Him

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun waited outside the bar in his car, taking the last couple of minutes left before his shift to be away from crowds. Though it was part of his job to socialize, he never let anyone past simple small talk. Most of the patrons were too drunk to care, anyway. His sister was talking to him on speakerphone, lecturing on and on about why he shouldn't skip out on the celebration dinner his father was hosting for him in two weeks.

"This is a big deal, Seunghyun! It's not eighth grade graduation," she sighed, her annoyance visible through her voice over the phone, "Dad invited every important person in the organization there is."

"None of which I know," he rolled his eyes, "You know how much I hate big parties like that."

"It's going to be elegant and high end, not a drunk high school party. You have to be there, because people will notice if you're not."

"Elegant and high end? Even worse. It means they'll put me in a tuxedo."

"Seunghyun, stop complaining and it up," she snapped, "If you're not there, it'll be chaotic and-"

"I have two weeks to think about it," he cut her off, "I have to go."

"Seunghyun, don't you dare hang up!" He ignored her, hangin up the phone before she could squeeze in another word. All it would do was depress him, anyway. He heard a tap on this glass of his window, and turned to see a coworker of his bending down next to the window. His name was Daesung, and he reminded Seunghyun of a clown with his goofy smile and annoying personality. He was a younger guy, barely even old enough to work at a bar.

Daesung said something, but his voice was muffled through the glass. Seunghyun responded by turning up the volume of the music in his car, rock music booming over Daesung's already muffled voice. Daesung frowned, but the frown was replaced by a clowny smile as he checked the time on his phone and opened the car door, reaching inside and turning the music down.

"You know, I'm sure there is a law against that," Seunghyun mumbled.

"You'll never guess what,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter