Love and Death

Cupid's Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been almost a month since Aerri became a Cupid. So far, things worked out pretty well for her. She had matched a few couples, and she had already used to life at the dorm, although it can't actually be called 'life' considering the fact that she was already dead.

 

During the last few weeks, Aerri had grown pretty close with Sara. It was so easy to befriend Sara, especially since Sara just kept dragging Aerri to places. But Aerri doesn't mind at all. Even though they don't have that much in common with each other in terms of personality, they get along so easily.

 

Aerri and Sara had been spending time on earth for several times. Whenever they went there, they'd have to take a human form which looked different from their real appearance, at least in the eyes of the living. When they looked at each other, they'd still look the same. But the living would see them as a different person. Of course they can't walk around on earth looking like their real self. There'd be a lot of explaining to do if someone who used to know them when they were alive suddenly saw their supposedly dead relative walking around freely in Seoul.

 

That day, Aerri was heading to Sara's room. They were going to go shopping together. Well, it wasn't really shopping, considering they're not spending any money. They would just take on their human form, go to some shops on earth, and try on some clothes. If they like the clothes, they'd just go back to the dorm and 'imagine' the clothes in their closet. And just like that, the clothes would appear in their closet. It was one of Aerri's favorite benefits of living in the dorm.

 

When she reached Sara's room, she opened the door without knocking, as Sara told her too. Sara said she might be showering when Aerri got there, so she should just get inside unless she wanted to wait outside for half an hour. So Aerri did just that. She entered Sara's room freely. The door wasn't locked either.

 

"Hey Saraa... I hope you're finished cause..."

 

Her sentence was cut short, cause when she saw what Sara was doing with Bae on her bed, Aerri jumped and turn around and went out the door again as fast as she could.

 

"See you later, Sara." Aerri shouted from outside Sara's door as she left the room quickly. She half sprint her way to the cafetaria with an insane blush on her cheeks.

 

As soon as she got to the cafetaria, she grabbed a glass of ice coffee and the first cake that she laid eyes on. After scanning the room for an empty table, she quickly approached a table near the corner of the room where Daesung and Seunghyun was sitting at.

 

The first thing she did after she sat down was gulping down her ice coffee and took a big bite of her cake.

 

"Whoa.. thirsty, Aerri?" Dae chuckled.

 

"Does this cafe have something stronger? You know.. like Scotch? or Vodka? Or I don't know.. Sulfuric acid could work too.." Aerri said with a mouth full of cake.

 

"No alcohol here. Why? what's wrong?" Dae asked. He and Seunghyun watched her in amusement as she gobbled up her plate of cake.

 

After finishing her cake in mere seconds, Aerri took a deep breath and said, "I just saw Sara and Bae did the nasty on her bed."

 

Seunghyun burst into laughter while Dae choked on the water he was drinking the second Aerri said her sentence. Then Aerri watched the two boys laugh at her misfortune wholeheartedly.

 

"Stop laughing! It's not funny! Oh God I wish I could unsee it! Is there a way I could unsee it?" she exclaimed as the boys kept on laughing seconds later. Then she pointed at Seunghyun and said, "You! You can erase memories. Erase my memories now! Please.." She grabbed Seunghyun's hand and put it on her forehead. "Come on.. do your magic.. Make me unsee it!"

 

"Sorry, Aerri. Can't do that. You just have to deal with it." Seunghyun laughed, hand rubbing Aerri's forehead gently.

 

"Oh God this is so awkward.." Aerri whined, while the other 2 guys were still trying to stiffle their laughter.

 

"Didn't you knock?" Dae asked, still chuckling.

 

"Sara told me to just get inside when I got to her room. So I did just that. How am I supposed to know that Bae was already there and was already inside? And by 'inside', I don't mean inside Sara's room." Aerri added, making the boys' laughter erupted again.

 

After their laughter subsided, Seunghyun said, "Well, I guess now we know that we should always knock before entering Bae and Sara's room."

 

"I didn't know that they were together." Aerri said.

 

"They just got together a few days ago. We're glad that they're finally together, actually. They had been really obvious for months now." Dae said.

 

"Oh great. That could mean that I just ruined their first time together." Aerri whined again in frustration, triggering more laughter from the others.

 

"I thought the dorm would have a strict rule. Like, no dating no relationship rule. I mean, you can say that this place is supervised, even though indirectly, by God. Even companies usually restrict their employees from dating each other. But I guess dating is allowed here, huh? Even between a Cupid and a Reaper?" Aerri asked.

 

"Yes, dating and premarital relationships are allowed, though not encouraged. Just as long as it doesn't interfere with their work. And it might be better if their supervisor doesn't know about it either." Dae said.

 

"Someone once said that it would be considered as a minus point when the boss is determining whether or not they would be reborn. But I've seen a lot of Cupids and Reapers who still got reborn even though they're dating at the dorm." Seunghyun added.

 

"Why would they wanna do that, anyway?" Aerri whispered while staring at her empty plate.

 

"Do what?" Dae asked.

 

"Dating during their time here. I mean, they know for sure that sooner or later their relationship would end because one of them is going to be reborn. Sooner or later, one of them is going to leave and the other is going to be left behind. The one who get to be reborn first probably will forget the other after they got reborn. But what about the one who got left behind? He or she would just have to it up and continue doing their job as if nothing had happened."

 

"You know, you are so negative for a Cupid that is doing a pretty good job so far." Dae chuckled. And he added, "Yes, if you see it that way, logically it would be better if you don't date during your time here. Like I said, it's not encouraged to date here. But then again, usually all logic went out the window when you liked someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter