Him

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun impatiently waited with Soohyuk in an empty parking lot, his eyes darting from one corner to the next. Soohyuk calmly stood there with his hands behind his back, watching Seunghyun. He shifted his weight so he could lean in closet to Seunghyun, speaking in a hushed voice.

"Calm down," he whispered, "They will be here. They are taking extra precautions, most likely." Seunghyun frowned, crossing his arms. He hated open spaces. Though he had a pistol holstered on his right side, he still felt vulnerable. The sun was just going down, so there likely wouldn't be any fighting. It was simply a client who wanted to meet face-to-face with them. He showed up ten minutes later, flanked by two burly men with pistols of their own. Seunghyun felt puny next to them, which was really saying something. The man was very young, and a CEO of some major company Seunghyun had never heard of.

He could guess what the guy wanted.

"Evening, boys," he smiled, speaking in a hint of a Busan accent. Soohyuk nodded, and Seunghyun raised a hand in a small wave. "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" the man looked to Seunghyun, "Or are you all brawns and no brains?" Seunghyun opened his mouth to say something rude, but quickly snapped it shut. He knew better to threaten a man with snipers hidden around the lot.

"Sir, we assure you that we are educated in everything your business requires," Soohyuk spoke confidently. "If you don't mind, we would like this meeting to be brief, as we would not like to attract any attention."

"Great then, straight to the point. I like it!" the man grinned wide. "I wanted to meet face to face, but the idiot secretary working for you guys wouldn't let me talk to the right person."

Seunghyun and Soohyuk both clenched their teeth to prevent from rudely getting defensive over Chaerin. Soohyuk cleared his throat, "She's simply doing her job, but please continue."

"There's a man out there, who knows something. I want to know what it is. The files are all on a little USB stick he carries around somewhere," the man explained. "I need that stick, but I need more than just a little mugging. There's something else."

"And what's that?" Seunghyun asked, slightly distracted.

"This man is my father."

Soohyuk's eyes widened slightly, but quickly went back to the calm expression he wore before.

"Let me explain," the young CEO laughed, "He's been gone ever since I can remember. Sleeping with other women, breaking my poor Mama's heart. I want him dead, but before you kill him, I want you to wring something out of him. He's hiding a fortune somewhere in our house, and I need to know where."

"Very well," Soohyuk said.

One of the burly men handed Seunghyun a folder, and he looked inside to find information about his new target inside.

"Get it done as soon as possible," the young man ordered, walking away. Seunghyun waited until he drove off before speaking up.

"Is this guy for real?" he asked, "His father?"

"Orders are orders," Soohyuk sighed. "You carry them out, emotions aside. That's something you have yet to learn.”

.::.

Seunghyun slowly did his work, distracted by what he had been asked to do earlier that day. He jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder, and spun around to find a startled Bom staring back up at him.

"Oh, it's you," he muttered, rubbing his eyes.

"Those are the words every girl wants to hear," she rolled her eyes. "Are you okay? You seem out of it."

"I'm fine, really."

"Okay," she smiled, taking her hand off his shoulder and moving clean glasses back to the cupboards.

"How do you do it?" another voice piped up. Seunghyun looked up to see Daesung frowning at him.

"Do what?"

"Get that," he gestured to Bom. "It's not fair. We can't all look like Lee Minho."

"Lee Min-- what? What on earth are you talking about?" Seunghyun wrinkled his nose.

"Why do girls like you and not me?" Daesung glared at him.

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow, looking Daesung over. It was the first time he realized that Daesung was dressed like him, with his hair combed back like his. Seunghyun frowned, reaching over and ruffling his hair so it went bag to the shaggy mess it usually was.

“Hey!” Daesung stepped back.

“You’re not going to get anywhere trying to be me, kid. You’ve got whole….thing going on,” Seunghyun rolled his eyes. “I’m five years older than you are. If I walked outside looking unkempt, people will think I’m a homeless drug addict. If you go outside looking unkempt, it’s apparently attractive. I have a sister; I know these things.”

Daesung thought for a moment, then beamed. “You’re right; I do have something you don’t. Hey, how old is your sister by the way?”

“Physically, she’s your age,” Seunghyun shrugged. “Mentally, she’s going on fifty.”

“Is she single?” Daesung hesitated, testing his boundaries.

“No,” Seunghyun glared at him. “I wouldn’t try to get in there, either. The guy has ten years on you.”

Daesung stepped back, taking Seunghyun’s hint. He stumbled over to a table of three girls, untucking his shirt and messing up his hair. The girls giggled when he talked to him, and though they were likely making fun of him, Daesung seemed to think he was a lady-killer. Seunghyun was just glad he was finished playing dress up. He was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter