The immortals

My Immortal Girl

"Luhan there's a girl downstairs. She said she wants to see you." Taeyeon said as she walked inside her brother's room. Luhan who was sitting on his bed doing his homework looked up to her.

 

"Who?" He said as he put his laptop on his bed.

 

"She said her name is Seohyun. Who is she? Is she your- . Before she could finish her brother was already ran outside his room.

 

"Aish that guy! Wait I think I have seen her before. But where?" She walked outside the room and closed the door behind her. 

 

Luhan ran to the living room and found Seohyun was sitting on the couch. She stood up as soon as she saw him walking towards her.

 

"Seohyun, what a surprise!" He took her hands and held it.

 

"I just came to take something from the chest. I don't need to climb up to your room." She smiled.

 

"I placed it inside the storage. Let me take you there."

 

"I know where it is." She giggled. Luhan walked with Seohyun to the storage and let her opening the old chest while he stood behind her.

 

"I got it." She said as she put it inside her purse. 

 

"What is it?" Luhan asked her as they walked out the room.

 

"It's a neclace that Yoona unnie gave it to me before she left to the US. It fell inside the chest last time because I was in hurry and I think I even forgot to close the chest."

 

"Yeah I was in shock to see that thing was already opened since I left it still shutted." He held her hand as they walked downstairs. Suddenly her phone's rang, she quickly answered it.

 

"Yeah Unnie? I'll be right there." With that she hung up.

 

"Wah Seohyun you never told me you have a cellphone." He snatched the phone from her grip.

 

"You never asked." 

 

"Wow it's a limited edition. It's very expensive. How did you get it?" He asked her as he typed his phone number on it.

 

"Uh from my job." She said nervously.

 

"Here's my number be sure to call me. And who was it?" He gave her phone back to her.

 

"She's kind of...my boss. Um you.. know I have to go now. Bye." She walked outside the door leaving a confused Luhan.

'I feel I know nothing about her.' He thought.

 

"Hey where is she?" Taeyeon came from behind him.

 

"She just left." Luhan simply answered.

 

"Wow you have such a pretty girlfriend. You said she works at night and sleeps at daytime, I thought she's older than us but from what I've seen she's just around our ages. Plus I know I have seen her somewhere before." She turned to her side but her brother was already out of her sight.

 

"Great. I'm talking to myself again." 

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Unnie, I don't want to do this anymore." Seohyun said to the older girl in front of her.

 

"What? Why so sudden?" The older girl raised her eyebrow.

 

"Unnie you know I never wanted to do this kind of job. It's not even a job." Seohyun pouted. The older girl in front of her stood up from her seat and crossed her arms.

 

"Seohyun, we have discussed this for a thousand times already. We don't have any choice. We need to survive too." She said in a loud voice.

 

"But unnie I really don't want to do this anymore." Seohyun looked down on her lap. 

 

"What happened Seohyun? I know there is a reason why you suddenly want to stop doing this job."

 

"Um...I met this guy in the forest. And I think I love him."

 

"What?! Are you crazy Seohyun? You know you can't get involved with humans!" The older girl half yelled at her.

 

"I am also a human..." Seohyun said quietly.

 

"Yeah a human who is more than a hundred years of age but in a form of 17 year old teenager." She said sarcastically. 

 

"We are different from them, Seohyun. We are not humans, we call ourself as the immortals" The older girl said sofly to her.

 

"I don't like that sounds." Seohyun shook her head. The older girl just sighed.

 

"Seohyun you can't be with him. You know that, it's just against the rules."

 

"But I love him." Seohyun looked at the girl beside her.

 

"Forget about your feelings for him. Break up with him!" The older girl yelled at her.

 

"Yuri unnie!!" Seohyun rushed to her room and jumped on her bed. She cried as she hugged her legs like she always do when she feels sad.

 

"I'm going home. I'll pick you up at 9pm." Yuri said before she left the house.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Taeyeon, hey are you listening to me?" Luhan tapped the back of his sister making her quickly turned her attention on him.

 

"Yeah what?" She said as she looked at him.

 

"I was asking you about the school project that Mr. Shin told us to do. What's wrong? You seemed so deep in your thoughts." Luhan sat closer to her.

 

"That girl, Seohyun. I swear I saw her before."

 

"Right, I saw her in the myeongdong about a week ago. It was around 10pm." She said after a long pause.

 

"Huh? But myeongdong is in Seoul. What were you doing there at that time?"

 

"Well I was having a date with this cute guy."

 

"What? You never told me about that." 

"I was going to. But that time you were all gloomy and kept on locking yourself in your room remember?" Luhan just nodded.

 

"I dumped him already, he's a jerk. It turned out he was also dating Minah from class II-2. It doesn't matter, what matter now is that you said your girlfriend has to work at night but why was she in Seoul at that time? It's like two hours trip. She didn't look like she was doing a job. She just sat there."

Luhan looked at the time, it's 08.30pm. He quickly grabbed his jacket and turned to his sister before he spoke to her.

 

"Taeyeon I'm going to Seoul. Do you know where dad kept his car key?"

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Luhan arrived in myeongdong at 10.20pm. It was so crowded, he wasn't sure if he could spot Seohyun there. He parked his dad's car and headed to the crowd. He didn't know what he was doing, the thoughts about Seohyun and her job kept him going. He was walking through the crowd when suddenly he felt someone hugged him from behind making him almost jumped in surprise.

 

"Taeyeon you scared me! What are you doing here?" 

 

"I don't want to be left alone in that house." She pouted.

 

"I told you I will be home before midnight. And how did you get here?"

 

"I asked Jessica to take me here with her car."

 

"Why would she even agree to do that? You two are not even close."

 

"I gave her your phone number in return."

 

"I can't believe this." He rolled his eyes.

 

"Whatever, I'm spying on your girlfriend with you." 

 

"Fine." He let a heavy sigh. 

They walked around the area for more than 30 minutes and they hadn't seen someone who looked like Seohyun.

 

"Luhan I'm tired, lets go home." She said as she sat on a bench.

 

"Nobody asked you to come here." He shook his head in annoyance.

 

"Hey Luhan look! Over there! That's Seohyun." Taeyeon pointed towards the girl who was sitting alone in the crowd. 

They walked to a restaurant and hid themselves while observing her. They kept watching her every move until they saw two old couple approached her. The couple then were seen taking her somewhere and that's when Luhan and Taeyeon followed them. But it was so crowded that they had hard time following the old couple and Seohyun.

 

"Luhan...where are they?" Taeyeon said when she realized she had lost them.

 

"Great. We lost them Taeyeon." He sighed.

 

"Impossible. Lets go searching that way." Taeyeon dragged her brother to the direction where they last saw her. After an hour they gave up and drove back to their home. 

 

Meanwhile,

 

"Here. There." Seohyun said as she gave Yuri her backpack. Yuri looked inside her backpack and looked pleased.

 

"You never dissapointed me Seohyun. I'll bring this to your house now and put it inside the box." Yuri said and gave her a wide smile. Seohyun just nodded and left.

Seohyun sat under the tree and looked at the night skies just like what she always did after she done with her job. She leaned her back against the tree as she remembered about the things that Yuri told her.

'It's against the rules. The immortals.'

She quickly shook her head and looked at the stars. 

'I just want to be normal like everyone else'

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

After school Luhan went straight to Seohyun's house deep inside the forest. He wanted to see her so badly, he missed her a lot.

 

"Seohyun it's me." He said as he opened the door to her house. But he saw someone unfamiliar was sitting on the couch.

 

"Um who are you? Where is Seohyun?" He asked the girl in front of him.

 

"I'm Yuri. You must be Luhan, and I'm just like her I don't get old." She answered him as she stood up from her seat.

 

"She never talked about you."

 

"I can see that you don't know much about your girlfriend Luhan." Luhan just shrugged. 

 

"Well since you're here, I want you to leave her. Just break up with her, you two are not meant to be together."

 

"I'm sorry but you don't have the right to tell us what to do."

 

"Yes I have and I'll show you something that will make you leave her." Yuri went to Seohyun's room and a moment later she came back while dragging a large box. 

 

"Here, open this box and you will know about her job." Luhan just did what she said. He opened the box and was confused with what he found inside the box.

 

"What is the meaning of this?" He found so many wallets, purses, and jewelry.

 

"She robs people. We rob people. Every night she would sit in the crowd and I would bring her some people. She has this pure innocent image that would make everyone go pity on her and her job is to rob them when she take them to a quiet place." Luhan just chuckled.

 

"That's ridiculous. She wouldn't do something like that."

 

"Oh yeah she would. Why do you think she doesn't want to tell you about her job?" 

 

"Even it's true she must have a good explanation for this. And that's not gonna change my feelings for her." Yuri looked surprised at him.

 

"You still want to be with her after you know about her job?"

 

"Yes." He simply said.

 

"Then you will surely don't want to see her again after I tell you what she did to the people she robbed." Luhan just gave her a blank look.

 

"She killed them."

 

"Wh-what? You're lying! She would never kill anyone." 

 

"That's the truth. I've trained her for decades. She could kill five men at once with empty hands."

 

"You're lying."

 

"Luhan you know nothing about her. How long have you known her? I have known her since we were kids. I've trained her to kill people, I've prepared her for a day she would face him."

 

"Him?"

 

"You probably don't know about him. He was the one who made her like this, he has been chasing her for decades that's why she has to hide in this dark forest. Because of him, she can't leave the forest for more than four hours. See? You know nothing about her." Luhan was trembling, he didn't know what to do. He just wanted to get out of that place. 

Suddenly the door opened and Seohyun came inside her house. She noticed Luhan was there and she quickly approached him.

 

"Luhan." She called him with a bright smile just like she always do when she sees him. But to her surprise the guy in front of him gave her a cold stare as he walked passed her. Seohyun had a bad feeling about this, she quickly turned to the girl who was standing before her.

 

"What did you tell him unnie?!" She asked her half yelling.

 

"The truth about your job."

 

"Why did you do that?"

 

"So that he will leave you. I told her about your job but surprisingly he said he still want to be with you so I lied to him by telling him that you killed the people you robbed. Now you can forget about him Seohyun." She said calmly.

 

"Unnie!... How could you? I don't even hurt them.. I hate you! and last night was the last time I did that dirty job of yours!" She bursted into tears as she ran outside her house. She ran through the forest to find him, the guy she would give her everything to. She kept running until finally she saw his back. She ran after him and pulled his hand making him faced her.

 

"Luhan we need to talk." She said as she held his hand tighter. He only gave her a cold stare and continued to walk. Seohyun wrapped her arms around his waist making him stopped walking.

 

"Luhan, please let me explain about everything to you." She said as she hugged him tighter. Luhan removed her arms from his waist and turned to face her. 

 

"I don't know if I could trust you Seo Joohyun. I know nothing about you and I don't think I ever want to see  you again." He said coldly before he turned his back and walked faster through the forest. Seohyun couldn't tell him anything to stop him, she fell to her knees as she looked at his back. She hugged her legs and cried as hard as she could. 

Yuri came from behind her and sat on the ground beside her.

 

"I'm sorry... But I had to do this. It's the best for both of you." She said softly to the younger girl who was crying hardly beside her. 

 

Days passed and since that day Seohyun never left her house, at night she would cry until she fall asleep and in the morning she would just sit on her bed not doing anything. She tried to call him so many times in a day but he would simply rejected her phone calls. Often she thought about climbing to his room while he's sleeping but she just ended up crying silently in her room. 

Seohyun just woke up from her sleep when she heard someone was knocking on her door. She jumped out of her bed hoping it was him who's knocking on her door. She quickly ran towards the door and gasped when she looked at the person in front of her.

 

"Yoona unnie!" She screamed before she hugged her.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Luhan I've been worrying about you. You've been so quiet lately. What's wrong?" Taeyeon asked her brother when they were having lunch in the canteen of their school.

 

"It's nothing really." He forced a smile.

 

"I know when you're lying. Look, I will always be there for you when you need me." Luhan just nodded and gave her a small smile.

It's been awhile but he still couldn't stop thinking about her. Sometimes he wanted to go to meet her and listen to her explanation but he just couldn't bring himself to do that. He wanted to forget about her, he had to.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"I have two children now, a son and a daughter. They are still in the US with their dad. Oh look at you, still look the same since the last time I saw you 18 years ago." Yoona said as she pinched the younger girl's cheeks.

 

"Ow unnie you still love to do that after all these years." She giggled. Talking with her unnie somehow makes her forgot her sadness.

 

"But what happened to you? Your eyes are swollen. Have you been crying?" Seohyun just nodded.

 

"What happened? Who made you like this?" 

 

"Unnie about that um... I have a favor to ask."

 

Two days later,

 

"Seohyun, are you sure you want to do this? You might regret it. He will find you very soon." Yoona asked the younger girl as she held her hands tightly.

 

"Unnie I don't want to hide anymore, sooner or later he will find me." Yoona just shook her head.

 

"I still don't think this is right. You will be seeing the guy you love everyday but that means the guy who's been chasing you will also find you."

 

"Unnie this is the only way I can see him everyday. I can't breath without seeing him. I don't care about anything else."

 

"Okay." Yoona let out a sigh before she spoke again.

 

"Here's the documents that I have prepared for you. Your name is Choi Seohyun, You are 17, I am your foster mother and you just transfered from Seoul." She said as she handed the younger girl the documents. 

 

"Thanks unnie." She said as she hugged her unnie tightly. 

 

"So when will we start?"

 

"We will start by tomorrow."

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Taeyeon hey." Jessica patted her shoulder making the girl who sat in front of her turned to look at her.

 

"Hmm what?"

 

"I heard we will have a new transfer student in our class."

 

"Really? How do you know?"

 

"I have my sources." Jessica said simply. Taeyeon just looked at her with open and nodded. She then nudged her brother who seemed so lost in his thoughts.

 

"Luhan you heard that? We will have a new transfer student in our class." Luhan just shrugged, clearly not interested. 

Soon their teacher entered the classroom with a brown haired girl followed him from behind. Taeyeon looked at the girl and she widened her eyes in surprised. She then nudged her brother who was looking outside the window. 

 

"What?" Luhan turned to her.

 

"The transfer student is Seohyun." She whispered to him.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Wah thanks thanks thanks for commenting and subscribing :)

Originally her past was gonna be revealed in this chapter but I felt its not right so maybe in the next chapter? I felt this chapter its not good. I'm not satisfied with this chapter :(

 

Anyway, please tell me what you think about this chapter :) and thanks again.