Him

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun pushed through to the elevator of a large office building, catching the door right before it closed and cramming himself inside. The office employees glanced up from their smartphones for a moment to look at him in confusion, wondering why a young man they had never seen before would be there. He calmly smoothed out the freshly pressed grey suit he was wearing and the others looked back down at their phones, continuing the constant work they did in their boring black and white lives. He checked his watch, wondering what they were still doing in the office at 10 pm. He tried his best to hold in a scowl, remembering how his father was just like them, constantly working and coming home late at night. Seunghyun thought about the bar he should’ve been at by that time, wondering how much Daesung was trying to rub himself on Bom since he was out “sick”. He felt bad for the kid sometimes. Daesung never actually got the girl.

Seunghyun squeezed his way out of the elevator on the eighth floor, just like he had been instructed. He made his way around cubicles and offices without attracting much attention, even though he was far younger than most employees in the building. He could’ve passed for someone’s son, or perhaps a young intern. He made his way to the stairs, climbing up onto the roof of the building.

“In the corner, on the left,” a faint voice buzzed in his earpiece, and he looked to the corner where he found a large bag of everything he needed. He pulled a pair of black gloves out of his pocket to prevent leaving fingerprints, and zipped open the bag to reveal the black clothing and long sniper gun. He quickly pulled on the clothes, balancing the gun on the ledge as he lied down on his stomach. “Target is coming,” the voice in the earpiece buzzed in, “He’ll be in the glass building across from the one you’re on. Second floor from the top, in the center.”

Seunghyun aimed the gun at the glass building, waiting for the right moment. The middle-aged old man came into, followed by a young woman in a business suit.

“,” Seunghyun cussed under his breath, “Who’s that? He was supposed to be alone.”

“We don’t know, either,” the voice in his ear sounded confused, “Can’t be his wife, and he only has sons. Hold back.” Seunghyun watched as the man sat down, eyeing the young woman. She suddenly ed her top and pulled down her skirt, revealing scandalous lingerie underneath. Seunghyun cringed as the woman sat in the man’s lap, tracing her finger down his chest.

“That son of a ,” Seunghyun muttered, “It’s a hooker.”

“Do not kill the female,” the voice ordered.

“She’s giving him the full on reverse cowgirl,” Seunghyun complained, “I don’t have a clear shot.”

“Take the shot.”

“There is no shot.”

“Take the shot, Mr. Yang.”

Seunghyun pursed his lips, yanking the earpiece out and shoving it into his pocket. He closed one eye and aimed for the man’s forehead, struggling to lock on to him as he threw his head back and laughed. Frustrated, he decided that he had nothing to lose. Seunghyun closed both of his eyes and took the shot. The sound of shattering glass came from the distance, followed by a woman’s shriek. He opened his eyes to find the hooker backing away while pulling her clothes back on, staring with terrified eyes at the old man she was servicing. He was slumped forward, a bullet hole clear through his forehead. His white shirt was stained with blood and looked terrifyingly gruesome, but Seunghyun couldn’t help but smile at what a good shot it was. No one had to know that his eyes were closed.

He quickly left the gun with the bag of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter