Replay

Privileged

"We're here," Onew says, shaking my gently. I open my eyes and yawn, stretching and twisting around to regain use of my muscles.

"This is your house?" Yoogeun shouts. I blink sleepily and look to my right. My jaw drops.

A pair of iron gates is all that seperates me from the largest house I've ever seen. It's a mansion beyond proportions, with at least five floors and a courtyard larger than my whole apartment complex. I can see the hints of at least five wings behind the main building, hidden by two matching fountains made of granite angels. A courtyard lays itself out before us as I watch the gate open. My eyes widen as Onew passes a concord of trees that are just starting to blossom with the autumn embarce. I can see the heads of flowers and bushes and neatly trimmed hedges. I see the cobblestone roads that shine like they've been polished recently. It makes my head spin to think about all of the effort it took to maintain this ridiculous place.

"How many maids do you have?" I ask, shocked.

""Never bothered to count," Minho scoffs, leaning back in his seat. I turn and glare at him, anger flaring up and making my face beet-red.

"How can you say that about the people that take care of you!?" I shout. Yoogeun cringes and I force myself to calm down.

"A-appa," he whimpers, and I press my fingers to my forehead, trying to relieve the pressure building in my skull.

"I'm sorry," I whisper as the car stops. Minho climbs out and get Yoogeun while I stay inside for a while. Onew stays with me, more silent that the two gargoyle statues by the front door.

"56," he says in a soft voice. I look at him, my eyes exhausted from the sights I'd just taken in.

"What?" I ask, my voice worn out and tired as it slips past my lips.

"We have 56 servants in total. 3 cooks, 20 cleaning maids, 20 gardeners, 6 people to watch the company when Minho's out of town, and 4 librarians, and 3 butlers. 56 in total," he says calmly. He turns to me and smiles, raising a hand to fix a peice of hair that I didn't notice was stuck to my cheek.

"Thank you," I sigh, too weary to say anything else. I step out of the car and see someone appear at my side, closing the door behind me.

"Ready to go in?" Onew asks. I nod and make a smile form on my lips. He walks me to the door, and I ignore the set of eyes that I can feel boring into my neck, focusing on Onew's comforting precense. I smile as he hands me over to Minho, the source of the glare.

"You're leaving?" I ask, dreading the thought of having to spend time with that damn froggy alien bastard spoiled Minho.

"I have to show Yoogeun his room," Onew says, taking my son by the hand. I scowl but I trust Onew...

Unlike some bastard standing right next to me. I look up and glare at Minho, who looks away and sighs.

"Come on," he snarls. "I'll show you around." He grabs me roughly by the arm and drags me into the main building. I look up and see the polished wooden beams that support the roof, murals splashed colorfully around the chandeliers. I look down into the living room and see the lace curtains and leather couches surrounded by ebony side tables and china vases.. The flatscreen TV in the middle just adds to my boiling anger.

"Of course, you'd have all this useless crap," I snarl. He looks at me strangely.

"What?" he asks. I point to the vases and endtables and couches.

"Do you really need all those?" I ask, exasperated already. He rolls his eyes.

"It's called decoration, ," he snarls. He begins walking away, and I hurry to catch him as he's going through a pair of double doors, the steam bursting through my ears.

"And why do you waste all that money?" I ask furiously. He sighs and facepalms.

"Forget it."

 

"... and this is the drawing room, which you're not allowed into," he says, bored as he passes yet another lavish room. I scowl at that ending that he's used for every room.

"Am I allowed into anything?" I ask, exhausted after walking through nine wings. Minho stops at a dead-end and turns around looking at the ceiling.

"Um... Your room, Yoogeun's room, the garden..." He locks eyes with me. "That's pretty much it," he says smirking. He bends close to me. "I'm only letting you in here for Yoogeun."

"I figured," I snarl back, turning to stare daggers as he stretches up. He scowls. Probably irked because he can't get to me. er.

"Just remember that," he growls. He starts walking away, brushing past me as if I'm invisible. That sets me off to my boiling point.

"We're not done, Minho!" I shout, stuffing my fists into my pocket to stop from hitting him. I turn and see him looking at me with an almost-confused look.

"What the else do you want?" he asks.

"You to come off your ing ego and get your ing head straight!" I shout. I storm up to him and jut my chin out, trying to stare him down. "You think you're so ing great because you're so rich? You think you'r a better dad just because you have some loose change in your pockets?" I scream.

"I can give Yoogeun everything," he hisses cockily. I roll my eyes.

"Everything but what he needs! He needs a real father who loves him, like me! You don't give a about him! You're just like every rich bastard who struts his around town! Yoogeun's just a little accesory to a castard like you-" I feel myself slammed to the wall, and my throat becomes empty as my eyes close in fear. I open them slowly and see Minho's furious expression clashing with mine, his hot breath hitting my face and his hands pinning my shoulders. His eyes are impossibly furious and his lips are curling up in an untamed snarl.

"Don't you ever say that I don't love my own son," he whispers harshly, pushing me with each word for a reaction that explodes from me. I shove him back.

"You didn't even know he was your son until you met me! Four years after you ed some and let her have him!" I scream. He turns back and flies a fist towards me. I shriek and cringe, but his fist never meets me. Instead, he hits the wall hard and I jump at the sound. His eyes are so wild... I bite back a gasp at how...

How wonderful Minho looks at the moment. I feel my stomach flip as I feel that thought replays over in my head. This Minho that bares himself in front of me... This Minho that's so unrestrained... So much more wonderful than anyone I'd ever known in that instant that I've seen him.

"I hate you, Taemin, but you're here because I love Yoogeun and I want him to be happy," he whispers, "so keep that in mind." With that, he turns away and I watch as he walks down the hall. I whimper as he leaves, and when he turns back to glare at me over his shoulder, I cringe as I fail to see the wonderful Minho that was just in front of me.

It was a trick of the light, I think desperately. I was just mistaken. There's no way... I shake my head and look for my room. There's no way.

 

A/N - I know it's short and kinda bad, but I thought it would be a good place to cut off the chapter...

Okay, the real reason? Homework and life in general has kept me from my updating T^T I hate school! HATE IT! I'll try to update again tomorrow >.< FIGHTING!

Btw, are you not IN LOVE with my poster? IT'S PRETTY AWESOME HUH!? A big thank you to RainbowYoshii for my wonderful poster~ IT'S SO AMAZING! I LOVE THEM SOOOOO MUCH!

More to come, comments are LOVE!