The scary grandfather

My Immortal Girl

Seohyun woke up from her sleep by the sound of her phone's vibrating. She ignored it but her phone kept vibrating making her and someone beside her stirred in his sleep. She reached for her phone and turned it off with her eyes still shutted before she continued to sleep.

Luhan opened his eyes slightly to see Seohyun was sleeping peacefully hugging his body while her head rested on his arm. It was so cold as they were laying under the tree inside the dark forest. He remembered he walked to the forest and saw her was sitting under the tree with her back leaned against it. She was very beautiful just like when he first saw her, like an angel. She then confessed that she loves him making him feels like the happiest man in the world, they talked about so many things that night except about her past. They were just talking and staring at the night skies until they fell asleep in each other's arms. He held her body tightly and went back to sleep. 

 

'Joohyun.. my daughter, don't cry..it's fine..' Seohyun's dad said to her who was crying hardly seeing her parents were tied up in front of her. She didn't understand anything. She was sleeping in her room then suddenly her mom came and told her to run away and hide because someone's going to kill them. She didn't understand, her mom just dragged her out of her room and told Yuri and Sooyoung to take her away from the house. Her mom hugged her one last time and said that she loves her more than anything in the world before she pushed her out of the house. She ran with Yuri and Sooyoung through the woods but suddenly she felt a man grabbed her arm and pulled her forcefully from Sooyoung who was holding her hand. He then lifted her up and carried her on his shoulder, she kept screaming and hitting that man who carried her but he didn't even flinch. He kept walking and soon she realized that she was inside her house, that man put her on the ground and the view in front of her made her scream. She saw her parents were tied up, she tried to approach them but they told her not to come any closer. She didn't know what to do, she just cried hardly and wished it was just a nightmare. Suddenly the man who carried her earlier came, she looked at him and was so shock to see who it was.

'Uncle Kim Chul..' But he looked at her in disgust, no longer the old man who always gave her a warm smile everytime he saw her.

'Uncle Kim Chul.. what are you doing? Why are you doing this?' She asked between her sobs.

'Ask what your parents did to my wife and my precious daughter!' He yelled at her. 

'They killed them in front of my eyes and they enjoyed it.' Seohyun shook her head frantically, her parents wouldn't do something like that. She refused to listen to him. 

'You Seo Soohyuk and Lee Eunsoo, you and your precious daughter will have to pay for this!' He said and he turned to crying Seohyun.

'You, you will remember this day for the rest of your life Seo Joohyun.'

'I will kill you both in front of your precious daughter. She will feel the same pain that I feel after seeing my family were killed before my eyes. And this is all your fault.' He said as he took a knife from inside his pocket.

'No.. no you can't do that to her!' Seo Soohyuk said before that old man stabbed him repeatedly with a knife until he died, then he turned to his wife and did the same thing to her. Seohyun were forced to see that scene, she saw every little thing that the man did to her parents. She couldn't take it anymore, she passed out and her head hit the floor.

 

"Mom! Dad! No!" Seohyun screamed as she woke up from her sleep. She sat up and wiped the sweats from her face. Luhan woke up when she heard her screaming and sat up.

 

"What happened? You had a bad dream?" Luhan asked her as he held her shoulders softly. Seohyun smiled at him and hugged him tightly.

 

"A nightmare from my past. It was so real. I'm so scared." She said softly.

 

"It's okay it's just a dream." Luhan said as he her long hair softly.

Suddenly Seohyun realized something, she slept outside again. She pulled away from the hug and looked at Luhan's wristwatch.

 

"Oh no, Yoona unnie is going to kill me." She said in a loud voice. She took her phone and turned it on. '22 missed calls and 10 text messages' 'oh no'

 

"I have to go home." She said as she stood up. Luhan stood up and wore his jacket.

 

"You want me to take you home?" He said, taking her hand.

 

"No, Yoona unnie doesn't know about us. I can go by myself." She smiled sweetly at him. Luhan just nodded his head. She planted a soft kiss on his lips before she turned to go. But before she could leave she felt him pulled her close to him and kissed her deeply. Seohyun smiled as she pulled his face closer and deepened the kiss.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Seohyun stood on her doorstep as she took a deep breath. She knew her unnie would be so angry at her, it's the second times in the week that she came home late. But before she even reached the doorknob, the door flung open and Yoona quickly hugged her. 

 

"You young lady, I was so worried about you. We searched for you everywhere in the forest. You said you wanted to go to your favourite place in the forest but we don't know where it is." Yoona said as she hugged the younger girl tighter. Seohyun blinked her eyes, she thought her unnie would be so mad at her. She broke the hug and she noticed that her unnie was crying.

 

"Unnie..why are you crying?" She said as she wiped the tears away from her.

 

"Stupid girl. Don't ever do that again! Got it?" She snapped at her making her nodded her head quickly. They went inside their house and she noticed that Yuri and Sooyoung were there sitting on the couch.

 

"Yah Seo Joohyun! You did it again. You didn't pick up your phone and you didn't reply to any of my message." Yuri said, half yelling. She called her by her real name that means she was so angry. Seohyun gulped then she turned to look at Sooyoung who was frowning.

 

"I-I am sorry.. I fell asleep." She said quietly as she looked at her lap. Yoona hugged her again and patted her back.

 

"I feel like I have two daughters." She chuckled. Seohyun smiled as she hugged her back. She missed her mother, she missed her everyday in her life. And Yoona made her felt like she was still having a mother. Then the image from her nightmare reappeared, how her parents were stabbed to death in front of her, how they were screaming in pain. She shook her head as she hugged her unnie tighter. Sooyoung noticed the sudden expression in the younger girl's face, she was pale and looked like she was just seeing a ghost. 

 

"Seohyun are you okay?" Sooyoung asked, giving her a worried look. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Luhan came inside his house through the back door and hurriedly made his way to his room. As he walked passed the storage room, he noticed the room's door was wide open. Curious, he walked closer and came inside the room. What he's seen next made him widened his eyes in fear, there he saw his grandfather was stabbing himself with a knife then he injected himself with a vial. 

 

"Grandpa...wh-what a-are you doing?" He sttutered as he walked closer to the old man.

 

"Get out!" He shouted.

 

"Grandpa..." He called him, his voice was shaking.

 

"I said get out!" He said harshly making Luhan stumbled and hurriedly ran to his room. He opened the door and jumped on his bed but then he felt something touched his back making him scream in fear.

 

"Sshh it's just me." Taeyeon whispered from inside the blanket.

 

"Taeyeon? What the hell are you doing here?" He asked as he removed the blanket from her body, revealing his sister who quickly hugged him tightly.

 

"I'm scared...I saw the same creepy guy outside my windows again..I think he was watching me sleep. I just ran to your room and hid myself inside your blanket."

 

"Did you see his face clearly?" Luhan asked her as he pulled away from the hug and look into her eyes. Taeyeon shook her head.

 

"But he really looked like grandpa...I'm not lying. But why you look so scared?" 

 

"You're right. Grandpa is weird, he scared me. I saw him.. ah nevermind." He's not going to make his sister more scared.

 

"I told you he's weird and scary." She said, taking out an empty vial from her pocket.

 

"Look what I've found in his room. This are all over his room." Taeyeon said as she gave the empty vial to her brother. He took it and he threw it outside his window.

 

"Listen Taeyeon, don't ever come to his room again. I have a bad feeling about this." Taeyeon nodded.

 

"Can I sleep in your room Luhan? It's only two hours till the morning comes." Taeyeon was pulling his shirt.

 

"Okay, you sleep here while I sleep on the sofa." He said as he took a pillow and put it on the sofa across his bed.

 

"Thanks Luhan." Taeyeon smiled as she lay down on the bed and closed her eyes.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Her fever has subsided, she just fell asleep." Sooyoung said to Yoona who just came inside Seohyun's room. Yoona sat on the bed and held the younger girl's hand.

 

"Why did she even get a fever? It's the first time in 50 years." Yuri said, shaking her head. She was sitting at the edge of the bed looking at the youngest girl sleeping figure.

 

"She slept outside all night. Maybe that's why." Sooyoung said as she pulled up the cover over Seohyun's sleeping body.

 

"I have a strong feeling she was with that Luhan guy." Yuri said, gritting her teeth.

 

"Yuri, just give up. She will never forget about him, she even goes to school just to see his face." Yoona said as she stood up.

 

"So we're just gonna sit here and do nothing if that old man turned to hunt that poor guy? We know he will hurt him if he found out about them." Yuri said in a loud voice.

 

"Sshhh she can hear you. Lets talk outside." Sooyoung whispered as she pushed Yoona and Yuri outside the room. The three of them left the room and closed the door behind them.

Seohyun slowly opened her eyes once they were out of her sight. She heard everything they said, she slowly got up from her bed and quickly dialled Luhan's number.

 

'Hello Seohyun?' She heard he called her from the other line.

 

"Luhan..."

 

'Um what's wrong?' Seohyun shook her head though he couldn't see it.

 

"What would you do if one day I had to go far away from here?" She asked him softly.

 

'What do you mean?'

 

"Just answer me."

 

'I will follow you. I will follow you to the end of the world.' Her face lit up.

 

"Re-really?"

 

'Yes.' He said simply.

 

"Luhan you know what? Before I met you I did not fear to die but now I would do anything just to keep alive because I want to be with you."

 

'Why are you talking like that?'

 

"It's nothing. I just wanted to say that to you." With that she hung up. She fell on her knees and cried silently.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Luhan kept glancing at his grandfather when they were having breakfast together. He didn't look like a weird old man, he kept eating and occasionaly he would give Luhan a warm smile. He was confused, last night he was very different and now acted like the incident about last night was never happened. 

 

"Luhan let me take you and your sister to school today." Kim Chul said after he finished with his breakfast. Luhan didn't say anything then he turned to look at Taeyeon who didn't looked very happy about the idea. His sister seemed so quiet and she looked very tired, he wondered what happened to his sister. She's not the usual Taeyeon. 

 

"Um grandpa I don't think that is a good idea, we used to walk to school." Luhan said after a long paused. His grandfather frowned but soon he nodded with a smile.

 

 

"Taeyeon is there something wrong? You are so quiet. Is it about the creepy guy outside your window last night?" Luhan asked his sister as they walked side by side to their school. Taeyeon hadn't spoken a single word since they left their house.

 

"I don't like this Taeyeon. I want the old Taeyeon." He pouted.

 

"Luhan." She finally said something.

 

"I haven't told you about one thing. It's about grandpa and dad." She said without looking at him. 

 

"About grandpa and dad? What is it?"

 

"There's something strange about them. I accidentally overheard them talking about this one girl last night."

 

"A girl? Who?" Luhan said as he turned to look at her.

 

"I don't know, but it freaks me out." Taeyeon said as she stood in front of him, blocking his way. She looked up to meet his eyes and swallowed hard before she spoke.

 

"They said you will help them to get rid of her." She gave him a frantic look.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Short update everyone,, the next chapter will be much longer :)

 

Thanks for subscribing, commenting, reading and upvoting ^^ thanks a lot