Tides

Privileged

I lean back in my chair as Taemin leaves, feeling the high of my seriousness vanish. I let out a long, deep breath. that was scarier than ever business deal I'd ever made combined.

"Tough being in love, huh?" Onew asks. My eyes fly open and I spin around in my seat.

"What?" I ask, shocked. He raises an eyebrow and rolls his eyes in an oh-come-on-stop-denying-this look.

"Oh come on, stop denying this!" he says, half exasperated and half amused. "You get all soft when you're around him!"

"I'm not soft!" I protest. I lean back in my chair and fix him with a hard leer.

"You practically offered to spoil the guy," Onew says, taking a seat and lounging in the chair. I rolled my eyes.

"I just want to make him happy so he'll stop ing," I mutter, spinning around in my chair.

"You mean so that he'll laugh," Onew says. "That's one of the first signs of love-"

"I don't care about his stupid laugh," I snarl, lying blatantly through my teeth. Onew scoffs.

"You're obsessed with it. You're this close to erecting a little shrine on your bedroom's fireplace mantle," Onew says. I raise an eyebrow.

"Like you did with chicken?" I ask. Unfazed, Onew nods almost proudly. I roll my eyes. "I'm not on your level of crazy yet, Onew," I joke. He smiles.

"Love can make you crazy," he says simply. I find a piece of scrap paper and crumple it up, tossing it at his head. He dodges and smiles goofily.

"Too bad I'm not in love," I say, pushing myself up from the desk. Onew rolls his eyes as I leave. I make my way down to the dining room, not daring to step in when I hear that familiar giggle. I peer around the entrance and lean on the door, watching Taemin make an airplane into Yoogeun's mouth. I can't hold back a laugh as Yoogeun chews happily, and that bliss on Taemin's face...

"Where's Minho?" Yoogeun asks as he swallows. My eyes widen at the question, and I see Taemin's eyes flicker arounf for an answer. His gaze meets mine and I turn away. The intesity I saw in his eyes... I couldn't face it. I walk down the hall rapidly.

"I don't know," Taemin says behind me. I let out a long breath and gaze at the ceiling as I make my way down the hallways. I feel someone collide with me and look down to see Jonghyun.

"What are you doing out of your cave?" I joke. The short chef punches my arms lightly.

"I'm looking for Key," he says lightheartedly.

"Why?" I ask suggestively, grasping desperately to this temporary distraction. He smiles in an equally suggestive manner.

"Let's just say that he's pretty dirty for a maid," Jonghyun says with a raised eyebrow. I scoff and roll my head back to hit the wall, laughter rolling from my lips.

"I see," I say, the images of the shorter Jonghyun on top of the lanky, tall Key rolling through my head. The very thought is too hilarious.

"I hear that we've got a new little houseguest," Jonghyun says with a slight smirk. I clear my throat and look down.

"Yeah, my son and this guy that followed him," I say. I can't even say his name now! What the is wrong with me?

"I heard what you did to this guy," Jonghyun says sternly. I look up to see him crossing his arms. "Having Key as a boyfriend is a good way to get information, although this little piece is quite disturbing."

"Wha-"

"I never knew you were a , Minho." Jonghyun's displeasure is spelled out clearly in his voice. I clear my throat awkwardly.

"I was drunk," I mutter.

"That's no excuse," Jonghyun snaps. I hate it when he gets serious. Then he becomes worse than Onew.

"Well, it's done now," I grumble, avoiding his glare.

"He's a sweet kid," Jonghyun continues, intentionally guilting me. I wriggle uncomfortable against the wall. "You know, you should try saying sorry."

"I did," I mutter, feeling like a kid being chastised by his mother.

"Do it better," Jonghyun says before turning away. "Bye! Got a boyfriend to !" I roll my eyes. What would he know about this ?

 

"Good morning," Minho mutters as he enters, acting like he hadn't just been standing in the doorway. I watch as Yoogeun runs to him, half a mouthful of oancakes still unswallowed.

"Mmmmmhhhh!" he screams, his arms wide open. Minho sweeps him into the air, laughing.

"Hey there Yoogeun," he greets joyfully. He looks at me and his smile fades, if only slightly. "Good morning, Taemin."

"Good morning," I return stiffly. He sits to join us, putting Yoogeun back on the floor. My eyes trail him as my son returns to my side.

"Did you enjoy breakfast?" Minho asks as he starts to eat. I nod stiffly, and he laughs softly. "Why do you keep acting like you're eating with a serial killer?"

"I'm not," I snarl. "I'm just-"

"I won't be coming home tonight," he says abruptly, looking up. His jaw is still in the act of chewing as his eyes meet mine. I clench my fists, letting my nails dig into my palm.

"I thought-"

"I won't be drinking," he chuckles. "It's just for a business dinner, but it might take all night."

"Why? Will you be f-" I cut myself off as Yoogeun raises his head curiously. I force a smile at my son while giving Minho a sideways glare.

"Why isn't Minho coming home? Is he going to run away?" Yoogeun asks. I laugh.

"No, he isn't," I say. I jerk my head subtly towards the hallway and I hear Minho stand up. I kiss Yoogeun on the head and follow him out. I slam the dining room door behind me and turn to him angrily.

"What?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Let me guss, you're going to be ing everything with a skirt tonight?" I ask. He laughs sarcastically.

"You know me so well," he sneers. I roll my eyes.

"You better remember that you have a kid now," I hiss. He glares at me.

"What the hell does that mean?" he asks. I point to the door.

"Yoogeun's learning from you! You better start acting responsible or Yoogeun's going to end up really screwed," I snarl. Minho smirks and leans closer.

"That's what he has you for," Minho teases. I push him away angrily.

"Just come home before midnight," I snarl. He pushes me into the door. I hit it with a yelp and he pins me, pressing against me with a blaring threat in his eyes.

"Or what?" he asks. I glare back, refusing to let him intimidate me.

"Stop touching me," I hiss, reminding him of our deal. He scowls and backs off, and I slip back into the dining room.

"What was all that noise?" Yoogeun asks innocently as I reenter. I force yet another smile and sit down next to him.

"Oh, nothing. Just Minho being an idiot," I say, glaring at the man that comes in. Minho snarls at me, baring his teeth, as he sits down to finish his meal.

"Just shut up," he mutter. I laugh.

 

A/N - Oh life, why you a ?

Okay, I first want to say:

200+ SUBSCRIBER!? *///* I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH OMG YOU HAVE NO IDEA!

Second,

I hate my Chem teacher =3=

Third,

MORE TO COME! COMMENTS ARE LOVE! I hope you guys haven't given up on me yet...