Her

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Look, alcohol I can actually drink," Bom sighed, sipping her beer. They were way overdressed for the Chinese restaurant, but Bom could care less as she downed the last of her second beer.

"Slow down, Honey," Seunghyun said, smiling slightly. The waiter set down their food in front of them, winking at Bom as he left. Seunghyun raised his eyebrows.

"What?" she asked.

"That guy-- you didn't even notice?"

"Notice what?" she said around a bite of Kkanpunggi.

"Nothing," he shook his head and picked up the chopsticks.

They were silent for a few minutes, until Bom spoke again. "You know what I want to know?"

"Hmm?" he asked, thinking it was going to be something, you know, useful, maybe? "How do you spell out a gasp."

Seunghyun cocked his head to the side. "What?"

"Like, you know-" she gasped "-how do you spell that out?"

"What do you mean?"

"Okay, so say you're on Facebook-"

"Face what?"

"Well, then, my good sir, you have zero life. Let me rephrase this. Say you're... I dunno, writing a story. And you want to make someone gasp, but you don't want to-- okay I'm confusing myself. Email. You're emailing someone. In the first person point-of-view, right?"

"Okay..."

"And 'Oh my Heavens, I just gasped,' is a bit long for your taste."

"Okay..."

"So then how would you spell out a gasp?"

Seunghyun pouted his bottom lip and shrugged. "I guess there would be a lot of 'h's in there."

Bom shook her head, her chopsticks held up with a piece of chicken clutched in the end. "No, see that's what I thought. But gasping is inhaling. And 'h's imply exhaling. See?" She exhaled, pointing to with her chicken-filled chopsticks.

"We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter