Grapple

Privileged

I open my eyes slowly, my arms still around Yoogeun protectively.

"Good morning Taemin," Key sings. I groan softly as I sit up, sliding my son from my grip.

"Mornin'," I greet, grabbing the alarm clock and tiliting it towards my face. 5:56 AM. WHY THE AM I UP!?

"How was your night?" Key asks as he throws me an outfit. I catch it and wince as I see what it consists of: A barely-there tank top, jeans that are the definition of "too tight" and a bright red leather jacket that barely reaches down to my ribs.

"Weird," I summarize curtly as I stand up and go to my closet. I pick out a decent outfit (a checkered button-up t-shirt and a pair of SUITABLE jeans), making Key cringe. I tug my shirt over my head and begin to change.

"What kind of weird?" Key asks as he resumes cleaning. I watch as he runs a duster over the top of the dresser.

"Well, I don't really know what to call it," I say as I throw on the shirt. I fumble with the buttons and I have to blow on my hands to warm up my freezing fingers.

"Why? What happened?" Key asks. I slide my pajama bottoms to my ankles before stepping into the fresh pair.

"Well, first I met Minho's friends," I say as I zipper up the jeans and button them.

"Which ones?" Key asks skeptically as he adjusts my alarm clock.

"Um... Yuhno and Jaejoong and some other guys," I say as I look into the full-length mirror in the corner. I frown as I adjust the shirt, squirming a bit until I think I look okay.

"Oh, those guys are okay," Key says, relieved. He pulls a cloth from his pocket and wipes the alarm clock's screen.

"And I also met Soo Man," I say, turning around to watch Key as he cleans.

"That man is a legend in the marketing world," Key says, sounding impressed. "Minho really respects him."

"I could tell," I chuckle. I help him as he wrestles with the bedside table, trying to turn it into a certain position. I grab hold of one end and pull a little.

"Anyone else?" Key asks as he moves to the next task.

"Jessica and Taeyeong and Yoona," I list with a grimace. I watch as he picks up my clothes from the ground, and I stoop to help him. We put them into a laundry basket that he had placed in the corner of the room, out of the way. He picks up one side and I pick up the other. I cast one more glance at Yoogeun's sleeping form before following Key out of the room.

"Ugh. es," Key says with disgust. I roll my eyes.

"Tell me about it," I say, my voice raising as we leave the room behind. I follow Key mindlessly, too caught up in our easy conversation.

"They were loud, too," Key adds as he pushes open a door into a laundry room. He dumps the dirty clothes into a washing machine, and I have to twist my arm to accomadate.

"Did Minho bring home a lot of girls?" I ask as we set the basket down. Key laughs loudly.

"'A lot' doesn't even cover it," Key says as he pours in soap. I close the top of the machine and set the time. Key watches on, speechless. "You're good at this," he says. I smile sheepishly.

"I lived alone for a while," I explain, leanign against the rumbling machine.

"So, as I was saying," Key continues as he starts to leave. I hurry to catch up with him. "Minho is really the man who's had them all. If it's a living, breathing female, he's ed her."

"I see," I say slowly, not quite sure how to respond to that. Key chuckles.

"It's the perk of being rich and famous and good looking," Key sighs, shrugging as he walks briskly down the hall. He takes a turn, opens a door, and the walls change to a drab brown. We walk down the dimly lit hallway in silence and we reach a pair of iron double doors. I push them open and find a pristine kitchen, with one sole chef bustling about.

"Key?" the short man asks as his head perks up. He turns and I see his face fo teh first time. His nostrils seem permenantly flared, but not in an unpleasant way. His eyes light up as he sees my friend standing by me.

"Jonghyun!" Key squeals. They collide in a sweet embrace and Key gets spun around before being kissed and set on the ground. They don't pull away, instead letting their tongues slide between their mouths. I clear my throat loudly and they break apart, red-faced.

"This is Taemin?" Jonghyun asks, embarrassed. I nod and bow.

"I'm Lee Taemin," I introduce myself. I look up and see Jonghyun beaming.

"He's so cute!" Jonghyun coos. He bounces over and pinches my cheek happily. I pout and he pinches harder.

"Isn't he?" Key asks as he gives Jonghyun a warm back-hug.

"So... You're dating?" I ask as I back up, rubbing my cheeks. Key giggles and kisses Jonghyun's cheek.

"Of course," Key squeals. Jonghyun laughs and ruffles my hair. "So what are we having for breakfast?" Key asks, peeking over at the stove. Jonghyun grins proudly.

"Hash browns, pancakes, waffles, eggs, and bacon," he lists. My eyes widen at the uncountable number of pots and pans on the stove, piping away.

"Did you make all of that by yourself?" I ask. Jonghyun chuckles modestly and rubs the back of his neck.

"Well, other people got the groceries and . I just put them all together," he says softly. Key cuts in.

"Isn't my Jjong amazing?" Key asks proudly. I nod and look at the stove, adjusting the temperature dial.

"If you cook it at a lower temperature, it'll keep warm," I explain when Jonghyun raises an eyebrow. Jonghyun thinks for a moment and smiles.

"That makes sense," Jonghyun says as he comes over and pats my back.

"Well, someone's up early," another voice says. I look up abruptly as Onew comes in. "I thought I might find you here."

"Onew!" I exclaim, smiling. He comes over and leans over me, watching me turn the dials. He leans closer, his breath brushing my cheek.

"Did you sleep well?" he asks softly. I look up and our faces are millimeters apart and my heart speeds up and he looks deeper into my eyes and oh my gosh he's touching my arm lightly and he bending forward more.

"O-Onew," I stammer nervously.

"Wanna take a walk with me?" he whispers. I can barely manage a nod and he smiles, his lips forming against my ear. "Meet me in the garden in ten minutes."

"Okay," I answer, and then he releases me and walks off. I'm there with a stunned Key and Jonghyun staring at me with their jaws touching the floor.

"Woah! Congratulations Taemin," Jonghyun says as he slowly begins a pralyzed clapping. Key joins in before yanking my arm.

"Come on, let's get you ready," he says. "You're going to look so amazing. Onew... Who would've thought?" I can only blink. Did that really just happen?

 

I wake up with a groand, my head still pressed to my desk. I look outside the window and see Onew and Taemin already in the garden. That er! Isn't there a time limit on this thing? I get up from my seat with a loud shout of fustration and hobble off to my room to freshen up. I bump into Jonghyun in the hallway.

"Dude, Taemin and Onew are-"

"I know," I grump, holding up a hand and tousling it through my hair. "That son of a ..."

"Are you jealous?" Jonghyun asks, his eyes growing wider. I blink a few times before I realize what I sound like. I laugh loudly.

"No way! It's nothing like that," I dissmiss, waving my hand now. I restart my journey to my room, Jonghyun trailing me like a puppy.

"Dude, fill me in," he begs.

"It's nothing," I growl.

"So then why is Onew hitting on Taemin?"

"ONEW'S HITTING APPA!?" a voice screeches. There's Yoogeun, standing in the middle of the hallway, eyes about to pop from his skull. I hold back my laughs and scoop him up, swishing him into my room.

"Onew's not hitting Taemin," I explain with a broad smile. I leave him on my bed as I go to my bathroom and splash water onto my face.

"Then what was the dino talking about?" Yoogeun asks innocently. I snort with amusement.

"He just meant that Onew was being extra nice to Taemin," I say as I wipe my face. I turn to see Yoogeun pondering this new discovery. I chuckle and ruffle his hair.

"Can Yoogeun go walk with them?" he asks. I'm about to tell him no, but...

"Sure, let's go!" I say enthusiastically, scooping Yoogeun up into my arms. Oh, this shall be fun...

 

A/N - ing ahead~ Idk why this makes me so happy....

More to come! Comments are love!

And in case you're wondering, I STILL HATE SCHOOL. ESPECIALLY CHEMISTRY.