The family secret

My Immortal Girl

"What are we doing here? I thought we're going shopping." Tiffany said to Taeyeon as they stepped inside the crowded hospital lobby.

 

"I just want to find out about something. We're going to my grandpa's office, I heard he went to Seoul this morning." Taeyeon said as they walked farther inside the lobby. Tiffany looked at her in astonishment.

 

"This girl, I should have known when you said you wanted to go shopping when we're in my house. You just wanted me to drive you here." Tiffany said, glaring at her. Taeyeon smiled coyly at her.

 

"We're going shopping after this. I promise." Taeyeon said, dragging Tiffany inside the elevator with her.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Lets run away and marry each other." Luhan repeated. Seohyun stared at him flabbergasted, she never thought her boyfriend would say something like that. Deep inside she was happy but she knew it would cause a huge problem for them and everyone around them.

 

"You silly. You're just a 17 year old teenager. We are only teenagers, though I've been living for more than a hundred years but still I am a 17 year old teenager. Just like you." Seohyun said softly as she caressed his cheek.

 

"I know, but it's the only thing we can do if we want to be together. I have thought about this so many times and this is the only way." Luhan said, staring at her lovingly.

 

"But Luhan I still don't think this is the best-" Luhan cut her off with a kiss.

 

"Just for a year, lets run away from everything just for a year until you give birth to our child. I want to be with you the whole time during your pregnancy as your husband." Luhan said, smiling warmly at her after the kiss. Seohyun was even surprised, she thought for a moment and thinking about marrying him, spending all the time with him during her pregnancy just made her so happy.  They will be together, just the two of them without everyone telling them to stay away from each other for a year. Seohyun without hesitation nodded her head.

 

"Yes, lets run away from everything for a year." Seohyun said as she hugged Luhan tightly. Luhan just giggled, he was glad his girlfriend agreed to run away with him.

 

"But, where are we going to go?" Seohyun asked as she pulled away from the hug.

 

"I'm still thinking about it, just somewhere far away from here. A place where everyone can't find us." Luhan said, tucking her hair behind her ear.

 

"Okay, we'll think about it together." Seohyun said, smiling brightly at him.

 

"Um Seohyun, before I came here, I went to the town to buy this." Luhan said, as he took out a small white box from his pocket.

 

"What is it?" Seohyun said, eyeing the small box.

 

"It's supposed to be our engagement ring." Luhan said as he opened the box, revealing two simple white gold rings. Seohyun looked at the ring with opened. Her parents gave her many expensive jewelry before but this one just made her eyes teary.

 

"I never gave you anything before, and this is the only thing I can give you right now. I'm sorry that this is not an expensive ring, it's just-" Luhan couldn't say anything else as Seohyun pulled him into a kiss.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"You just wait outside, I won't take long." Taeyeon said to Tiffany as she walked inside Kim Chul's office room. She went straight to her grandpa's desk and started opening some books and documents she found.

 

"Man.. there's nothing here." Then a dial combination safe placed near a drawer caught her eyes. She approached it and started turning the dial. She first tried turning the dial with her grandpa's birth date, then his dad's birth date then her birth date but none of it could open the safe. Then she thought about her brother, she quickly turn the dial with Luhan's date birth and voila! It's opened by itself.

 

"Grandpa even set Luhan's birth date as his safe code numbers! What is going on actually?" She asked herself as she took out all the things she found inside the safe. She found some documents she didn't understand then some letters, but then a photo fell on the floor. She looked at it, it was a photo of her grandpa, her dad, a woman, and a man who was in the photograph she saw with Tiffany few days ago in this room. She read the back of the photo, it says.

'My lovely wife, my father in law, my brother in law and I at my 35th birthday.'  Beijing, 1991. 

 

"What is the meaning of this? So this woman was also grandpa's child. This guy looked so much like Luhan. If this is Luhan's real father then Luhan is grandpa's real grandchild! And my dad is actually his uncle! So that's why grandpa loves Luhan so much. I'm so confused! I never knew my dad had another sibling! Okay so she married a man in Beijing so that's why Luhan's name was Xi Luhan. All I know dad's sibling's name was Kim Hyoyeon and Seohyun told me she was murdered decades ago by her parents. So my grandpa maybe married again long after his family died and had this woman. She was Luhan's real mother! His parents died in car accident in Beijing and my father adopted him as his own son. But why didn't they just tell us that dad is actually his uncle and grandpa actually his real granpa? Ohh man so confusing!"

 

"Yah Taeyeon why are you talking to yourself? Are you done?" Tiffany asked on the doorway."

 

"Ah yeah." Taeyeon put the things back inside the safe and went out the room.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Seohyun quickly took off the ring from her finger and put it inside her pocket when she stood in her doorstep. She'll be in trouble if her unnies saw the ring. She opened the door to her house and was surprised to see all her unnies were sitting on the couch. They looked at her and Yoona told her to sit as she stepped inside.

 

"I thought you went to the bookstore but you didn't bring anything." Yoona said, raising her eyebrow.

 

"Umm I didn't find anything that interest me." Seohyun said quietly. 

 

"Seohyun we have something very important to tell you and this might upset you." Sooyoung said carefully.

 

"Um what is it?" Seohyun hoped Sooyoung was wrong, she hoped they won't tell her something that can upset her.

 

"We're going abroad in two days. We have prepared everything that we need, you just have to pack your things now." Yuri said calmly.

 

"What?!" Seohyun shouted as she stood up from her seat. 

 

"Listen, it's the best for you and your unborn child. We have to take you away from Kim Chul and his family. I know this is very hard but you have to forget about that Luhan guy. You two can never be together." Yuri said in a low tone, she didn't want to make everything sound too harsh.

 

"No, I'd rather die than to be apart from him. Why don't you all understand that I can't live without him?" Seohyun said as she tried not to cry.

 

"Yah Seo Joohyun! You like it or not we're going to London in two days." Yuri yelled at her, she's had enough with this Luhan thing. She didn't understand what's so great about love. She always believe that love will fade away as time goes by. 

 

"Lo-London? So we're going to London?" Seohyun asked, blinking her eyes. So they are going to the place where Luhan and his sister will be there also.

 

"Yes, and we will force you to come with us if you don't want to." Sooyoung said firmly.

 

"No, you don't have to. I'm going to London with you all." Seohyun said coldly before she went to her room. The three of them looked at each other confusedly.

 

"Okay, it wasn't very hard." Sooyoung said confusedly.

 

Seohyun locked her room and took out her cellphone from her uniform pocket as she sat on the bed. Suddenly she got a great plan for her and Luhan, she couldn't believe everything was going smoothly for both of them. Just five minutes ago she still hasn't decided where are they going for their elopement but now she was so excited that their plan will become a reality very soon. She almost chuckled at the thoughts of Kim Chul and her unnies who are trying so hard to separate them from each other but fate instead will bring them closer to each other. Happily she dialled Luhan's number and waited for him to answer his call.

 

'Hello Seohyun?'

 

"Luhan I have something to tell you. Come to our favourite place after midnight."

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"What did she say?" Taeyeon asked a smiling Luhan as he sat on the bed beside her. Taeyeon was so happy that her brother finally woke up, she ran to his room as soon as she came home. Now that she found out the truth about her brother she even happier, she was happy that they're actually blood related.

 

"She wants to tell me something, I think it's important." Luhan replied with a smile on his face.

 

"Speaking about something important, I have to tell you something important as well." Taeyeon said, facing his brother.

 

"Yeah? What?" Luhan gave her a quizzical look. But before Taeyeon could say anything, their mother came to the room and told them that their dad wanted to speak with them. But they noticed something odd about their mother, her eyes swollen like she had been crying and she didn't smile towards her kids like she always did. They found it strange since their parents never had a big fight before, when they asked her about it their mom didn't say anything but what made them very surprised was when Taeyeon tried to hug her, she shoved her harshly and left. It hurted her, she didn't understand anything.

They made their way to their dad's room and sat in front of him on the sofa.

 

"Taeyeon, Luhan, we have a great news for you two. Dad will send you both to London to continue your studies." Kim Jongin said excitedly. Taeyeon looked at him with her jaw dropped while Luhan just gave him a blank expression. 

 

"Dad, you're not kidding? London is like one of the most expensive city in the world." Taeyeon knew her dad and her grandpa must be planned this to separate Seohyun and Luhan from each other but going to London was far from her expectation. They are not one rich family, well except maybe her grandpa.

 

"Yes, but you two don't have to worry. Your grandpa will support you two while you there." Kim Jongin said as he smiled at his kids. Luhan almost scoffed.

'Yeah, by selling Seohyun's house.' He thought.

 

"You two will be going in a week and will be staying at school dorm." Taeyeon and Luhan exchanged looks, Taeyeon nodded her head slowly while Luhan just shrugged and left the room with Taeyeon followed him. When they walked passed the livingroom they met their grandpa and greeted him before they went to their own bedrooms. It was an awkward situation when Kim Chul gave his grandson a warm smile while Luhan just looked at him coldly and Taeyeon gave her grandpa a smile while Kim Chul just just looked away from her. She was used to it but what her mother did to her awhile ago just made her sad. 

 

"Taeyeon, you said you want to tell me something important." Luhan said to his sister as they walked down the hall to their rooms. Taeyeon nodded and pulled him to her room. 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Seohyun walked through the dark forest, hugging her body. It was cold though she already wore her jacket. As she walked farther, she thought about what she heard before she sneaked outside her house. She overheard the conversation between Yoona and Sooyoung.

'Yoona, tell me about your kids. You rarely talk about them.' Seohyun heard Sooyoung said to Yoona. She let out a small laugh before she replied to her.

'My son, he just turned 17 and my daughter is 14, they are not blood related actually. 17 years ago just two months before I gave birth to my first child, I left US with my husband for bussiness trip and we went to Seoul. I gave birth to my first child in Seoul and I had a daughter, she was beautiful but she died just an hour after I gave birth to her. I was very devastated then my husband suggested us to adopt a son. We moved to London and bought a small house for the three of us, we stayed there for three years until I gave birth to my second child.'

Seohyun didn't know that her unnie was suffered before because she lost her daughter, she felt sorry for her. Her mind wandered as she went deeper inside the dark forest, staring blankly at the ground. She will have a child soon, she hoped everything will be alright for her, for Luhan and of course for their unborn child.

When she arrived at her favourite place, her face formed a bright smile as she saw the guy she loves was already there waiting for her. He was lying on the ground under the tree with a blanket covered his body. She hurriedly came to him, slipped underneath the warm blanket with him and snuggled close to him. Luhan looked at her and let out a chuckle, Seohyun stared at his eyes before she kissed his cheek. She laid her head on his chest and her hand played with his shirt while Luhan held her tightly. 

 

"Luhan.. when will your dad send you and Taeyeon to London?" Seohyun asked him after a long silence. Luhan sighed before he replied to her.

 

"In a week." Luhan said softly.

 

"But we know I won't go-" Seohyun put her finger on his lips, stopping him from talking. Seohyun looked up to meet his eyes before she said.

 

"Luhan you have to go to London. The reason I want to meet you here tonight is to tell this to you. You have to go to London." Luhan gave her a confused look.

 

"Because in two days I'm going there as well." Seohyun said, smiling widely. Luhan widened his eyes as he sat up.

 

"What? What do you mean?" 

 

"Apparently my unnies are planning to take me to London, we're going in two days." Seohyun replied with a wide smile still on her face. Luhan was pleasantly surprised.

 

"Woahh that's great." Luhan looked at her with his mouth opened. Seohyun giggled before she said.

 

"I have a plan." 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Luhan and Taeyeon's mother Mrs. Lee Hyesu came inside her daughter's room and sat on her bed. She felt guilty for being harsh towards her earlier, she didn't mean that. She did that because she just found out something that made her lost her mind.

She came home from work and noticed the door to the hall in the kitchen was opened. She walked inside and accidentally overheard her husband and her father in law were having a serious conversation inside her father in law's room.

 

"Are you sure you're going to send Luhan and Taeyeon together to London?" Kim Chul asked his son.

 

"Yes, father." Kim Jongin replied to him firmly.

 

"She's not even your daughter, she's not my granddaughter. Why bother? Such a waste of money." Kim Chul said, frowning.

 

"Father! Must you said that? She doesn't know this and I love her like my own child." Kim Jongin raised his tone at his father.

 

"After all these years I still can't understand why you took her as your own child." Kim Chul shook his head as he stood up from his seat.

 

"Father you know the reason why. Because I couldn't tell Hyesu that our daughter died just after she gave birth to her. I switched my dead child with a healthy child, I gave her to Hyesu and she was so happy to see the baby's face." Kim Jongin said.

 

"You didn't do it for the sake of your wife, you took that child because the mother of that child was the woman you loved! You can't have her so you took her child." Kim Chul said angrily.

 

"Father, I don't care what you think about me. I love Taeyeon like my own child."

 

"Just give her back to her real mother, I just found out that she's back in Korea and it turns out she's Seo Joohyun foster mother. She's also rich, she can give her all the things you can't give to her all this time."

 

"No, I won't give her to anyone. She will be my daughter for the rest of her life."

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Seohyun, do you still love me if Kim Chul and I are actually blood related?" Luhan asked her as they stared at the stars, hugging each other underneath a warm blanket.

 

"What a silly question, I don't care who you are Kim Luhan. I love you." Seohyun gave him a peck on his lips. Luhan let out a smile.

 

"That's a relief because I just found out that we are actually blood related." Luhan said, staring at the stars but he had a sad look on his face. Seohyun noticed this, she caressed his cheek making him turned to look at her.

 

"I'm not going to ask you anything about it, I know you will tell me when you feel better." Seohyun smiled warmly at him. Luhan stared at her beautiful face and unknowingly to him, a tear escaped from his eye. Seohyun wiped his tear softly as they stared at each other's eyes.

 

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry for all my grandpa did to you.. He's been doing bad things to you and I'm hoping that we're not blood related. I'm so sorry..." Luhan said as tears escaped more from his eyes. Seohyun didn't like it he's being like this. He didn't have to say sorry for all his grandpa did to her. She never hated Kim Chul though he made her suffer by killing her own parents in front of her. She's angry at that old man but that's it, she chose to forget all the things he did to her and continue with her life. She knows that old man will try to kill her again and she will fight him, she will do anything just to keep alive. She wants to be with the guy she loves, now that she's pregnant she has more reason to keep alive, she will fight him but she never hates him.

Seohyun wiped his tears away with her fingers and kissed both his eyes softly.

 

"You don't have to say sorry, you know? I never hate your grandpa." She said, hugging him tightly in her arms. Luhan pulled away after a moment, he looked into her eyes lovingly before he kissed her lips passionately.

Unknown to them, someone had been watching them from a far, she couldn't hear what they were talking about but the view before her wasn't pleasant to look at. She saw them cuddling and talking so close to each other but what she's seen next just made her blood boiled from anger. Yuri came towards the couple and pulled the guy away from kissing the brown haired girl. They both had a surprised look on their faces.

 

"You stay away from her!" Yuri yelled harshly at Luhan. Then she turned to the younger girl and slapped her hard, leaving a tiny pink mark on her cheek. Luhan gasped and quickly ran to Seohyun who was sitting on the ground touching her cheek.

 

"Are you okay?" Luhan said worriedly. Seohyun gave him a small smile as she tried to stand up.

 

"You didn't have to do that to her!" Luhan yelled at Yuri who was glowering at them. Seohyun took his hand and held it softly.

 

"It's okay." Seohyun said softly at him. Yuri grabbed the younger girl's hand and pulled her away from Luhan. Seohyun looked at Luhan and mouthed something to him as Yuri dragging her far from him. Luhan knew what she mean and nodded his head. 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yuri harshly threw the younger girl on the sofa as soon as they came inside the house. Yoona came to her and held her softly.

 

"Yuri what is wrong with you? You know that she's pregnant." Yoona said, frowning at her.

 

"Ask her what she did just now inside the forest, I caught her and that guy were doing something inappropriate in the forest." Yuri said angrily. Yoona looked at Seohyun in dismay.

 

"I told you to stay away from him, why you never listen to us?" Yoona said, half yelling.

 

"I didn't do anything wrong." Seohyun said, crying. She stood up and rushed to her room.

 

"I will lock you in your room until we will go to London. You can't go anywhere and that was the last time you see that guy!" Seohyun could hear Yuri yelled at her from outside her room. 

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

One week later...

 

"Have you gone mad?" Taeyeon asked her brother in a loud voice. Luhan quickly closed with his palm. Taeyeon came to his room to tell him that his dad and his grandpa were already downstairs waiting for him. But what he told her just now made her forgot about what she wanted to tell him. 

 

"Sshhh they can hear you." Luhan said, removing his palm from .

 

"You're insane you know that. How can you just run away with her as soon as we arrive in London? Grandpa will kill both of you when he finds out." Taeyeon said, lowering her voice.

 

"I don't care. I'm going to run away with her and you will help us." 

 

"What?" Taeyeon looked at him shockingly. 

 

"No nu uh, I don't want to get myself in trouble." She shook her head.

 

"Just for a year, we're going to run away just for year until she give birth to our child. Please Taeyeon, we can't do it without you." Luhan pleaded. Taeyeon gave up after he mentioned about their child.

 

"Alright, we'll talk about this later when we're alone in the plane. Anyways, dad and grandpa are waiting for you downstairs so you have to make it quick." Taeyeon said as she started to walk but suddenly she turned around and faced her brother again.

 

"Um but I haven't seen mom for days, I don't know what happened to her but I think she's been avoiding me." Taeyeon said quietly. Luhan wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

 

"Don't think like that. I think she's just very busy." Luhan said before he kissed the top of her head.

 

"But still, we will go abroad and she doesn't even send me a text message." Taeyeon said, leaving the room. Luhan looked at her sadly as she left the room. He knew their mother has been avoiding his sister but he didn't tell her that for he didn't want to make her sad, he wished he knew what was happening with their mother. He shook his head and proceed to pack his things inside the suitcase, a smile appeared on his face when he thought about seeing Seohyun again when they go to London. 

Taeyeon suddenly came inside his room panting, when he just done packing. Taeyeon approached him before she said.

 

"Luhan, you won't believe who's going with us to London." Taeyeon looked at him frantically. Soon the door opened, revealing Jessica who walked inside the room with a smile on her face.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yay an update! It's still august 5 in my place and it's a special day hehe today is my birthday and also SNSD's 7th anniversary ^^

7 years with SNSD, 7 years with happiness :)

Anyways thanks for supporting this fic and tell me what you think about this chapter ;)