Am I incapable?

Anew

"A musical?" 

"We have a casting offer for you and Kyuhyun-sshi. It will be a theatrical version of the drama 'The Moon That Embraces the Sun'. We have to wait until everything is finalized with other performers, but the date of an official discussion will be held approximately in a month"

The representative handed them the documents regarding the outline of the musical, and smiled hopefully. "Please review it and think about it"

 

"This is your first musical, isn't it Seohyun-ah?" Kyuhyun sipped on his coffee as he looked through the booklet. 

"Ah yes oppa", she scanned the booklet carefully, reading each line thoroughly. "Are you planning on doing it oppa?" 

"Yeah. Opportunities like this are hard to come by so i'm thinking of going for it", he set down his coffee along with the booklet, and gazed at her. "How about you? Going for it? It sounds promising"

"It does. And the overview of the production seems good too. But i'm still not sure.."

"It'll be a good opportunity for you Seohyun-ah. As I said, it doesn't come very often"

"Yes oppa. But I still have to think as to whether i'm capable of doing it with all my exams coming up". She realized the time and immediately stood, "oppa, I have to go to class now. It's starting in 30 minutes. I'll see you later!"

"Hold on, i'll walk you to your van". He got up, and escorted her along with her manager as they proceeded to the mini-van.

"Ah, wait Seohyun-ah" 

She looked at her wrist as he suddenly grabbed hold of it and looked at him cluelessly.

"You are capable of doing it, and you know it" he smiled and patted her on the shoulder. "Take care on your way" 

"Thank you oppa" she stepped into her van and waved at him until he was out of sight. She always saw Kyuhyun as her older brother. Just like now, he always tries to console and comfort her. He always gave her support as his junior, and it meant a lot to her. And seeing as how she gets the opportunity to work with him in her first musical, that alone can make her accept the offer. But...

 

"Seohyun-ah" her friend sighed and shook her head.

"Again?" Seohyun complained in frustration. This was the 15th time.  

"Again", her friend nodded. "The problem is, your emotion is not natural and its really visible. I know we've still got some time until the exam but it'll be a problem if you can't get it by then"

"I-I.. I know... " Seohyun collapsed on the floor in frustration, and felt as though tearing her script into bits was the absolute solution to this mess. "Why can't I get this right?"

"You know you're good at this" her friend hopped on the stage and patted her on her head. "It's just, you never really explored roles that had to do with... romance" her friend finished awkwardly. 

Seohyun sighed and held her script high above her face, to block the bright, blinding stage lights above her. She needed to re-enact the Shakespearean play, Othello, and to be specific, play his wife Desdemona. But with no experience in romantic roles, her exam could be at stake. 

"I should've tried out other roles" she complained. 

"You should've" her friend agreed. "You still have some time to practice so dont worry too much. I'll help you out"

"Thank you" Seohyun sat up and fixed her hair that was now a hot mess. "You have a class in 20 minutes right? You should get going"

"Ah, right!" her friend hugged her and rose from the floor. "What can I do without you? I'll meet you at the gate!"

"Take care" Seohyun watched her go, and now, had the empty auditorium room to herself. 

How could she consider doing a musical with Kyuhyun when she couldn't even do this much? She rose from the floor and took a long deep breath. Opening her eyes she started again. "One more time"

 

"Hyung, you're off beat again"

Lay sighed and demonstrated it again, playing it over and over on the piano. "When it shifts to this part, we have to move like this"

Kris nodded, attempted it again, but was stopped once more by the younger. "Hyung you're-

"I know" Kris finally spoke in frustration. It's been 4 hours since they started but he kept getting it wrong. Normally, he was a fast learner. But why was it so difficult?

"Hyung, let's take a break. We've practiced for so long anyway" Lay plopped on the ground in exhaustion, and stared at the ceiling blankly. "Hyung, we can try it again after 15 minutes then-

"Let's do it again tomorrow" Kris decided. He took his jacket and his phone and headed out the dorm.

"Hyung!"

 

Kris knew he wasn't as talented in dancing as Lay was. But he never needed to learn for more than 4 hours for one dance move. What was wrong with him?

What are we to you?

He shook his head vigorously, shaking away the line that continued to involuntarily repeat itself in his head. He took a deep long breath, and entered the SM building. 

 

"No, by my life and soul!

Send for the man-

No wait, that's not it either" she sighed.

Kris paused in the middle of the hallway, taken aback by the sudden yelling that bounced off the corridor walls. He made his way to the practice room at the far end, and realized that Seohyun was there once again. He paused there for a moment, watching her as she repeatedly tried the same dialogue over and over again, and looking dejected right after.

Who knew she could scream like that? He realized after a short moment, that she too had some things she couldn't get right away. Things she couldn't grasp at on-

As if suddenly realizing something, he stormed towards another practice room, and quietly closed the door behind him. He plugged in his ear phones, turned up the music on his iPod and began dancing once more. 

 

It's already the fourth chapter! I feel like i've written so much even though it may not seem like it. Please tell me how it is so far, and how the story fares for you. I'd love to read the progress of this story. If the storyline is boring you as of now, I will definitely try my level best to make it better for you!

Again, I want to thank you for being with me and reading this! Thank you so much!