From Afar

Anew

"WE ARE ONE! Hello we are EXO!"

That was how they introduced themselves. The 12 members that were both unique in charm and different in personality all became one on stage. That was how it was intended to be, and that was how they functioned - on stage.

"We've gotten the most recorded number of messages ever to be sent on this show from your appearance! There's been over 2000 messages sent! Thank you for being with us today!" the MC bowed in gratitude. "Now for the questions, one of the most frequently asked was about your relationship with one another. Are you all comfortable with one another? Or is there a level of awkwardness with certain members?"

"We've been together for quite some time now", Kris explained. "So we've gotten to know one another more from the time we've spent together" 

"Ofcourse, ofcourse! The bond between all of you really is reflected within your performances. Truly amazing!" 

"Now this question was also second on the list and it refers to you leader-nim", the MC joked. "You're known as the 'cold city leader' among your fans, and within the industry. However, that really is not your character is it?"

"He's far from that", Chanyeol was quick to reply. "He's quite similar to me. He's goofy and clumsy. And at the same time, he represents EXO as one of the best dancers within our company"

The studio echoed in laughter at his quick remark. But all the actual person who was being talked about could do, was force a smile. It was his image on TV, and on their new show, EXO Showtime. But the EXO members all knew better than anyone else he was strictly as his image portrayed - cold.

 

"Hyung!" Tao exclaimed. "Suho hyung said he'd treat us to Korean BBQ! Come on let's-

"I'm tired. I'm going to take a cab" Kris immediately dismissed the idea and walked out of the studio.

"He won't be coming?" D.O asked rather forcefully. "It's okay Tao, we'll just leave him some food. Like the usual"

Kris looked back at the reply he had given at the show. Among other things, he didn't lie. The other members had grown closer to one another by getting to know each other as time went by, which of course included himself. But unlike the rest of s, he had done so through observation only.

"Thank you" Kris stepped out of the cab and walked into the SM building. It became a habit for him to walk into the building at the brink of night when it was almost silent and empty. He found it to be his personal sanctuary when empty of course, and he found comfort in it. 

  Yo, okay

  Na hoksi molla gyeonggohaneunde (jaldeureo)

Playing on his song "Growl", he immediately set out to practice. Ofcourse, he was known with little skill in dancing among EXO. And with nothing else to do, he danced to the beat of the song and into the dead of night.

 

 

"Seohyun, Seohyun, it's EXO" Taeyeon nudged the younger. 

Looking up from the book she was reading, Seohyun immediately swerved her head upwards and joined her unnis in watching their appearance on Weekly Idol. It's been a year since they had debuted. And with their recent hit "Growl", they've been so popular it was overwhelming. And of course, like any labelmate, she was proud of them. 

"They're really the topic these days" the girls applauded as the show came to an end. "Chen is becoming more and more like Baekhyun now that they've been together for so long" Sooyoung pointed out.

"Hey, dont you think it's been a long time since we've been to the dorm together?" Sunny pondered. "Why not we spend the night there?"

"Ah, sorry unni. I was planning on studying and practicing a bit since I have a performance exam coming up. I can meet you in the dorm tomorrow morning though" Seohyun bowed apologetically. 

"Okay" Sunny contended. "But you're preparing breakfast"

"Yes unni!" Seohyun waved cheerfully. "Take care on your way to the dorm!"

At that moment, Seohyun felt guilty. It's been so long since they've all met up as a group at the dorm. She would never skip it out for the world, and would just rant on how stressful university was getting for her. But at the same time, she'd never want them to worry about her. And with the pressure she felt, she couldn't afford to fake she was okay. 

Her worry began to escalate at the thought of her performance exam. It was well over 3 weeks away and it really made her nights sleepless. "So nervous" she mumbled.

Wait.. What's that? She heard music echoing silently through the corridor from a door that was slightly open. She looked at the time, and it was 12am. How could anyone be here so late at night? She realized what she had just said and dismissed the thought. Of course, I shouldn't be saying that.  

She peeped a little and recognised Kris through the little slit left open between the door. She stood there awkwardly, wondering if watching him like that was creepy or weird. Normally, she would erupt to a bright greeting but she had never really talked to him before. And something told her he didn't want to be disturbed either.

Watching him so close, she realized he was not as good of a dancer as Kai or Lay. However, it felt so passionate. The determination in his eyes almost made up for it, and it almost seemed he would be quick to improve. She nodded meaningfully and stepped back. The nervousness she had felt before unknowingly began to fade away, and cautiously made her way towards another practice room. 

"Seohyun, fighting!"

 

Sorry it took me so long for the first chapter. Honestly, I felt so overwhelmed that people wanted to read my story. Since this is my first fanfiction, I can't guarantee it would be the best, but i will work really hard not to disappoint you. 

About the first chapter, i'm sorry if it seems too long. I hope it didn't bore you. But please feel free to leave some feedback! I'd be happy to read them. Thank you so much again for reading my fanfiction and I hope you stay till the end! This honestly means so much to me and I can't thank you enough!