Changed

Privileged

 

Minho’s POV

I hand over my boarding pass and flinch as the woman leans over, offering a more-than-necessary view of her s.

I’m a changed man. I’m a changed man. I’m a changed man,I chant in my head as I look away.

“Minho? You alright?” Taemin asks. Yoogeun cranes over from Taemin’s arms and pas my head. I nod and smile.

“I’m fine,” I say. I take Yoogeun from Taemin and Yoogeun’s backpack, having checked in everything else.

“Have a safe trip,” Onew says. Taemin beams and waves at him. I feel my heart clench as Taemin bounces up to him and kisses him on the cheek, but no, Taemin doesn’t like him, does he? Not like that?

“Thank you,” Taemin says. He kisses Onew’s cheek again and runs back.

“You two are close,” I half-tease, half-accuse. He smiles and nods.

“You know, back when you were a complete jerk, I used to like him,” Taemin confesses. I bite my lip. “But you know… you changed,” Taemin says. I look at him as we start to walk down that long tunnel to the plane.

“Did I?” I ask, my cheeks gaining a little color. The gate behind us closes as we near the huge airplane.

“Yes,” Taemin says. He pulls me gently to the side and stretches up. He kisses me gently on the cheek. “You changed a lot… for the better.”

“Appa going to marry appa?” Yoogeun pipes up. Both of us blush as everyone looks our way.

“I… we… we’re not…” Taemin stammers to explain to everyone.

“We’re not together,” I say coolly, a bitter taste hitting the back of my throat as I voice the hard, cold fact.

“Really?” Yoogeun asks. “Then appa doesn’t like appa?” His voice breaks with premature sobs.

“No, appa likes appa, but appa won’t marry appa because a-“ I see everyone around us get more and more confused as I try to explain. I grit my teeth.

“Don’t you all have a plane to board?” Taemin snaps before I can get around to it. I look at him with a raised eyebrow and he just grabs my wrist.

“Are we going on the flying thing?” Yoogeun asks. I nod and smile at him as I adjust his bag on my shoulder.

“How many hours is the flight?” I ask Taemin as we pass into the plane.

“Four,” he answers as he looks around for the seats. I put an arm on his shoulder and I smile.

“This way,” I say, leading him to first class. His eyes widen.

“First class?” he gasps. I chuckle and nod.

“Taemin, have you forgotten who I am?” I ask teasingly. I show him to our seats and laugh as Yoogeun squirms to touch the state-of-the-art things around us.

“You didn’t have to,” Taemin mumbles. I sit Yoogeun down and strap him to the chair. I set up the entertainment system for him and watch as he pokes the screen with endless the fascination.

“I wanted to,” I answer finally. I kiss his cheek. “I have to go to the little billionaire’s room. Be right back.”

“A-alright,” he stammers.

“I love you, Minho-appa!” Yoogeun calls, waving enthusiastically. I laugh.

“I love you too, Yoogeun,” I coo. “I love you.” I leave, looking back only once to make sure he’s okay.

I wonder if he knows that the second time I said “I love you”… That was for him.

 

Taemin’s POV

I sigh as I sit next to Yoogeun. This is nice, but… It’s too much. The aircraft suddenly seems unearthly and silent. The pilot comes on the intercom and explains the seatbelts as Minho returns. He sits next to me on those clean, white seats, and I squirm again.

“You alright?” Minho asks. I nod.

“I just… I haven’t been somewhere like this in a while,” I say. I start shaking.

“Taemin, are you okay?” he asks again. His voice is grave and serious. I nod again. I can’t let this happen. I can’t let myself get held back.

“I’m fine,” I chant to myself. Yoogeun gets out of his seat and crawls onto my lap. He my cheek.

“Appa, be okay, okay?” he asks with a sniffle. I kiss him forehead.

“I’m okay. Go back to your seat,” I order gently. He crawls to the chair and Minho clips the seatbelt together. I close my eyes and lean back in my seat. He worms his hand into mine and squeezes.

“You’ll be fine,” he whispers. I chuckle. “Taemin, this plane’s not going to crash.” Now I laugh.

“That’s not what’s bothering me,” I say, looking at him with a sidelong glance.

“Then what is it?” he asks. He tilts my chin towards him and my eyes open gradually.

“It’s nothing,” I murmur. He’s about to pry deeper, but I know just how to shut him up. I kiss him chastely, not enough to be romantic, but enough to stun him. My heart sprints in my chest and he sighs as I pull away.

“Why do you do that?” he asks.

“I just wanted you to shut up,” I tease. He smirks and pulls away.

“Sure,” he says sarcastically.

“You’re not that handsome,” I mock. He chuckles.

“Alright,” he says, letting the sentence hang with more than enough sarcasm. I look around the plane and feel my heart leap to my throat. No one else is in first class, which bothers me. Anything can happen here. Anything…

“Minho,” I whisper, and he looks at me again. I kiss him slowly this time, needing comfort. He obliges and wraps an arm around my waist. He kisses back, his lips pressing to mine warmly. My heart soars as he responds, but there’s something distant about this kiss. This isn’t the kiss of two lovers; it’s the kiss of two friends that know the wall between their hearts is thick enough to withstand it. We’re both too scared to fall into any romance there might be, and that infuriates me to no end. I want to keep kissing, but some internal alarm goes off that I’m already over-stepping my boundaries and I have to stop.

“What was that for?” he asks when I pull away. I shake my head, biting my lip.

“Nothing. I was just… I needed that,” I say, sitting back in my seat and feeling such guilt that I’m suddenly sick to my stomach. His grip on my hand tightens, urging me to elaborate. “I’m just not feeling so well…”

“Take a nap,” he suggests. “You’ll feel better.”

“Will you watch Yoogeun?” I ask needlessly. He nods and smiles.

“You don’t have to ask,” he murmurs. He helps me lean my chair back and covers me with a blanket. It’s threadbare and itchy, but I deal with it as I close my eyes. He kisses my forehead affectionately and reconnects our hands, but paranoia steals on me that I’m slowly crushing something very important. I tug his hand and he turns to me.

“Minho, that kiss… It was nothing, arasso?” I murmur. He laughs.
“No duh,” he chuckles. “Go to sleep now.” I close my eyes and sigh deeply.

It was nothing to you, anyway.

 

Minho’s POV

I clutch to Taemin’s hand tightly as he drifts off. I press a hand to my lips and lean my head back, sighing. I just became his friend. I just got close to him. I’m in love with him, but like he said, the kiss is nothing. The two of us?

We’re nothing.

“Appa!” Yoogeun coos, distracting me. I turn to him and he reaches under his seat, pulling out his backpack. He takes out his coloring book and crayons. He holds them out to me. “Which one for appa?”

“What?” I ask, chuckling. He pouts.

“Choose color!” he orders. I pick red and he starts scribbling something furiously in the coloring book. I crane my neck over and see him coloring in a picture of a family. The father’s bright scarlet.

“Bored?” I ask, ruffling his hair. He nods.

“Now Taemin appa!” he coos. I look at my choices. I have orange, green, and blue left. I place a shaking finger on green, the complimentary color. The partner color.

“Yoogeun, would you like some food?” I ask. He nods and I shift through the back pack to get some cookies.

“Appa, is appa Taemin-appa okay?” he asks cutely. I nod and chuckle.

“Yeah, he’s fine,” I murmur. I play with Yoogeun’s hair absent-mindedly and watch him leave lines of green over the mommy’s face. He munches cheerfully on the cookie, putting dots on the picture’s eyes and mouth.

“Does Minho-appa love Taemin-appa like in the movies?” Yoogeun asks as he colors the baby blue. I laugh.

“What movies would these be?” I ask. My son shrugs.

“The ones where the people make kissy things all the time,” he says non-specifically. I chuckle and give Yoogeun a kiss on the head.

“Yes, I love Taemin-appa,” I confess. “But it’s a secret, okay?” Yoogeun nods and we make a pinky-promise.

“Okay! It’s a super-secret,” Yoogeun swears. I kiss his forehead and then give him a small ppo-ppo. He’s just too cute.

“I love Yoogeun too,” I tell him, and he nods.

“Yoogeun loves Minho-appa!” he chirps up.

“I love you more,” I coo.

“I love you the most!” he argues. I chuckle and kiss him again.

“You win,” I say with resignation. He grins proudly and snuggles to my side.

“I’m going to sleep nice and happy now,” he burbles. I chuckle and ruffle his hair. He’s fast asleep by the time I pull the blanket over his shoulders.

“I love you both so much,” I mutter as I put my arm around him. I put my other arm around Taemin and lean my head back.

Right now, this is my happiest time.

I love you. I love you.

 

A/N- Oh Taemin… Oh Minho…

Tut tut tut…

ONE PIC SPAM~

tumblr_lqgwulJ3GE1qg0355o6_500.jpgMore to come! Comments are love!