The hidden passage

My Immortal Girl

"Luhan...please...don't do this to me..open your eyes..." His face was so pale, he wasn't breathing but his heart was still beating. Seohyun held him tighter as she cried hardly when she felt his body started to feel cold. It was driving her crazy, she was so scared she would lose the guy whom she loves with all her heart. She held his face softly and planted a soft kiss on his cold forehead, then on all over his handsome face. 

 

"Luhan... You told me you will follow me to the end of the world.." She said as she cried silently. She tried to lift him up and lay him down on the bed but she stopped when she saw Kim Chul stood on the doorway looking at her angrily. He forcefully pushed her aside and carried Luhan on his back.

 

"No... where are you taking him?.." She asked the old man as she hugged his leg, not letting him to go.

 

"Away from you!" He said harshly.

 

"No don't take him anywhere...please uncle Kim Chul.." She said in tears.

 

"This is all your fault! I'll make sure you will never get the chance to see him again!" Kim Chul said, kicking his leg forcefully making Seohyun's head hit the wall and she passed out instantly. 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"I still can't believe it." Yoona said as she covered her face with her palms. Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung were just back from the doctor's office. They decided to sit in the hospital lobby before going to see Seohyun in her room.

 

"I'm gonna kill that guy! I'm seriously mad." Sooyoung said, greeting her teeth. 

 

"What will happen to Seohyun now?" Yoona said in a low voice.

 

"What can we do about it? Make them to marry each other? This guy is only a 17 year old teenager." Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

 

"Oh my, this is every parent's nightmare." Yoona said, shaking her head. Sooyoung looked at her side, she saw Yuri's face was pale. She looked like she was just seeing a ghost, the look in her eyes somehow made Sooyoung's blood run cold.

 

"Yuri, are you okay? You haven't said anything since we arrived. What's the matter? By the way, you told me this morning that you will start searching about the relationship between that old man and Luhan's parents. Have you had any information?" 

 

"Yes I just found out something really scary." Yuri said, facing Sooyoung and Yoona. They knew she was about to say something really bad from the look in her eyes.

 

"Seohyun and that Luhan guy can never be together because Luhan's father is Kim Jongin. Luhan is Kim Chul's grandson."

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Taeyeon, we've been waiting here for almost 30 minutes already. I don't think your grandfather wants to see us." Tiffany said, looking at her watch. They were inside Kim Chul's office room, sitting across from each other. Tiffany was playing a game on her phone while Taeyeon just sat there quietly. She was wondering about her brother's plan this morning of going inside their grandfather's room to search for the photos. 

 

"You're right lets go back to Seohyun's room." Taeyeon said, standing up. She searched for her phone inside her school uniform's pocket, then she remembered she put her phone inside her bag that she left in Seohyun's hospital room.

 

"Tiffany can I borrow your phone? I need to call my brother."

 

"Yeah sure, here." Tiffany said, handing Taeyeon her phone. Taeyeon dialled her brother's number as she exited the room.

 

"Aish this guy, he's not answering me again." She thought he might be in Seohyun's room already.

'I'll ask him when I see him later.'

 

"Tiffany, thanks here your-." Taeyeon said as she turned around to give the phone back to Tiffany but she wasn't there. She came back inside his grandfather's office and found her friend was staring at an old photo that was hanging on the wall.

 

"Tiffany there you are, I thought you were following me outside the room. Hey what are you staring at?" 

 

"Look, the guy in black suit beside your grandpa. He looks like Luhan your brother." Tiffany pointed at the old photograph. Taeyeon looked at the photo closely and she blinked her eyes in confusion. The guy looked in his 40s but his facial feature resembles Luhan, her brother.

 

"That's really weird." 

 

"I know right. I can't stop staring at the photo. Maybe that's Luhan's real father." Tiffany said casually. Taeyeon looked at her in surprise.

'But my dad who brought him home when we were younger, not my grandpa. And dad said he took him as his child because his parents died in a car accident. There must be a reason why grandpa loves him so much when he's not even his blood related.' She thought.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"She's fine, she just needs a lot of rest." The doctor said as he finished treating Seohyun's wound. Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung were panicked when they found Seohyun was lying on the floor with her head bleeding. They knew something just happened in this room and they will find it out once Seohyun wakes up. Yoona followed the doctor outside while Sooyoung and Yuri stayed in the room.

 

"Poor girl, I was going to scold her and yell at her but seeing her like this I just can't bring myself to do it." Sooyoung said as she sat on the bed and held Seohyun's hand.

 

"And I was going to slap her." Yuri said weakly. Sooyoung blinked her eyes at her.

 

"You serious?"

 

"I am really angry, I just found out that Luhan is Kim Chul's grandson and now we received the news that Seohyun is pregnant with his child." Yuri said, letting out a sigh.

Yoona came inside and approached Seohyun's bed. She caressed her face softly before she spoke.

 

"We can take her home once she wakes up and I just asked dr. Han not to tell anyone about Seohyun's pregnancy." 

 

"Sh-she's pregnant?" The three of them quickly turned around and saw two high school students in their school uniforms stood on the doorway with their mouth opened.

 

"We are her classmates. I'm Kim Taeyeon and she's Hwang Tiffany." Taeyeon said as she and Tiffany walked inside.

 

"Is she really pregnant?" Taeyeon asked the woman whom she thought was Seohyun's foster mother. Yoona nodded her head slowly.

 

"Listen kids you-." Yoona started.

 

"Yes, don't worry. We will keep this a secret." Taeyeon cut her off.

 

"Right Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked the girl beside her who quickly nodded.

 

"Yes we won't tell anyone." Tiffany said firmly.

 

"Since her guardian are already here, we're going to leave now." Taeyeon said as she took her bag from the sofa. She and Tiffany bowed and left.

 

"I'm going to grab some foods." Sooyoung said leaving the room.

Seohyun opened her eyes slowly as she held her head. It hurted so much then she remembered what happened to her before she passed out.

 

"Luhan..Luhan!" She said in a loud voice. Yoona quickly came to her and helped her getting up.

 

"Seohyun what happened? You were lying on the floor and your head was bleeding when we came." Yoona asked as she touched her hand.

 

"Luhan, Kim Chul took him. Unnie.. he's hurted because of me. He saved me." Seohyun said as she cried.

 

"Seohyun, we don't know what are you talking about. Lets just leave this place okay?" Yoona said softly.

 

"No.. unnie, I don't want to go anywhere before I see him." Seohyun continued to cry. Yuri came to her and slapped her hard on her cheek.

 

"Seo Joohyun, do you even know what have you done to us because of him?!" Yuri yelled at her.

 

"He's Kim Chul's grandson! Just forget about him."

 

"I don't care. I want to be with him.". Seohyun said looked at Yuri with her teary eyes. Yuri widened her eyes.

 

"You know that he's Kim Chul's grandson yet you still want to be with him?"

 

"Yes." Seohyun simply said. Yuri slapped her again.

 

"Unnie..." Seohyun said as she touched her cheek.

 

"Seohyun.. you're pregnant. You're pregnant with his child. Now what are we going to do about it? Why are you doing this to us?.. You stupid girl!" 

 

"I-I'm what?" Seohyun stuttered. She was in shock, she couldn't believe of what her unnie just told her.

 

"You are pregnant." Yoona said softly. Seohyun still couldn't believe it. She only did it once with Luhan that night when they left school together during lunch break.

 

 

That day Seohyun followed him from behind though he kept telling him to leave him alone.

 

"Stop following me. Just go back to school, I want to be left alone." He snapped at her.

 

"I can't believe you just run away like this after what you did at school. I can't believe I fell for someone like you!" Seohyun snapped back at him.

 

"I'm sorry for disappointing you. Now you may leave!" Luhan started to walk away but then he felt she kicked his leg hard making him winced in pain.

 

"What the hell?!" He shot her a glare and Seohyun glared back at him.

 

"Why are you being like this? You're not someone who could punch some poor guys then just run away like a coward!" She yelled at him as she hit his chest hardly. Luhan didn't replied, he caught her hands and held them preventing her to hit him more.

 

"Let go! A coward like you deserves it." Luhan held her hands tighter and pinned her against a large tree. He leaned in closer and looked at her in the eye. Seohyun gulped as she stared at him, he gave her a sad look.

 

"Please just leave me alone." He said softly.

 

"Why?" 

 

"I still like you, I never hated you. But you have to stay away from me. I know you didn't kill any of the people you robbed. I know you didn't do it."

 

"Huh? Then why did you leave me like that? Why did you say you don't want to see me anymore." Seohyun said as tears slowly fell from her eyes.

 

"Because your friend Yuri, she was right. We are not meant to be together. She told me about the guy who's been wanting to kill you, I have to stay away from you so that you will be save. I thought I would never see you again but instead you just go to the same school as I do. What were you thinking about? You can't leave this forest for more than 4 hours." Luhan said as he slowly removed his hands from hers.

 

"You stupid... Don't you know I decided to go to school because I want to catch a glimpse of you everyday? I want to see your face even just a second for everyday in my life!" Seohyun yelled at him.

 

"You're the one who's stupid. Don't waste your time on someone like me." He said as he turned around and started to walk away. Seohyun pulled his hand before she said.

 

"I'm not leaving you alone." Luhan sighed and continued to walk. They walked side by side through the forest but they kept silence, they didn't say anything. Luhan stopped walking as they reached the place where they first met.

 

"This place..." Seohyun started but then her eyes spotted a backpack under the tree. 

 

"What is that?" She asked him as she walked to the tree. Luhan approached her and sat under the tree.

 

"Just a blanket. You know it's very cold here at night."

 

"Huh? You've been sleeping here?"

 

"No, I slept here only yesterday night so I brought a blanket."

 

"Why?"

 

"I just wanted to be alone. Taeyeon kept bothering me all night, I just needed to stay away from her." He said as he thought about last night when Taeyeon found the large family portrait inside the storage and she kept asking him a question after he told her about Seohyun.

When the night finally came, Seohyun hugged herself as she felt colder. She didn't wear her jacket and her school uniform blazer was not preventing her from feeling cold. Luhan took out the blanket from his backpack and wrapped it around Seohyun.

 

"I told you to leave. You might get a fever."

 

"I don't get sick easily." Seohyun replied with a giggle. She then pulled Luhan closer to her and shared the blanket with him. They stayed like that for more than an hour, not saying anything to each other. Seohyun stood up all of a sudden and Luhan who was still sitting on the ground looked up to her.

 

"I better leave, you clearly don't want me to be here with you." Seohyun said weakly. As she was about to turn around, Luhan suddenly pulled her hand making her accidentally stumbled and fell on the person who was still sitting on the ground. Luhan winced in pain at the sudden collision before his eyes were locked on Seohyun who was now lying on top of him. They stared at each other and slowly their lips met. 

 

Seohyun opened her eyes but she still felt so sleepy, she pulled the blnket over her head but then she felt something strange. She felt a pair of hands touching her bare skin and a heavy breathing on her neck. She gulped and turned to see Luhan's sleeping body was hugging her underneath the warm blanket. Her eyes then travelled to his bare chest, before she looked at her own body. She and the person beside her were completely . Now she remembered everything she did the night before. Panicked, she sat up and reached for her school uniform. She glanced at Luhan one last time before she left him and ran through the forest to her house. Her heart was pounding, she just did something really bad last night.

 

 

"Unnie.. I am sorry it's my mistake." Seohyun said as she looked down on her lap.

 

"We can't easily forgive you, you know? But we'll try to figure this out." Yoona said softly at her. Yuri took Seohyun's school uniform and threw it on her lap. 

 

"Go change now. We're going home." Yuri said coldly at the younger girl. Seohyun nodded and did what she told.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"He will be like this for 48hours, after that he will be in so much pain for the next 48hours. Then, slowly his heart will stop beating, and he will die slowly. It will be the most painful death." Kim Chul said as he stared at Luhan who was lying on the bed. Kim Jongin grabbed his father by the collar after his father told him that.

 

"Father! I swear I will not forgive you if something happened to my son."

 

"Jongin.. It's her fault. I created this vial for her. It's all her fault."

 

"I don't care. Father you have to save him, do whatever it takes. I beg you." Kim Jongin said as he removed his hands from his father. He touched Luhan's pale face before he exited the room. Kim Chul looked at his grandson sadly, then he proceed to his lab just right beside the room where Luhan was lying.

 

"Uncle Kim Chul, I'm sorry." Jessica said as she came inside his lab. 

 

"Silence, you don't need to say sorry. It's all her fault." The old man said as he working on his vial. 

 

"Why don't you just give him the same vial you gave to me? He will be save." Jessica walked closer to the old man.

 

"And seeing him to have the same fate as us, become an immortal? No, I would never do that to him." Kim Chul shook his head.

 

"But you can make him normal again by giving him the same vial you gave to Jongin." Jessica frowned.

 

"No, he has to live more than 30 years after I gave him the immortal vial before I inject him the vial that will bring him back to normal."

 

"But you have to save him."

 

"You don't have to worry. I will save him from death."

 

"Anyway, why you don't want to be back to normal Sooyeon?"

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"I'm home." Taeyeon said as she walked inside her house. She took out her cellphone from her bag as she walked to the kitchen to drink a water. She saw one unread message.

From: Seohyun

'Taeyeon meet me at the cafe near the public library in an hour.'

She walked towards the fridge when she saw her father came out from the door to the hall where his grandfather's room located.

 

"Dad, is Luhan home already? I can't reach him. He doesn't pick up his phone." Taeyeon said, approaching his father. Her father just looked at her emotionless before he spoke.

 

"Luhan, he suddenly has to go to your uncle house in Seoul. He will be back in three days." Her father said weakly. He her long hair then left. Taeyeon knew he was lying, she started to feel uneasy.

'Something isn't right.' She thought. She sat in the kitchen and started typing a text message to Seohyun but then she saw something very weird, she saw Jessica came out from the direction where her father just came out before. Jessica looked at her in shock before she flashed her a small smile. 

 

"Jessica, why are you here?" Taeyeon gave her a weird look.

 

"Uhm you know? I was waiting for you then I got bored so I walked around your house. Your house is really big." Jessica smiled nervously.

 

"Oh I forgot I have to go somewhere with Tiffany. Bye." She quickly ran out the room leaving a confuse Taeyeon alone. She knew she was lying, Tiffany just told her that she will be in her house all day.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"What?" Taeyeon almost choked.

 

"Do you expect me to believe that?"

 

"I know you won't easily believe in that. Here I have something to show you." Seohyun said as she took out an old photograph from her purse.

 

"Look closely, what do you see?" Seohyun said, showing Taeyeon the photo. Taeyeon saw the picture of her grandfather and her daughter with Seohyun. They wore something that she only sees in movies about world war II.

 

"Now, do you believe me?" 

 

"This is insane. So the girl they were talking about is you." Taeyeon said as her jaw dropped.

 

"Huh? What do you mean?" Seohyun looked at her confusedly.

 

"Nevermind." She forced a smile.

 

"I need to see Luhan. Please help me Taeyeon, I know something bad is happening to him." Seohyun said, pleadingly.

 

"But I really don't have any idea where he is. You know I want to see him as well."

 

"But there's something I want to know about Jessica, she's been acting weird. When we were in the hospital she told us that my grandpa wanted to see us but my grandpa never showed up and earlier today I saw her came out from the hall to my grandpa's room. She said she just walked around but I know she was lying." Taeyeon said before she sipped on her juice. Seohyun's face suddenly lit up. 

 

"I think I know where he is." Seohyun said as she gave Taeyeon a wide smile.

 

"Really? Where?" Taeyeon asked eagerly.

 

"There's something you don't know about that house Taeyeon. There's a hidden passage near the room across the passage to the basement." Seohyun said, still giving her a wide smile.

 

"Near the room across the passage to the basement? That's my grandpa's room. Woahh now I know why my dad chose a dark and narrow room for an old man."

 

"Lets go there Taeyeon. I know he's there."

 

"It will be hard. If Luhan really in that room, then there's no way we can go there easily. My grandpa would be in that room too." 

 

"How about we try to go there after midnight? He must be sleeping at that time."

 

"Uh okay lets go tomorrow night. But you haven't told me about Jessica. I know you know something about her."

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"I think everyone is asleep now. But we have to make it quick, my grandpa is really a scary person." Taeyeon whispered as Seohyun walked inside the house through the back door.

 

"I know. I just want to see if he's okay." Seohyun whispered back.

 

They walked to the kitchen and opened the door to the dark hall where they found Kim Chul's room and the passage to the basement across his room. As they walked through the dark hall they suddenly felt uneasy.

 

"I don't think this is a good idea. I'm scared." Taeyeon said in a low voice. Seohyun reached an old wardrobe beside Kim Chul's door room and examined it.

 

"Taeyeon help me push this thing to that side." Seohyun said as she tried to push the wardrobe.

They pushed the wardrobe together and soon a secret passage revealed.

 

"Wahh.. I never knew this thing exist inside my house." Taeyeon looked at the passage in awe. 

 

"Lets go in." Seohyun said as she walked through the passage. Taeyeon followed her from behind.