Her

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well then. That was sudden," Daesung said, taking a few tentative steps towards the still-flustered Bom.

"A bit," she muttered.

He leaned against the bar opposite her, his finger poking the dark wood. "So I guess this means that there's no chance-"

"There never was, Dear." Daesung swallowed, nodding and shifting his eyes downwards. Bom was torn between storming out in the same manner as Seunghyun and finishing her shift, which she was barely two hours into. She decided to stay. The heartbroken Daesung didn't seem like he was up for taking a solo shift and it was too late to call in someone else. So she stuck it out until just past midnight, when she proceeded to call an early last call.

The next day was empty after her morning classes. She sat through her advanced psychology class and then didn't really know what to do with herself. She'd already gone grocery shopping for the week. She could do with another book, but she'd already gone through the new stock at the store. She contemplated finding a new used book store, but the text she received from Jiyong changed her mind. After several minutes of heavy debating, she got on her scooter and began the journey to the Gangnam district. At first, she found it hard to believe that this is where she would find him, but then she remembered his car and his dad's house and decided that this was probably pretty mundane for him. She glanced at her phone again and looked up at the huge building she'd stopped at. It was grey and cold against the blue sky, and she almost decided against going inside, but she did anyways, pulling her best as-seen-in-movie spy skill to get past the doorman. She knocked on the door, which was located on the eighth floor halfway down the hall on the right side. No one answered. So she knocked again. She was about to knock a third time, but gave up on it and turned to go. She was waiting for the elevator to come back when he opened the door.

"How the hell did you find me?" Seunghyun demanded. Bom jumped at his voice and turned to look at him. He was in just a t-shirt and jeans, an outfit she'd never seen him in. Somehow, it managed to humanize him a little bit, to more than just an awkward robot. She cleared before she talked to him.

"Jiyong's probably the nosiest gay ever," she said, holding up her cellphone. "Are you going to invite me in?" He looked her up and down, then shrugged and gestured with his head to follow him in. The inside was exactly what she expected; all black and white, metallic and chrome and sharp edges, square and chic. She assumed that someone else had decorated for him. He didn't seem like the type to go pick out his own furniture. A raggedy grey cat was lounging on the black leather couch that looked more like a padded park bench. She touched the bald spot behind its ear and smiled a little bit.

"You want something to drink?" he asked.

"What kind of alcohol do you have?"

"Uhm..." he opened a door that was half-hidden by its similar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter