Him

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun snored lightly, buried under pillows and blankets and finally finding sleep after days of attempting to survive without it. He had fallen asleep almost instantly when he hit the bed, and he couldn't have been happier underneath that warm comforter. Of course, he could never be happy for two long. Out of nowhere, a pair of high heels clunked over into his room and ripped open the curtains without warning.

Sunlight flooded into the room, making Seunghyun cringe. The muscular, merciless killer almost began bawling like a baby when the comforter was ripped off him as well. He opened his eyes to find his little sister glaring in his face.

"Nightmare, nightmare," he groaned, "Nightmare, nightmare, nightmare. Why is my worst nightmare coming true?"

"Rise and shine," Chaerin rolled her eyes, opening the door to Seunghyun's closet. He watched in terror as she picked out a shirt and pants and threw them in his face. He glanced at the clock, rubbing his eyes.

"It's six a.m.," he whined, "How did you even get in here?"

"You hide the key under the mat. It's like you're asking to be robbed. Now put on the shirt, neither of us want to see you half-."

"Us?" Seunghyun blinked, sitting up.

He spotted a man in the doorway, uncomfortably watching Chaerin as she started organizing the messy room. Seunghyun opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out. He just sat there in bed, pointing to the man like an idiot. He shrugged slightly, straightening out his gray business suit. He was somewhere in his late twenties or early thirties, with slicked back hair and a handsome face. Seunghyun had never seen him before, but judging by his size he could tell that the man was likely in the same career field as him.

"Chaerin," his voice cracked, "There is a man in my room. Why is there a man in my room?"

"That's Soohyuk," she walked up to him, taking hold of his hand. "Your newest partner. Him and I are kind of an item. You don't mind, do you?"

"Not at all," Seunghyun muttered, pulling on the clothes quickly and getting out of bed. "But why is he in my house? While I'm half dressed?"

"Because I'm your wakeup call this morning, and he goes where I go." Soohyuk shifted awkwardly, avoiding eye contact. Seunghyun picked up his phone and pretended to check it, running a hand through his hair in an attempt to straighten it out a little. Chaerin strutted past him, endlessly ranting about how messy his house was. Soohyuk suppressed a laugh as she left into the living room.

"She's a handful," he spoke, "You must be a very patient.”

"You must be deaf if you can handle dating that thing," Seunghyun grinned.

"There was no refusing her," he shrugged, "She wouldn't let me, even if I wanted to."

Seunghyun laughed, making his way to the bathroom to attempt and fix his appearance. "She's like a wolf," Seunghyun raised an eyebrow.

"More like a hyena," Soohyuk said softly, quickly checking over his shoulder to make sure his girlfriend didn't hear him.

"This is the start of a beautiful partnership," Seunghyun stuck out his hand, firmly shaking Soohyuk's.

"My apologies for the rude entrance," Soohyuk cleared his throat, "When Chaerin told me that she was going to introduce us, I thought you already knew. I was not aware that-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter