Misunderstandings Happen

Anew

"Ow.."

Seohyun winced at the sudden pain that shot up her side as she slowly rose from the hard cold floor. She massaged it carefully and rubbed her eyes until she realized where she was. "Oh no"

She fumbled across the floor and towards her phone only to be greeted by a grim Friday morning. "4.50am"

She slowly rose to her feet, careful to keep her balance and left the practice room. She had never been so disappointed in herself. When had she become this careless? She had never been out this late before, moreso oversleep while practicing. How could she fall asleep while preparing for her acting exam!? What would her unnis say? 

  ...eureureong eureureong eureureong dae
  Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae

She immediately stopped at the practice room that had been occupied since the night before, and slowly peeked through. No... She thought. He can't possibly still be he-

Her eyes widened and she immediately darted across the room. She stared at Kris' still and silent body, that looked as if he had collapsed on the floor. His face pale and almost lifeless held a visibly painful expression, while beads of sweat ran down his forehead. 

She fumbled with her phone, unsure of whether she needed to call Suho or his manager. Had he passed out from fatigue? He had been there before she had so that was possible. But the window... She shuddered at the speed of the cold autumn breeze as it whipped across the room. Did he fall sick?

Her hand hesitantly neared his forehead but remained suspended in the air. She took it back and just shook him for a respose, "K-Kr-Kri..." 

How do I address him? she hesitated once more, biting her lip in worry. Seohyun! This isn't the time to think about this! She shook him over and over, waiting for some form of movement and mustered her courage, "Kr-Kris-sshi! Kris-sshi!"

 

Who is that?

He slowly began to feel the pressure on his aching arm, and the slicing pain that followed through his tired body. Beginning to feel irritated, he responded with a bolt, unconsciously knocking the figure beside him across the floor. With an obvious quick temper, he shot his head back to face the person who was suspect to disturbing him, but immediately fell. His face softened and his expression became stark, finally realizing who it was, and confusion clouded his head.

 

She remained paralyzed in her position, guilty she had angered him and sorry she had disturbed him. He must have been tired, she realized. He had not passed out, nor was he sweating from a fever. He had been practicing all night and had fallen asleep. Late to realize the situation, she mentally cursed at herself. 

"Sorry" he immediately bowed after a short silence. "I didn't mean to-

"No, no", Seohyun immediately regained her composure and apologized. "I thought something had happened to you so-

"Sorry" Kris apologized once more.

The room automatically fell into a long silence. Almost unbearably awkward, Kris stood and bowed, "I will be going then, sunbae...-nim" 

"Oh yes" Seohyun bowed in return, "Please take care on your way home"

 

Seohyun stood at the entrance of the company building and huddled into her coat. She looked around the empty streets and realized Kris had left. She sighed, still feeling the guilt in her gut, but turned to the sky that had now slightly brightened. Clouds still covered the sky, and the remnants of rain remained as traces in puddles. She splashed from one puddle to the next, enjoying the young autumn day when a large hand suddenly grabbed her from behind. 

"Sunbae-nim"

Her heart sank until she recognised the familiar deep, sharp tone. With almost half her life shaven clean from fright, she turned to see Kris rub his head with a sigh. "It's still kind of dark. I'll walk you to your dorm"

"No, no" Seohyun immediately waved the offer off and smiled, "I-it's okay, I can go home myse-

"Is it this way?" Kris walked ahead, not looking back. Realizing only declining would be endless and futile she bowed. "Yes, i'm sorry for the trouble", she mumbled.  

 

Why did she feel so bad? She squirmed her way behind him to catch up to him, but still maintaining a good,awkward distance between them. Kris continued to walk forward, occasionally stopping for her to catch up to his speed walking. She sighed softly, realizing Kris had forcefully dragged himself to her home. Of course, not that he wanted to. He must have been surprised seeing her at the practice room. And now, seeing she too was going home early morning, he was obliged to her home - out of respect and an indirect obligation as her junior.

"Thank you" Seohyun bowed once again and watched him go on his way. She sighed at the awkwardness between them. It was a wonder she was even able to say thank you. 

 

"Ah, ah! My head" Taeyeon wailed almost to literal tears. After enjoying a mini drinking session the night before, all were suffering from a terrible hangover. And as the only ray of light at the end of the tunnel, they gladly accepted the maknae's medication and gulped down her hangover soup.

"Unni, slowly. Here, have some more" Seohyun politely refilled her bowl and watched them heartily take her soup.

"Oh Seohyun, that reminds me", Tiffany spoke unlady-like between gulps. "What time did you get here?"

"Oh" Seohyun guiltily hesitated. "That..."

 

"Where were you?"

Luhan raised his brow as Kris noisily entered the dorm, while hastily dragging his feet across the floor. Clearly invisible to the younger's presence, Luhan snapped, "Kris".

"I overslept. I'll come home earlier next time", Kris shortly apologized and sluggishly passed the kitchen and towards their bedroom. Luhan sighed in irritation and grabbed the food they had saved for him and rammed it into the microwave - another leftover to eat. 

"Kris", Xiumin called towards the figure that was now dead on his bed. "We have a schedule in two hours. Be sure to be dressed by then"

Glancing at the stooping giant before him, he sighed. All they could do was ever sigh in front of him. "Your mom left you a message on the receiver" he added. 

Kris pressed a button on the receiver as the hyung left, and laid still on his bed as the message slowly played. 

"Kris~! Kris, I watched your show yesterday" his mother called lovingly. "You've become even handsomer! I'm so proud of you! Be sure to eat your meals or else you'll become weaker..."

There was a short silence that followed after that, and he instantly knew what would break it. 

"Kris... Kris I-

He punched the receiver hard enough to almost break the button, but 'soft' enough to keep it going. He threw his blanket over him, and his hat over his face, attempting to complete 2 peaceful hours of sleep. Though of course, that was highly unlikely.

 

[UPDATED]

I initially wrote this chapter on the 4th but realized it needed some major editing since I wasn't satisfied with it. I edited it and now i'm republishing the edited chapter on the following day. I'm sorry for the trouble! I hope you enjoy it though!