Her secrets

My Immortal Girl

Luhan just stood there frozen. He didn't kiss her back and just let Seohyun kissing him. He waited for this moment to happen but now he was just confused with everything that happened.

Seohyun stopped kissing him when she felt he didn't kiss her back and slowly removed her hands from Luhan's face. 

"Um...you didn't like it?" She bit her lip as she looked at him in the eyes. Luhan didn't say anything he just stared at her. He did like it he just didn't know what to say to the girl in front of him.

 

"That was my first kiss." She confessed. She looked down as shades of pink appeared on her cheeks. Again Luhan didn't know what to say to her. 

 

"I have always wanted to know what it feels like to kiss a guy." She said as she continued to blush.

 

"Seohyun." He said something for the first time after the kiss.

 

"Yeah?" She looked up to him and gave him a smile.

 

"So you're not a ghost?" Seohyun just nodded.

 

"Then what are you? Why was your face on a portrait from 20 years ago?" 

 

"Come with me." She turned around and walked deeper inside the dark forest. Luhan followed her from behind. As they walked deeper inside the forest Luhan couldn't help but felt uneasy. He wasn't sure if this was alright but deep inside he knew that he could trust her. 

 

"Where are you taking me Seohyun?" Luhan asked her as he ran to catch up with her. Now they walked side by side.

 

"My house. I want to show you my house." She answered and gave him a smile. Luhan just nodded.

They walked together in silence until they reached her house.

Luhan was in awe of the house. It was a beautiful small house.

 

"Luhan aren't you going to come in?" Seohyun asked him as she reached her doorstep.

 

"Ohh...yeah." He followed her inside the house.

He looked around the house and was amazed, the living room is  comfortable yet elegant. He sat on a couch as Seohyun took a seat next to him. 

 

"You have a pretty nice house." He looked at her and a smile appeared from his handsome face. It was the first time Seohyun saw him smiling since he arrived in the forest. She felt happy instantly.

 

"Yeah my dad built this house for me." She took out a portrait from inside her pocket and showed it to Luhan. He looked closely at the picture, it was a smaller size of the picture inside the storage. 

 

"They're not my real family."

 

"Huh?" Luhan gave her a confuse look.

 

"They took me as part of family when they moved in this town. It was 25 years ago." She said as she staring at the picture that Luhan was holding.

 

"Um you know...I'm not a ghost. I'm just like you. The different is that I have lived in this world longer than anyone else." 

 

"Huh?" He blinked in confusion. She swallowed hard before she answered him.

 

"I was born in 1905." She looked down on her lap.

 

"What?!" His eyes widened in surprise. 'No way! No freaking way!' He thought to himself. He looked at her and she didn't look like she was joking. 

 

"Are you...like a vampire?" He stuttered. Seohyun looked surprised at his question.

 

"What? No. I don't drink blood. And I don't even know if that thing is exist." She said in a loud voice.

 

"O-okay." He calmed himself. 'It's a good thing she's not a blood er. But what is she, really?' He thought.

 

"So what are you really?"

 

"Honestly I don't know what I really am. I'm just like you. I'm just like everyone else in this world. Only the difference is I don't grow old. I am like this for God knows how long." She said sofly. Luhan reached for her hands and squeezed it.

 

"Um I was wondering about one thing. How did you end up living in this forest?" Luhan asked her as he looked into her eyes.

 

"25 years ago I had a happy life with my family, they knew about my condition but they never treated me differently, we lived inside the house that you're staying now with your family. My sister Yoona was 21 years old at that time, and she took a good care of me.  But 5 years later something happened that forced us to be seperated. In order to protect me they hid me inside this dark forest and they told everyone that I was killed. My dad built this house for me afterward." Luhan stared at her with his mouth open.

 

"Twice a week they would come to visit me here. But two years later they had to move to the US because my dad went bankrupt and he had to start a new bussiness. I cried on the day they left. And sometimes when I missed them I went to that house and sat in my balcony for just an hour. I can't stay outside the forest for long" 

 

"So it was you who came inside my room and opened the old chest when I was having dinner with my family?" She nodded. 

 

"Sorry. I just wanted to take something from the chest." She smiled nervously. 

 

"Wait, my room is in the second floor. How did you get in? Don't tell me you have some super powers."

 

"No. I don't. I just climbed up to your room. I have done it so many times." She laughed.

 

"I can't imagine you climbing up to my room." Luhan stared at her in awe.

 

"You said your family hid you here to protect you. Why did they need to protect you? Protect you from what? And how did you become like this?" Seohyun just shook her head.

 

"I can't tell you Luhan. It has something to do with my past. I don't want to talk about it." She stood up and went to her bedroom. After few minutes Luhan headed to her bedroom, he saw her sitting on her bed hugging her legs.

Luhan sat beside her and patted her back gently.

 

"If you don't want to tell me right now it's okay but you have to tell me someday,hm?" He smiled sweetly at her. Seohyun chuckled, she missed his smiles.

 

"Why do I have to tell you? You know too much already."

 

"Because I am your boyfriend." He grinned.

 

"Huh? M-my boyfriend?"

 

"I told you that I like you and you told me that you like me too. That makes us an item." Luhan touched her cheeks and caressed it gently.

 

"I was so scared to think that you're really a ghost." 

 

"You were so scared that I might hurt you?" He shook his head.

 

"I was so scared that I might not have a chance to be with you." He pulled her closer to him and hugged her tightly. She smiled and hugged him back. 

 

 

Luhan woke up but found himself wasn't in his room. He looked at his side to see Seohyun was sleeping peacefully. He kissed her forehead 

then he remembered that he didn't come home last night.

'I didn't come home! Oh shoot!' He thought as he got up from the bed. 

He looked at the time and it's 6.45am.

He quickly ran outside the house, but as he ran through the forest he realized that he was deep inside the forest.

 

His phone rang and he quickly

answered it.

''Thank God it still have a signal.''

 

'Luhan you're so dead! I am so dead! We're so dead! You said you won't be long! But look at the time! Come quick.' He heard his sister yelled at the other line. 

 

"Relax, we still have time for school and I will be home before mom and dad even know that I slept outside"

 

'No you have  to come now. Dad wants to speak to us now!'

 

"It will take some time. I'm kind of far away from home."

 

'Where are you anyway?'

 

"Uh inside the forest."

 

'Why are you even there?! I thought you only went to see a girl. Whatever, come quick!' With that she hung up and Luhan continued to run.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Luhan you know what this means right?" Taeyeon asked her brother as they walked together to school. Luhan just nodded.

 

"Mom and dad will be in Seoul for the whole week that means it will be just two of us in the house." She walked ahead of Luhan and stood in front of him.

 

"That means you can't go anywhere in the middle of the night for the whole week. I'm still so scared about the freaky guy outside my windows days ago." 

 

"I know." He let out a sigh.

 

"Hey, you can still meet her after school. Why you have to meet her in the middle of the night?" 

 

"Taeyeon, she sleeps at daytime and she has to go to work at night. I can only see her after midnight." But then he remembered something, she hasn't told him what kind of job she has. It makes him want to see her soon. Very soon.

 

"What kind of job that required her to do it at night?" Taeyeon asked her brother again. He just shrugged.

 

"So that means she doesn't go to school? Are you dating an older girl? Is she a university student? Or what?" 

 

"You asked too much, I need to stay away from you. We live under the same house and we even seatmates at school." He laughed as he walked faster. Taeyeon followed behind him.

 

 

Luhan couldn't concentrate when he was in classroom, the teacher was talking about the japanese invasion to Korea during the WWII. He kept thinking about things that he wanted to ask her when he meet her.

'What kind of job she has? Why she doesn't want to tell me about her past?' He thought.

 

"No 24. No 24 isn't here?" The teacher said in a loud voice. Taeyeon nudged her brother.

 

"It's you dummy." She whispered. Luhan quickly raised his hand.

 

"No 24, a question for you. Since when did the Japanese took complete control of Korea during the invasion?" His teacher asked him and he just stood there not having any idea what to say to him . Suddenly he felt Taeyeon nudged him again and he saw her wrote down '1910' on her note book.

 

"Since 1910 sir." He quickly answered.

He looked at his sister and mouthed 'thank you'. Taeyeon just rolled her eyes. 

 

 

'Wait, Seohyun told me she was born in 1905. That means she had lived during the japanese invasion?'

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Seohyun took out an old photograph from her drawer and looked at it. 

 

"I can't hide forever. He will find me sooner or later." She said to herself.

Suddenly she heard Luhan called her name. She quickly put the photograph back in her drawer and locked it. 

Luhan ran to her room and hugged her. Seohyun giggled and broke the hug. 

 

"Hey I thought you said you sleep at daytime." Luhan asked her as he put his backpack on her bed.

 

"I just woke up. I don't sleep all day you know." She hit his chest lightly. Luhan just laughed.

 

"You're still in your uniform." Seohyun said as she sat on a sofa. Luhan took a seat on a large box in front of her.

 

"Yeah I came straight from school. I can't come to meet you at night for a week." He pouted. 

 

"Why?" She giggled. 

 

"My parents went to Seoul for a week. I can't live my sister alone at night. Remember when she called me that time?" She nodded.

 

"She saw a guy outside her windows."

 

"W-what?" Seohyun stared at him in shock.

'Could it be him? He's the only one who could do something like that. No. It could be anyone.' She thought and she quickly shook her head. Luhan noticed her sudden expression.

 

"What's wrong."

 

"Nothing." She forced a smile.

 

"Um Seohyun. You told me you work at night, what kind of job?" Luhan finally asked her the question that been bothering him all day. 

 

"Just this job..." She said nervously.

 

"Yeah but what. You told me you can't stay outside this forest for long, I think you only take an hour or two to finish the job." Seohyun was about to stand up but Luhan quickly pulled her back to sit in front of him.

 

"I don't want to talk about it. Look, I will tell you but not now." She said as she stood up. Luhan sighed.

'You have so many secrets Seo Joohyun.' He thought.

He was about to stand up when he noticed the large box he was sitting on. 

 

"Seohyun there's a box here. I wonder what's inside this box." He stood up as he tried to open the box.

Seohyun widened her eyes in horror.

'No he can't open that box. I have to do something.'

Seohyun quickly pushed Luhan on the bed. She got on top of him as she kissed him passionately. They were kissing each other until she felt his arms slowly caressing her buttock. Seohyun broke the kiss and they stared at each other.

 

"That was awesome" Luhan grinned. She quickly stood up and ran outside her room. She could feel her cheeks burning.

'I need to dig a hole and bury myself.'

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"I'm home!" Luhan walked to the living room and sat beside his sister.

Taeyeon looked at her side and she gave her brother a look.

 

"You're smiling like an idiot again. Stay away from me. I don't want to throw up." He just laughed. Suddenly his expression changed before he asked his sister.

 

"Taeyeon what do you know about Japanese invasion to Korea in 1910-1945?" Taeyeon continued to give her brother a weird look.

 

"Is there something wrong with you? Why you suddenly asked me about that?" She shook her head.

 

"Well you know I wasn't listening to Mr. Cho when he was talking about it."

 

"You can try search it on the internet dummy." 

 

"No I want to hear it from you." 

 

"I'm busy."

 

"You're not doing anything." Taeyeon looked at him before she answered.

 

"Not much, I heard that there is still great controversy about

Japan’s treatment of people during its

occupation. But most people said they treated koreans cruelly back then." Luhan was in silence after his sister told him that.

 

 

'Seohyun why you don't want to tell me about your past and your job?'

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Seohyun dragged the large box to one of the corner of her room and covered it with white silk.

 

"Now Luhan will never find this box. I will tell him the truth when I'm ready." She said to herself. 

 

 

'If you found out about my job I am afraid you might not want to see me anymore. I don't want to lose you Luhan. I love you.' 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Wah thanks so much for subscribing, reading, commenting and upvoting. You make me happy :)

Tell me what you think about this chapter :)

The next chapter will be longer than this one and you probably you will get to know about Seohyun's tragic past. Please look forward to it,,