Return

Privileged

Taemin's POV

"This is bull!" Kyuhyun roars as he stands up and smashes the will he was holding onto the ground. Yesung stoops down and picks it up again as I sit in my seat, trying to comprehend everything.

From the moment I'd arrived, Yesung had barely emerged from his room. I even forgot that he was there. As soon as the funeral for father was over, he had taken charge. I stare at him, wide-eyed.

Who is he? Is he really my brother?

"You and Sungmin get nothing. Deal with it," he says. He paces around our father's old room, with everything covered in white. It feels like death in here. Death and anger. I feel so cold without Minho beside me, but only the men of the family were allowed to attend the meeting.

"<< Why does the get everything? >>" Sungmin roars, pointing at me. I stiffen.

"<< Hey, off! >>" I shout at him, standing up and facing him. Kyuhyun immediately goes to back him up.

"Listen, , << father might've left you everything, >> but you're not going to take any of it, << got it >>?" Sungmin snarls, jabbing me in the chest with his finger. I stiffen and prepare to punch him in the jaw, but someone steps in front of me.

"<< Listen up, >> little brats!" Yesung snaps, his arms spread to protect me. This is not the quiet brother that I knew. This is someone else... Someone completely different.

"Why should we?" Kyuhyun sneers. Yesung growls under his breath and prowls closer to my other two brothers, his stature predatory and his voice low in his throat.

"Because our little brother just inherited one of the largest aggregations of money on the whole ing continent," Yesung snarls, pointing at me. I've never heard him curse before, but he's not awkward about it. He spits out the word like venom, and my other two brothers recoil.

"He shouldn't have," Sungmin hisses. "That should've been kicked out of this family."

"Well he wasn't, now, was he?" Yesung sneers. He grabs my wrist and yanks me forward, and I see his face strewn over with a smirk.

"Y-Yesung, what are you doing?" I stammer. His eyes turn to me, and I see them glimmering with pent up emotions akin to savageness.

"I've wanted to do this for so long," he growls. "I hated keeping that secret... For two years, only I knew what father was planning. I was the goddamn lawyer for that will. I signed the ing thing!"

"Y-you knew?" Sungmin stammers out. Suddenly, he flies forward and tackles Yesung to the ground. I scream as I watch my two brothers tumble around, trading punches. "HOW COULD YOU WILLINGLY GIVE EVERYTHING TO THIS ?!"

"THAT '' IS MORE OF A MAN THAN YOU!" Yesung roars back, pinning Sungmin and punching him once on each cheek. They grab for each other's eyes, wrists, chests... anything to sink their nails into.

"Stop!" I shout, rushing forward and pulling Yesung off of a clawing Sungmin. "Everyone out! Everybody out!"

"Why should we listen to you?" Kyuhyun snaps, lunging at me. I push him away and he stumbles back, his eyes flashing furiously.

"<< I'm in control here! >>" I shout, my lungs full to bursting with indignation. "Everyone get out now. I own the house, the business, the ing air you breathe, so << get out! >>"

The two freeze for a minute before they back off, their eyes filled with horror. I stay there, supporting Yesung. I look at him to see his proud eyes fixed on me. His grin outshines any of the wounds he might have, and he ruffles my hair.

"You did good," he murmurs. I help him sit down in the chair that I'd been sitting in before, and I pull up a stool next to him. I'm still shaken from the weight of what I'm dealing with here. This is my whole family fortune we're talking about here... And I don't want any of it. It's too much for me. I don't want something so... ponderous. So weighty. It'll be like a damn anchor or something. I would never survive.

"Something bothering you?" Yesung asks. I look at him in surprise as he my hair. I look down and nod, and his hand gently pushes me down until I'm laying my head in his lap.

"I don't want the money," I whisper. "I don't want any of this..." Yesung's hand never stop patting my head as I fist my hands in his jeans.

"Father and I really loved you, you know," he murmurs. I look up in surprise and he smiles sheepishly. "I was... Always the coward of the family. I was never brave enough to disobey father. I always wanted to please him. Even after he kicked you out, I pretended not to miss you."

"And then what happened?" I ask, turning to look up at him. He smiles sadly.

"Father started to miss you. It was around this time that he sent me to law school," he remembered wistfully. "The whole time I never questioned his decision, although he didn't really use me until he felt age start to creep up on him."

"He already knew that he wanted to give me everything? All those years ago, he knew?" I ask, feeling the guilt steal into me. Yesung sighs and nods.

"He wanted to apologize... I guess money was the only way he knew how." Yesung sighs and I let out a little sob.

"And the last thing that he heard me say was, 'I hate you...' How ed up am I?" I whisper as Yesung scoops up my upper half and hugs me close, his chest pressed against my shoulder blades.

"I'm sure he knew that you loved him in the end," Yesung murmurs. We sit there like that for a little while until I hear a gentle knocking.

"You there?" Minho asks quietly. I sit up and go to the door, and then I collapse into his arms. He holds me, tears and all.

~

"Bye," I say sadly to Yesung. If it weren't for the stupid return tickets, I would've stayed a little longer with my brother, whom I just formed a damned bond with. However, I know that all good things have to come to an end, so I kiss him on the cheek at the gate.

My father's business is mine in name and in assets, but I've left the running and the accounts and all of that to Yesung. He deserves it, and he wants it, more than I do. Minho was dispassionate either way. In his words, "Whatever makes you happy, Tae."

I love him so much.

"Time to go," Minho murmurs. Of all of my siblings, only Yesung came to see me off. He'd even driven us in his own car, and I don't care to know what he did to Heechul. However, Yuri not coming had surprised me. She'd always been my favorite sister, and I'd always been her favorite brother.

"Okay," I murmur softly as I turn and board the plane. Yoogeun's in Minho's arms, an he waves enthusiastically at Yesung.

"Bye bye uncle Sunggie!" he calls out. I chuckle as the doors close behind us. Minho wraps his free arm around my shoulder and kisses my head.

"Ready to go home?" he asks softly. I wrinkle my nose from the air-terminal stench and nod.

"Yep, ready to leave my bastard brothers behind," I say firmly. Minho chuckles and kisses my cheek, nuzzling my face as we cross that little inch-wide gap to the plane. It's first class again, as usual, and I sit by him with my legs tucked into the seat and my head on his chest, listening to the gently thumping of his heart.

"I love you," he whispers suddenly. I look up and he smiles, Yoogeun on his lap and snuggled into his chest as well. I blush and look down to break out eye contact, looking instead at our son. I sit up and take Yoogeun into my arms, cuddling him as he starts to drift off. I look up at Minho.

"He's beautiful," I say softly. One day, Minho and I will die, and Yoogeun's going to have to say goodbye to us. On that day, what will he say to us? What will we say to him? I close my eyes as Minho kisses me softly, praying that Yoogeun won't make my mistake.

"He knew, Taemin," Minho murmurs, pulling away and cupping my cheek. I nod and look down, and he kisses my forehead. "Taemin, sometimes you don't have to say it. You can scream that you hate someone as loud as you'd like, but they'll always hear your love underneath."

"I wish that were true," I whisper before burying my face into his chest. "Don't ever believe me if I say I hate you."

"I won't," Minho says softly. He always knows just what to say to me. He wraps his arms around me. "Sleep," he whispers, and I obey gratefully, knowing that when I wake up, we'll be home again.

A/N- I'm sorry for the short crappy chapter... My life has been getting worse, busier, and just plain bleh sometimes. But I love you all! Thanks for sticking around ;3; <3

More to come! Comments are love!!!