Enigma

Privileged

I stumble into Onew's room, tears streaming down my face.

"Minho?" he asks sleepily, sitting up in bed. His face is sleep-strewn but he immediately sobers up when I collapse on him. I feel him hug me clumsily.

"I love him," I murmur. "I love him so much. , Onew, I love him." He stiffens as I sob into his shoulder.

"Y-you..." His voice wavers. He swallows, his Adam's apple bobs against my bicep before he speaks again. "You're sure you love him?"

"I'm sure," I whisper. He rubs my back a little, urging me to say more. "I... I almost slept with him."

"When?" he asks, jolting. I pull away and take a deep breath, tilting my head back and letting my tears soak back into my eyes.

"About five minutes ago," I say, running a hand through my hair. I sit on his bed and sigh, hulking forward. "I really ed up, Onew."

"Why do you say that?" he asks as he sits up next to me. He slings an arm over my shoulder and hugs me tightly.

"I told him to just forget about tonight, but... , I wanted him so bad," I growl. "I wanted him so ing bad... and I told him to forget about everything. He wanted me too," I add, looking at Onew. He's unreadable as always, patting my shoulder comfortingly.

"I'm not surprised," he says frankly. My eyes widen.

"You're not?" I ask.

"No," he sighs. "Truth is, I saw this coming."

"How?" I ask, shocked. Was I really that obvious? Or is Onew just that good?

"You give him the googly eyes and you go all soft around him," he says with a smirk. "By the way, I won the bet."

"Yeah," I sigh, looking at the floor. "Whatever."

"That means you owe me chicken," he says jovially, trying to lighten the mood. It's so blatantly obvious that I have to laugh.

"Yeah," I say, exhaustion dropping on my shoulders like a stone. "Onew... What do I do?" I ask pleadingly, looking up at him with eyes that are beginning to water again.

"Trust your gut," he says comfortingly. He gives me a smile. "It'll work out."

"Thanks," I murmur, leaning into him. "Can I sleep here? Like when we were kids?" I ask. He nods and tucks me in. He curls up next to me.

"Sleep well, okay?" he murmurs. It's warm and comfortable here. I trust him with everything I have.

"You know, you're one of the people I'm not scared to lose," I whisper, sinking into the blankets. "That I'm not scared to trust..."

"Sleep now," Onew orders softly. I nod and obey him. He's my best friend. He'll stay by me always. he won't leave me.

 

I wake up in Minho's bed, confused. My clothes are all mussed up and my lips feel like they've been in a vacuum. Then I remember what happened last night and it takes everything I have not to cry out loud.

"He almost slept with me," I whisper, touching my lips. My hand moves down to my chest and I feel my heart thump against my sternum. "So why didn't he?"

"Taemin?" Onew's voice calls. I sit up striaght in the bed and hop off.

"Coming," I say, straightening my clothes and patting down my hair. I open the door, smiling at the immediate comfort the sight of him brings.

"Ready for breakfast?" he asks. I nod and watch as he leans forward. He kisses my cheek and I feel a tingle run to the tips of my fingers.

"Thank you," I say with a smile. I follow him to the dining hall and my jaw falls open.

The table's set with cakes and pastries and anything else that even remotely involves chocolate. Yoogeun's running around snatching up handfuls and stuffing them into his mouth. Minho's standing there, watching. Laughing, he picks up my son and wipes his mouth with a napkin. He looks over at me and smiles.

"Good morning," he says. I stiffen at the casual way he greets me.

"Hi," I reply. Onew looks from me to him and back.

"APPA!" Yoogeun shouts, running to me with his sticky hands. I pick him up and smile naturally at his adorableness. I kiss his chocolate-covered nose.

"What's with all the sweets?" I ask. Minho beams and comes closer, wrapping his arms around me and pecking my forehead.

"What? I can't spoil you guys?" he asks. I blink, stunned.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my voice too shocked to show much emotion. He smiles.

"Taemin, I-"

"You have a letter," Onew says, cutting in. I turn and see him hand out an envelope to me. I look back at Minho's who's already letting go and backing away. I take the envelope from Onew, our fingers brushing. He smiles kindly. I return his smile and adjust Yoogeun so I can open the letter with a little space for my hand. What I read nearly kills me.

"Taemin? Taemin, what's wrong?" Minho asks. I can barely hear him through the confused fog in my head.

Dear Taemin,

Your father is dying. We request that you come to the estate in one week to discuss his affairs...

The last thing I'm aware of before I black out is Yoogeun screaming my name and Minho's arms wrapping around me, carrying me to safety.

 

A/N- Taemin's going back home, it seems....

And let me tell you, it's not going to be pretty.

MORE TO COME! COMMENTS ARE LOVE!

14943097.jpg

And read THESE:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/119063/the-missing-piece-2min-angst-minho-shinee-suicide-taemin-tragedy

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/117180/christmas-list-2min-christmas-fluff-minho-shinee-taemin-holiday

DO IT!

I DEMAND IT!

DO IT NOWWWWWW!

One of them is just a foreward, but it's a damn good forward!

The other one is just....

You have to read it.

You must.