Satisfaction

Anew

That night, no one questioned him as he stepped out of the dorm. Was he supposed to find that strange? Maybe. But either way, he paid no attention to it. Heck, he didn't even notice it. He absent mindedly made his way to his personal sanctuary at the dead of night, on that cold autumn evening. He felt bothered. He had never felt so unfocused and out of track before. Messing up a dance? Forgetting their schedules? What was wrong with him? He sighed and ran his fingers through his messy hair. 

"He really does go there" Kai murmured. Tao and Sehun nodded as they watched their hyung enter the building. It was plain curiosity that led them to tail him really. And it was also disappointment that left them when they watched him go. They hadn't really believed it when Suho had informed them of where Kris always disappeared to. So with a stir of adventure and mischief, they expected more than for him to just go to the company every single night. "Of all places" Sehun sighed, "that's no fun". Tao linked his arms around Sehun and Kai's, making them all huddle together as he continued to flap his feet off the ground. "How does he walk here at night? It's so scary. Let's go back", he pleaded, looking genuinely scared at the quietness of the night and flinched as the leaves rustled against the ground behind him. Sehun and Kai smirked, but nodded, and the three retreated back to the dorm in a noisy sprint. 

 

Kris stopped at the main entrance, and turned his head slightly until he spotted the three odd figures hiding behind a plain looking pole, that obviously did not serve their purpose. He stopped for a moment, watching their movements with his eyes narrowed at them, but left after a while when he had confirmed they had gone back. As much of an air head he was the past few days, it wasn't hard to realize he was being followed with all the noise they made. He took his jacket off, and swung it over his shoulder, but paused when he heard a light noise as something hit the ground. Stopping for a second, he looked back and saw a crumpled piece of paper. A memory flashed before him of the note Seohyun had stuck on the carton of milk she had given to him prior. However, he turned away again, leaving the little crumpled paper on the lone floor. 

 

"K-Kris-sshi!" Seohyun got up from the ground and waited as Kris entered the room. He hid his surprise at the sudden outburst of his name, and slowly made his way into the room with a stone cold expression on his face. He was definitely not in a good mood and he had wanted to be alone. Why did he keep encountering her here? "Truthfully, i'm having a performance exam on the Shakespearean play 'Othello'. A-and, I wanted you to hear me" she said hesitantly. Kris just stood there, eyebrow raised at the sudden request. Why him? "Me?"

He stood there motionless, before the girl who stood with determination and certainty in her eyes. What did it have to do with him? He held in a sigh, and rolled out his hand before her, while looking at the script.  She lit up, which went by unnoticed by the taller male as he proceeded sluggishly to the floor, his glare boring into her script. Just why?

 

He listened to her silently, and unexpectedly listened through. She was way better than she had been when he had first heard her. Her voice was controlled, yet gripped with emotion in the right areas, and her eyes fell accordingly with emotion. Her body language also flowed naturally, as her hands rose and fell with action. It was almost perfect. Almost. "How... was it?" 

He snapped out of his trance and nodded a little absent mindedly. She clapped in glee and turned towards him, her expression now softening from the excitement she had felt a second earlier, "Even monkeys fall from trees".

He sat there a little confused, and raised his eyebrow in question, "what do you mean?"

"Everyone makes mistakes. It's one of my favourite Japanese proverbs" she simply explained. "But somehow, even through mistakes, you'll find yourself back up again. Maybe like how monkeys go back to swinging around trees again?" she wondered.   

He nodded slightly to show he was listening. He didn't really understand why she told him that. Nor did he know she had waited for him that night just to tell him that. He got up, and plugged his phone to his speakers. Seohyun, a little confused, just watched him. Realizing what he was going to do, she watched intently. He danced over and over, the same dance he had messed up on during the radio broadcast, but continued to stumble. Seohyun however, hadn't moved from her position nor had she flinched when he almost fell. At the same time, Kris felt no signs of embarrassment. At that moment, they both acted as professionals. Kris paid no attention to her presence, and Seohyun just let him practice. She watched him and watched him, until he decided to stop. 

 

He panted heavily, his chest making evident movements of his heavy breathing, through his shirt that was now plastered against his torso. He stopped at the last take, and realized it was now 3am. What was the point of getting it now when it was already over? But even to that, he found a quick answer. Satisfaction. He unplugged his phone and almost jumped when he realized Seohyun was still there. He forgot she had been there, despite having talked to her a few hours ago. He bent down, balancing himself easily on the balls of his feet and watched her with a bit of fascination. Her long dark hair almost covered her face, while her head continued to bob forward and back. It was almost unsightly and a bit scary - almost like a horror show. He carefully and obligingly leaned her towards the wall behind her, deciding he wouldn't wake her up. 

 

"Mhhmm" Seohyun felt the floor until she was able to find her phone, and read the screen, a little half awake. Her eyes widened and she shot forward, now facing the floor that reflected the sun's natural light. I fell asleep again! She moved about a bit flustered, as she moved to grab her things. She looked around the room, and realized Kris had left. She toddled here and there, realizing how dangerous it was to have slept there. They did it often during their trainee days whenever they practiced until the break of dawn, but being alone was a whole different story. Atleast the door was closed, she sighed in relief. Why didn't Kris wake me up? she scratched her head in frustration. 

She turned to grab her script, when she realized something was on top of it. "Chocolate milk?" she questioned, a bit surprised. Had he bought it for her? She quickly packed her things, and opened the carton, sipping on her milk as she exited the room and towards the dorm, to get ready for her class. 

 

I hesitated a bit on this chapter. I hope you guys like it though! I'm so sorry if I didn't update sooner! Writer's block :'( Which is most likely too early in the scene. I love you guys! Thank you so much for reading!