Muddled

Privileged

I adjust my suit as I walk inside, checking my gold watch. 10:00 pm. I push open the doors and I'm greeted immediatly by a tray of drinks. I grab one. Just one won't hurt...

"Minho!" Yuhno calls from across the room. I smile and lift my glass in acknowledgment before making my way through the crowd ot my friends.

"Hey," I greet. "What's new?" I take a sip of bubbling alcohol and make eye contact with each of them. Yuhno and Jaejoong are wearing matching cufflinks, their arms around each-other's waist. Junsu and Yoochun are fighting over a palte of shrimp cocktail while Changmin is hoarding a platter of... I don't even know what that is.

"What's new with you?" Yuhno asks, nudging me so hard I nearly spill my drink. I swallow hastily and look up with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I ask, trying to will myself to believe that he's not talking about-

"Your son," Yunho says, sipping a bit of wine nonchalantly. I clear my throat as the whole group turns to look at me with expectant eyes. Even Changmin puts his plate to one side.

"Um... You see, I-"

"Oh, we know the story," Yuhno says, winking. "You and that girl in a nice dark alleyway. What was your pickup line?" The rest of the group snickers and I roll my eyes.

"'How much for a quickie,'" I snarl. The group bursts into laughter and I roll my eyes. "Shut up!"

"Are you sure it wasn't 'Will you be the mother of my baby?'" Yoochun asks, winking good naturedly. I roll my eyes again and swirl my drink before taking another sip. A person nudges me from behind and I turn obidiently.

"I heard about your business deal. Congratulations," an older woman says, her dyed hair cropped up in a hideous fasihon. I smile and kiss her hand respectfully, trying not to cringe.

"Thank you," I say kindly. She winks and I hold back a shudder. I can hear Yunho and Junsu and Changmin snickering quietly as she leaves.

"You were saying," Yoochun asks as he swallows his laughter with a piece of shrimp. I collect my thoughts with another sip.

"Well, Yoogeun's a great kid. It's Taemin that's the problem," I grumble. "He's just such a little-"

"SHH!" Changmin hisses, stuffing something burning hot into my mouth. I swallow quickly, the food scalding a path down my throat.

"What?" I ask as soon as I catch my breath. I take a long swig of my drink to calm the fire in my mouth.

"Don't let other people hear that," Junsu snarls. "It'll turn into a scandal in the blink of an eye."

"Don't care," I growl, pouting slightly. Jaejoong giggles and pinches my cheek. I glare at him, rubbing my sore face. A hand on my shoulder causes me to turn.

"Congratulations on your new investment," the head of some company says. I fake a radiant smile and shake his hand before he makes his way off. I turn back to my friends, not missing a beat.

"If there's a scandal, your business and your family will be crushed by the press in a matter of minutes," Junsu warns solemnly. I sigh. The Onew lecture of media...

"Yeah, I know," I drone, finishing off my plate. I put it on a nearby table. Someone will take care of it.

"At least act like you like the guy," Yuhno suggests, folding his arms across his broad chest. The rest mumble an agreement as I chuckle.

"Alright, if he ever shows up, I'll act like we're ing married," I joke. Yunho smiles and raises an eyebrow.

"Funny you should say that..."

 

I scowl as I clamber out of the car, Yoogeun in my arms. I scoof at the grand building we're parked in front of. Spoiled brats with no where else to put their money...

"Wait," Onew calls. I turn and he reaches out to straighten my collar. I tap my foot impatiently as he wrestles with the stubborn fabric of the suit.

"I'm going to kill him when I get in there," I snarl under my breath.

"Why kill Minho?" Yoogeun asks. I look at him in his mini suit and force a smile.

"Do you know what time it is?" I ask Yoogeun. He shakes his head and I show him my watch.

"It's... Big hand and little hand are on the top," he observes, scrunching up his nose. I laugh.

"It's midnight," I explain. He tilts his head curiously. "He's not supposed to be out that late."

"Why not?" Yoogeun asks. I smile and sigh.

"I'll tell you when you're older," I say. Onew finishes tidying me up, brushing the dust from my lapel.

"Alright, you're good," he says approvingly. I cringe slightly, suddenly self-concious under his gaze.

"How do I look?" I ask, adjust ing Yoogeun in my arms. Onew laughs.

"Magnificent," he answers. I feel my cheeks heat up and I smile.

"Come on, Yoogeun," I say cheerily as I enter the building. I push open the heavy, gilded glass doors and I can't help but admire the room.

A chandelier that sparkles like a million stars trapped in a single vessel hands from the ceiling, attached by a thick gold chain. The cieling itself looks like marble, with large gold columns that cling to it. The floor is like porcelain, gleaming under my feet. The walls are reflective, delicate black lines running through the marble like thinly pencilled veins. I bite my lips. Alright, it looks nice... if not a bit over done.

"Taemin!" a familiar voice greets. I look over to see Minho waving at me from across the room. I put on my best scowl and march to his side.

"Choi Minho, do you know what time it is?" I ask sternly as I approach. The five men surrounding him laugh and I feel my cheeks heat up.

"This must be Taemin," a delicately built one says, amused. Minho looks at me with a forced apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, Taemin-ah," he says. Yoogeun stretches out his arms happily, asking to be held, and I scowl as Minho obliges.

"Would you care to explain?" I ask, crossing my arms. He frowns slightly.

"I got here late, so I'm staying late," he says. I raise a suspicious eyebrow and lean forward.

"Have you been drinking?" I ask. He adjusts Yoogeun in his arms.

"Why?" he asks.

"I want down!" Yoogeun intervenes. Minho's eyes turn to my son and he smiles.

"Okay," he coos, setting Yoogeun on the floor.

"Oh how precious!" Jaejoong coos.

"Thank you," Minho and I say simultaeneously. I scowl while Minho makes a fast recovery.

"Taemin really did most of the raising," he says pleasantly. He leans closer to me. "Let's talk in that corner, neh?" he asks, pointing. I raise a suspicious eyebrow but I follow him.

"So, how drunk are you?" I ask once we reach our destination.

"Not very," he answer swiftly, his voice laced with irritation.

"Then why aren't you acting like the insufferable jackass you are?" I ask.

"Excuse me, Choi Minho?" a well-built man asks, cutting in rudely. He brushes by me like I'm not there. I clench my fists.

"Yes?" Minho asks, putting on a nice smile.

"Congratulations on the latest deal. I heard you got a lot of revenue for that," the man says. Minho laughs and shakes his hand warmly. When the man passes out of earshot, Minho's facade snaps off.

"So, anyway," he says, turning his attention to me.

"You're coming home," I say stubbornly.

"I can't just leave!" he protests. "These dinners are really important!"

"So is Yoogeun!" I retort. "You're not setting a good example for him!"

"Hey, I need to make money for you guys, and this is one way to do it!" he shouts.

"What? Drinking and eating in a suit?" I ask, scoffing. "Wow, what a tiring job," I sneer.

"This is just so that I can up to people and do my ing job easier!" he snarls. I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. Just don't get too drunk," I hiss.

"I'll try, but with this headache you're giving me, it's going to take a damn whiskey factory," he mutters. My eyes flash and I turn on my heel.

"Whatever. I'm grabbing Yoogeun and we're going home with Onew," I snarl. I start to leave, but he races in front of me.

"Wait," he says, his voice sounding somewhat defeated. "Stay. Enjoy yourselves," he says.

"You want me to enjoy myself at a party with you spoiled, over-stuffed bastards?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. He grits his teeth.

"Listen, everyone here knows about Yoogeun and you. I need you to, for one night, act like we get along so we don't get swamped by media." His eyes are pleading and I'm tempted to give in.

"And if I don't?" I ask, a taunting smile playing with my lips. He groans.

"Taemin, don't be difficult," he says, his voice edging on desperation.

"If I don't?" I repeat, ignoring him. He sighs.

"The media blows it up to a case of an abusive household and Yoogeun gets taken away by a social worker. I'm run out of business and you're back on the streets getting beat up and jobless," he says. My eyes widen.

"A-arasso..." I say, stunned.

"So will you please just stay and pretend?" he asks. I nod, my eyes still wide from the long list he just recited.

"What do I do, though?" I ask as I look around. Minho shrugs.

"It's a party. Lighten up," he says. I nod as he walks off. I sigh. This will be a long night...

 

A/N - Party time~

More to come! Comments are love~