his head at the disappearing figure of a storming Seohyun before entering. "Yes sunbae-nim"

 

 

Unsurprisingly, for the next few days, both were jammed packed with tightly knitted schedules. Seohyun was practically a busy bee as she practiced day and night along with her unnis for the upcoming festival. Early morning she often visited the gym to whip into shape, then practice until late at night, then head home exhausted. She rarely saw Kris who seemed just as busy.

With a back-to-back schedule of music shows, interviews, and variety show appearances all one after the other, it was quite the wonder how he still got the time to go to the practice room every night. Of course, he had to. Just to retrieve one thing. 

He picked up the carton of milk, realizing a post-it was stuck on it's side yet again. He turned it over, and read it out loud:

"Congratulations on your win on Music! Core today!! ^^"

He took out the sticky note and entered the room. He noticed on every delivery she made, a post-it was always attached onto the small carton of which he removed. He laid down on the floor just below the piano, and stuck the sticky note right next to the one from the previous day. He just stuck them randomly really, yet they seemed so orderly. It had only been a week, but it seemed like a range of colors that formed a small rainbow. 

"Kris-ah? What are you doing?"

Kris immediately slid up when he heard the familiar voice and shook his head. "I um.. dropped something"

KangTa nodded knowingly at him. "Sure you did". He walked up to the piano, setting down a few scores and looked up at the taller yet younger male. "I didn't really believe you when you said you come here everyday... But you weren't kidding. Anyway, let's continue with what we were doing a couple of days ago"

Kris nodded slowly but scratched his head. "But sunbae-nim.. Why are we doing this?"

KangTa shot him a piercing stare that immediately made Kris silent. Not a lot of people could do that to Kris. But KangTa took advantage of being a special exception. "Your main position is a rapper isn't it? You seem to come here for practice mainly for dancing as well right? Then what about singing? It's not that you have bad vocals, but you need to be trained more. And I asked a couple of people to help you with that slight problem."

Kris turned around, and unsurprisingly saw very familiar faces.

"Luhan-ah, Kyungsoo-yah, Baekhyun-ah, come in", their senior smiled. They followed as he had requested until his eyes searched for another missing figure. "Jongdae-yah is..?"

"Ah, that", Baekhyun was quick to answer. "Chen has a schedule for a radio broadcast"

KangTa nodded and turned to Kris. "Any more questions?"

Kris shook his head in defeat. "Then let's start" he heard his senior sing in glee. 

 

 

"Hey, let's take a short break"

Seohyun nodded and obediently plopped down the floor. They all sat in a small circle, gathering together for a 15 minute break. They had been practicing for well over 6 hours. And as exhausting as that was, it was always better whenever they were together. All nine of them. 

"Seohyun-ah, we haven't seen you much", Hyoyeon pointed out. "You didn't tell us how your exam went"

Seohyun apologized before filling them in about her exam. She rambled on longer than she had thought, and even travelled further by telling them about her musical. It had been forever since they all just sat and talked to each other like this and she missed it. Indeed, she hadn't seen her unnis much... with how much had happened in the past couple of weeks. 

"Oh by the way Seohyun-ah, you have my cleanser don't you? I asked you to bring it in today"

Seohyun nodded and pointed at her bag beside Tiffany. "It's in there unni. It's in the larger compartment inside a small pink makeup bag"

Tiffany nodded and opened up her bag. But she stopped as she seemed to spot something, and looked at Seohyun in confusion. "This... I didn't know you liked this kind of thing. It's not yours is it?"

The younger looked up and was surprised at what Tiffany was holding. She had forgotten all about it since she had left her bag in the dorm, and had never taken it out since. "It isn't..", she trailed off. 

They all scanned the leather snapback, where the underside of the brim was uniquely designed with simple English lettering. "Then whose is it?" Jessica inquired. 

They all turned their attention towards the maknae, who seemed burdened by all the heavy stares. Her hesititance they realized, was something Seohyun was accustomed to doing when she had wanted to lie. But now that they were all staring knowingly at her, that seemed futile. 

 

"Kris-sshi's..." 

 

Hey guys. I know this isn't much and i'm sorry about that...

Again, I just want to thank you guys for taking the time out of your day in reading my story. I also thank you guys for the feedback, and for such support I had never expected before! It means so much to me.