Him

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun watched out of the corner of his eye as Bom fumbled with the orders of angry customers, cringing every time she spilled a little. He looked away just as he she glanced at him, pretending to be completely interested in what the flirty girl in front of him had to say. She kept going on and on about medical school, and how wonderful she was at everything. It was almost closing time, and he just wanted everyone to leave. He looked over to Bom again, who looked confused about different kinds of beer she was looking at. Annoyed, he cut off the girl mid-sentence, slightly stunning her. He slipped behind Bom and reached over her shoulder, filling the glass himself and putting it in her hand.

"Look alive," he muttered.

"I'm tired," she glared at him, "Sorry that I can't be as fan-ing-tastic as you are." The rude comment made him smile a bit, not knowing that the girl had it in her. She set the glass down in front of the customer, picking up a rag and cleaning up the spill she had made on the counter. Seunghyun looked at the clock, starting to hint for people to leave. He wanted nothing more at that point that to go home and sleep, which was something that he hadn't done in days due to extra training during the day. Soon, the bar was empty except for the girl and himself. She sat down in a huff, putting her head in her hands. Seunghyun leaned against the bar, taking a look at his phone.

One New Message

The number was blocked but he grimaced anyway, knowing exactly who it was.

Call in sick tomorrow night. You have a job. You know who to call.

He deleted the message and shoved the phone back in his pocket, biting his lip. He knew that if he messed this up, it would ruin his life. In fact, he would become a target.

"You okay?”

Seunghyun looked down at the girl, who had a concerned expression.

"I'm fine," he shrugged, "Long night." She nodded, frowning and waving away large black fly that was buzzing around her face. The fly started buzzing around his face too, but he just wasn't feeling patient. With one swift arm motion, he yanked a knife out of the drawer and slammed it on the counter, skewering the fly into the wood. Bom jumped, her eyes widening at what she witnessed.

"H-how? What? How did you do that?" she pointed to the dead fly and Seunghyun casually pulled out the knife and scraped the corpse onto the floor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter