Obsession

Cupid's Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Just to remind you, ok. When Cupids and Reapers are in their human form, they look different from their normal appearance. Hope you enjoy the story! :)

----------------------

Aerri walked through the lush field, a bit in a hurry to get back to the dorm. It had been almost 10 days since Dae assigned her to work on Jiyong a.k.a G-Dragon. At first she was a bit hesitant to take the assignment. She actually considered of asking Dae for another assignment. But she took it nevertheless, like a stubborn child who was trying to proof that she could control her curiosity. The problem was, it was not easy to control her curiosity. And eventually she started to fail.
 

She hated how the universe seemed to tease and mock her. After weeks of trying to restrain herself from getting to know more about that rapper and after deciding to ignore her curiosity, somehow she got all the information she needed to find him, all nicely wrapped in a blue folder. Everything was there. His name, current address, birth date, name of parent, number of sibling, etc. There was even information of how many tattoos he had, for God sakes.


But of course, the folder didn't tell Aerri the one thing she wanted to know: Did she know that rapper personally when she was alive? Basically, Aerri got everything she needed to know about that rapper, but she still had to stop herself from trying to find out if she had any connection with him. She must not take advantage of what she knew about him to find out more about herself.


Talk about temptation of the century.


After days of observing Jiyong since she got the assignment, Aerri still couldn't find anything that could connect him with her. There were no pictures of her in the big posh apartment where Jiyong lived. He and the people around him also never mentioned her name at all. Not even just as a mere thought that flashed through their minds. So, there was a chance that she had no relation with him at all. Aerri was not sure if she should be happy or disappointed about this, since her familiarity for Jiyong kept growing. She'd know about the things that he liked, the type of clothes he would wear, the way his mood would change, and more personal matters that even the blue folder didn't tell her about. And the more she observed Jiyong, the more curious she seemed to be with him. She still felt like she really did know him, and she was dying to get some proof that her familiarity was right.


Her curiosity got a little overwhelming, to the point that she spent almost all her time to observe Jiyong. Cupids were supposed to observe their targets to find new information that would help them match their target. But Aerri was observing Jiyong to desperately trying to find a connection with him. She now understood why Seunghyun told her to always stay away from her familiarities. Her mind was filled and haunted by her curiosity, but she still couldn't stop.


For the last couple of days, the dorm functioned only as a place where she eat and sleep. She woke up in the morning, went to work, went back to the dorm to eat, get back to work again, and went back to the dorm when she was already too tired. The same cycle happened again and again. Sometimes she even turned to her human form and got something to eat on earth just to avoid wasting time from getting back to the dorm. She used Seunghyun's trick to get some money by selling some of her clothes. She imagined some clothes in her closet, wore it to earth, and sell them on a thrift shop. Of course, she had to bring extra clothes to wear and went through the process of trying to find a place to change, turn into her human form, put off her clothes that turned visible and wearable for the living, turned back to her usual Cupid self, put on some clothes again, then turned back to her human form so that she could sell her clothes. It was quite a hassle and such an inconvenient process, but at least she got some money for when she needed it. She always wondered how Seunghyun knew about this trick, though.


She was starting to get used to following Jiyong. His life was basically about work, especially since he was still promoting his latest album. So his days and nights were filled with dance practice, recording for music shows and variety shows, and magazine photoshoots. Not to mention the hours he used for working on more music, which still made Aerri scratch her head in confusion. Why would he make new music if he was still promoting his recent ones?


Of course, the hard worker was also a hard partier. Jiyong spent a lot of his night partying and drinking with his friends. That was why Aerri was in a hurry to get back to the dorm to eat and change her clothes. Jiyong was going to go out to drink again, and she was planning to follow him.


As soon as she got to the dorm, she took a shower and got a change of clothes. Then she quickly went to the cafetaria to get something to eat. After grabbing some food from the stalls, she searched the room for an empty table. She saw Sara waving at her from a table on the other side of the room, so she quickly made her way to her table to join her.


"Hi, guys." Aerri said as she took a seat on the table. Dae, Seunghyun, and Bae were also there with Sara.


"Hi, stranger. Why are you always M.I.A these last couple of days?" Sara asked.


"Sorry, Sara. I was busy." Aerri said as she took a bite of her sandwich in a hurry.


"Still working on your latest target? Are they that hard to match?" Dae asked.


"Umm.. sort of. I can't decide what arrow I should use for them." Aerri lied. She was too busy trying to find her connection with Jiyong that she just couldn't be bothered with her work.


"Well, just let me know if I can help or if you have some questions, ok?" Dae said again.


Aerri smiled at him, slightly feeling guilty for slacking in her work. Then she decided to ask him about an idea she had a few days before.


"Actually Dae, I do have something to ask you. I know that we're advised to only use our human form only if we have to. But can we use our human form to interact with the living? For work purposes, of course." Aerri asked.


"Why do you ask that?" Dae looked at her curiosly.


"Just wondering." Aerri tried to make her tone to sound nonchalant to hide her guilt of lying to Dae.


"Yes, you can interact with the living, as long as you keep it as minimal as possible, so that you won't do something that would change someone's fate. It's fine if you're doing it for work purposes."


"How could I know what would change someone's fate and what wouldn't?" she asked again.


"You couldn't. That's why you're advised not to interact with the living unless you have to."


Aerri nodded. She kinda expected Dae's answer. She never really intended to use her human form to interact with Jiyong or anything. But she might just do that, if she was that desperate to get any information. At least now she knew she had the option, even though it might lead to punishment.


Aerri finished her sandwich in a minute before getting up from the table and bid goodbye to her friends.


"You're leaving again?" Sara asked in surprise.


"Yes. i'm in a hurry. Bye!"


Aerri left before her friends would ask more questions. She hated for having to lie to them, but she didn't think she had any other choice. She took a glance at Seunghyun before she made her way towards the exit. He was looking at her with a weird expression on his face. Just that one glance made Aerri realize that she missed him. The thought of him had been tucked in the corner of her mind since she was busy trying to find any info about herself from Jiyong's life. But when she saw him, that longing feeling came rushing back. She couldn't believe how not spending time with him for only less than 10 days would make her miss him like that. But if there was one thing positive about her spending all her time to observe Jiyong, it would be that she was finally able to get Seunghyun out of her mind, even if only for a moment.


Aerri laughed at her distorted logic. Drowning herself in her obsession of finding out something about her life was not what she was trying to get in return of killing her feelings for Seunghyun. She was running away from one familiarity to another one that could be even more dangerous.


But she shrugged her thoughts off, figuring that it would be better if she tackle one thing at a time, starting from the one that was right in front of her that moment: Jiyong.


So Aerri continued her steps in the lush field until her surroundings turned into the busy Seoul nightlife. She had arrived near Jiyong's favorite club. From where she was standing, she already could see the long line of queue in front of the club. But being an invisible soul did have its perks sometimes, cause she could easily enter the club unseen.


After entering the club, she went straight to the VIP area where she knew Jiyong would be. And she was right. He was already there, surrounded by his cliques and tables full of liquor, and probably something else. He was sitting on a sofa with a girl, getting a little bit too cozy with each other in the public place. Aerri just rolled her eyes, no longer surprised with Jiyong's behavior when it comes to girls.


But Aerri couldn't help but to laugh out loud when another girl suddenly appeared and pried Jiyong away from the girl. With one glare from the new girl, the other girl silently left the couch, giving her space to the new girl without protest.


"Oh, wow. Mira's rank in the bimbo hierarchy must be really high for her to easily step on the other one like that." Aerri chuckled to herself. Mira was the new girl that had just arrived, and she was also the girl that Aerri was tasked to match with Jiyong.


Aerri don't get why she should match Mira with Jiyong, since they were basically already in a relationship, albeit only a ual one. They did more than flirting in public places, and a whole lot more in the confines of Jiyong's apartment or Mira's apartment. And she was always his choice whenever he needed someone to . Just a phone call, then she'd happily meet him wherever he wanted her to, and do whatever he wanted her to. That was all they did whenever they were together. All ing and no talking. Not exactly a deep relationship, but they didn't seem to want anything deeper.


Well, at least Aerri knew Jiyong didn't want anything deeper. But Mira... Mira wanted something else, although what she wanted wasn't a relationship. She wanted fame and fortune, even more than she already had. During the first few days since Aerri received this task from Dae, she once observed Mira on her daily routines. What Aerri found was all that she despised in a person. The model may look gorgeous and well dressed, but she was also a fake two-faced sly girl. In front of certain people, she would act like the sweetest cutest girl. But in front of people that she saw as 'unimportant', she'd be a bully who treated others with no respect. She didn't care about anything but herself. In a glance, she looked and behave like an airhead. But the truth was she was pretty smart, although she only used her head to find ways to manipulate others to benefit herself.


Before meeting Jiyong, Mira was in a relationship with an idol. But as soon as she got introduced to Jiyong, she dropped the idol in a second. When Aerri was observing Mira, she overheard Mira's conversation with her friend. When Mira's friend reminded her that Jiyong was most probably wouldn't want to make their relationship official, Mira just laughed and said that all she needed was being rumored with the hot rapper. Rumors were enough to boost her name and get more people to know her. And that was what she wanted from Jiyong.


In short, Aerri didn't like Mira. Not even one bit.


Aerri was sure that Jiyong was not stupid enough or blind enough to not see the real Mira. So he probably just couldn't care less. Or the was probably just that great. Who knows? The point was, Aerri didn't understand the reason of matching two people that was not interested of being together other than to benefit themselves. But then again, it was probably one of the cases when there was a big picture behind it all. Whatever.. Aerri still don't get it.


Mira whispered something on Jiyong's ears, then got up from the couch, giggling girlishly and walking towards the restroom. Jiyong followed her a second later with a smirk plastered on his lips. Aerri didn't need to follow the youngsters to know what they were up to. So she just stood in a corner, waiting for them to finish their business.


But after a few minutes, Aerri got bored and the bar was starting to appeal to her. She wondered if Cupids could get drunk too. So she decided to get some drink. At first she wanted to go to the restroom to change into her human form. But then she remembered that Jiyong and Mira were probably busy ing in the restroom, and she wasn't keen on getting a glimpse of them. So she found a dark corner, and turned into her human form after making sure that no one noticed her. After she was in her human form, she went to the bar and took a seat.


While waiting for the bartender to take her order, Aerri could feel someone sitting on the stool beside her. She was going to ignore the person, having no intention to have a chit chat with someone else. But then she heard the person said, "Still working at this time of night. Such a dedicated Cupid."


She turned her stare to the person next to her. She was sure she never met him before. But from his sentence earlier, Aerri realized that the person must be in his human form that she had never seen before. So she focused her sight to see his true appearance behind his human form. When she saw his eyes, she recognized him immediately.


"Hi, Ri. You're working?"


"Hm.." he hummed.


"Where's the Cupid and/or Reaper who's going to fall into your trap if they're not careful enough?"


"I'm looking at her now." he answered with a smile. When Aerri looked at him in a cautious look, he burst out laughing. "I'm just kidding, Aerri. I was just around when I saw you enter the club. So I followed you here."


"How do I know that you're not lying and not planning something against me?"


"You don't know. But I'm not lying when I said I'm not planning any trickeries or anything. I just wanted to talk to you. I haven't met you in a while."


"I don't have anything I could hold on to when it comes to you, Ri. I could only hold on to your words, and I'm not even sure that your words are strong enough to hold on to."


"And I don't have anything to convince you that I'm not going to hurt you, Aerri. I don't have any plan or trickeries or anything."


"You're not planning anything against me and the people I know?"


"I found the fact that you have to repeat and specified my statement rather offending." he chuckled. "Yes, I don't have anything and I'm not planning
anything against you AND anyone you know." he added.


"Then why are you here?" she asked him.


"I told you. I saw you entered the club, and I followed you just because we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter