Fickle

Cupid's Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:
Hi there.. So sorry for the late update. Crazy workload as usual didn't leave my with any time to write. But I pushed and finished an extra long chapter today. And I decided to split the chapter into 2 chapters. So it's going to be a double update today. :) Hope you enjoy it..

------------------------------------

 

Seunghyun was doing it again. He searched the cafetaria for Aerri, eager to see her smile and to feel that warm feeling of being home engulf his whole being. It was something that he hadn't felt for a while. He didn't think he ever feel like home ever since he had to go through his 'life' as a Reaper. But now he felt it, even though he only felt it whenever he was with her.


But once again, his spirit deflated when he couldn't find her. He started to feel like a junkie that missed his drugs a little bit too much.


Almost a week had passed since that day at his apartment. He hadn't seen her since that day. Well, of course he met her a few times during meal time, but the others were also with them. Being with her and the others is not enough. He wanted to be alone with her again, talking about nothing like they always do.


A few days before, he even slipped a note under her door, asking her to jump with him again. But she didn't show up. When he asked her about it when he met her the next day, she told him that she got home late at night and she was too tired to jump. She apologized a number of times, asking him if he waited too long for her. He told her that he was fine, though the truth was he felt really disappointed. But when he asked her to let him know whenever she had some free time so that they could jump together again, she awkwardly refused. She said she was busy and she wasn't sure when she would have some free time. He was going to ask her if she was avoiding him and if she was mad at him because he took away that rapper's phone number, but Sara and the other arrived before he could ask her.


He knew he was being fickle. He wanted to be with her, but whenever he was with her, he felt like he should keep a distance with her. He knew that she was important for him when they were alive, but he chose not to try to find out more about his relation with her because he didn't want to be burdened with that knowledge. He also chose not to tell her that her familiarity with him was right, because he wasn't sure how she was going to react to that info. After all, he lied to her when he said that he didn't feel familiar with her.


He wanted to be with her, but he felt like he shouldn't. He couldn't seem to stand by his decision to not let his past life ruin his work.


He groaned as he turned around and left the cafetaria. He wouldn't be needed for work until an hour later. But he decided to left early. He needed some fresh air anyway.


So he left the dorm, walked quickly through the lush field, and appeared in the airport. He was going to pick up a guy on the airport clinic soon enough. The busy businessman would be chasing his next flight when he suddenly got a heart attack. But it wouldn't happen until moments later. So Seunghyun decided to stroll around to find a place noisy enough to shut down all the living's thoughts. The crazy sounds of a plane taking off should be enough, right?


But then he suddenly stopped his steps and turned his gaze towards his left. He didn't know why he did it, but he just did. And when the crowds of people started to parted a few seconds later, he saw her. Aerri was sitting on one of the benches, a soul amongst the living, as she watched a couple that sat not far from her. Her face was almost without expression, except for the slight scrunch on her forehead.


And then he smiled. His smile just bloomed automatically as he felt a sense of relief when he saw her. The smile was something he did unconsciously, cause the smile faltered a little when his logic started to interfere the moment. The movement of his feet that were eager to took the steps he needed to take him closer to her were disturbed by the whisper in his mind that told him to leave her alone.


So he stood still as his mind went on another battle to decide if he should approach her or not. The constant battle was starting to get ridiculous, as he wished that he could just made up his mind about Aerri. But the decision was made for him when she suddenly turned her gaze towards him.


The distance between them were not small. He was standing at least 20 feet away from where she was sitting. Not to mention the constant flow of people that often blocked their view from each other. But somehow, she just turned her head and looked at him, as if she already knew that he was standing there. Not unlike what just happened to him when he suddenly saw her a few minutes before, actually.


The surprised look on her face slowly turned into a small smile. Well, he couldn't just walk away now that she had seen him, could he? He scoffed to himself silently, knowing too well that he'd still approach her even if she hadn't notice him.


He smiled back at her as he approach her and took a seat beside her.


"Working?" he asked her. He wondered why he could feel so much better after he was with her.


"Paper work, actually." she answered.


"Huh?"


"I have to make a report about all the couples that I had matched so far, just to see if the arrow I shot to them worked."


"Oh yeah.. I've heard Dae complained about it before. One of the reasons why I'm glad I'm a Reaper." he chuckled.


"No paper work for Reapers, huh?"


"Nope. There's nothing to report about dead people."


"Hmm.. I still prefer being a Cupid though." Aerri mumbled.


Seunghyun watched Aerri who was still staring at the couple not far from them. "What's wrong?" he asked her.


"I shot an arrow to them last week. But they're not together yet."


"Well, you can't match everyone, Aerri."


"But they liked each other. They have everything on their side for them to be together. The chemistry was there and there was nothing or no one that would stop them from being together. No third person, no crazy mother that banned them from dating like on those dramas, basically nothing that would prevent them from being together. And they're so close to each other. At first I also thought that they already had the courage they need to be together. But I wasn't sure about it. So I shot the courage arrow to them, thinking that they just need a boost of courage. But they're still not together until now."


"Well, probably they still need some time?"


"Courage arrow usually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter