Snapped

Privileged

"Really? He tried that?" I ask, nearly spitting out my wine with laughter. Minho chuckles from across the table as he concludes his story about the drunk physicist who actually tried to take off his pants over his head.

"And then he showed us the dark side of the moon," Minho finishes. I laugh, cutting into my meat. I place the small piece into my mouth, the dazzling sauce sending my tastebuds whirling.

"I remember someone did that at a bar I worked at," I say, smiling wistfully. Minho laughed.

"So you're not completely innocent, then," he chuckles. Maybe it's the wine, but something make me chuckle darkly and mischieviously.

"Who ever said I'm even innocent in the first place?" I ask, winking. I took another sip of the wine, watching him raise an eyebrow.

"You? You were probably a nerd in the library in high school," he muses, leaning back and letting his fingertips touch. I smile bitterly.

"Never got to high school," I inform him, looking up to watch his face morph to a look of surprise.

"I see," he says softly. I finish my last bite of food, and Minho wipes his mouth as he looks ruefully at his empty plate. "Do you want dessert?"

"A-ani," I whisper. Suddenly, I feel a build of emotions. Maybe it's the alcohol, but I suddenly want to cry. "Can we go home?" My voice shakes, and Minho seems to take notice. He beckons for the check and pays for it hastily with his gold card. By this time, I've curled up in my seat, shaking with the effort of holding back tears. I feel Minho's jacket drape over me.

"Let's go," Minho whispers, his voice soft and warm in my ear. I nod, shivering, and I get up to follow him to the car, finally letting pointless tears spll and shatter onto the pavement.

 

The dinner had gone well. Better than I could have hoped. Now I'm driving back home, Taemin by my side staring out of the window. His tears have long subsided, although he still clings to my coat.

"Thank you," he says again. I look at him.

"For what?" I ask.

"Taking me out," he replies curtly. "And for..." He looks at my jacket and says nothing. I laugh softly.

"No problem," I say softly. I look back at the road. We're almost home, about fifteen more minutes to go, and suddenly the whole date comes crashing onto me. We had laughed and gotten along. We had even flirted a little. He had found out a little about me and I had found out a little about him. And he cried. He cried in front of me.

"Minho, when I was crying...." It's like he can read my mind. "I don't know why."

"It was probably the wine," I say softly. He mutters something before switching positions and laying his head on my arm. He wriggles a little before settling down.

He's snuggling! I realize. I want to remind him of the deal, but I don't have the heart to. He feels too soft and warm on my arm. I keep driving as if nothing's happening, but my heart's beating erratically in my chest. Then, with only ten minutes left on the clock, I make my move. I drape my arm around his body and slide his head up to my shoulder. I wait for him to protest, but he doesn't. He just closes his eyes and sighs comfortably, relaxing as I hold him.

"I'm so sorry," he whispers finally as we slip into the 4 minute zone.

"For what?" I ask in an equally low voice, afraid that my words would shake if I spoke up.

"Drive," he orders, his body slacking as he dodges the question. I would pr, but I don't want him to pull away. I just want to hold him. I just want to touch him like this, hand securing him to me. I won't let him go.

Finally, we pull into the driveway, and I cling for a moment longer before releasing him.

"Minho," he starts, but he clamps his lips shut. I get out of the car and open his door for him. We both keep a safe distance as we go back into the house, the whole building smelling like friend chicken and crayons. I look at him, feeling the sparks tango between us. I want to touch him, and yet I want to run from him. Flee from the confusion and fustration he brings. We reach his room, which I realize that we'd been walking to this whole time.

"Good night," I whisper. He turns as I open the door and stretches up. He kisses my cheek softly, his lips meeting heated skin.

"About the deal," he says softly. I can only make a half-strangled sound through my shock. "Let's call it off." I back away and raise an eyebrow, but he only smiles sheepishly and looks down.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"I... Yes," he says with conviction. He looks up and we just freeze like that for a moment before he ducks into his room and slams the door in my face. "Good night," he says from behind the door, his voice muffled by the layers of wood between us.

"Good night," I reply, touching the door before peeling off for my room. I take a running leap as I dash in through the door, landing on the bed with a grunt. I sigh and roll onto my back, staring at the canopy above my bed. I close my eyes and feel Taemin's kiss burning into my cheek.

I'd had countless kisses before. Hot, y, sweet kisses. Short, delicious pecks on the lips. Fevered, frenzied kisses that threatened to swallow either one of our mouths.

And then there was Taemin's kiss.

It was short, sweet, and oh so perfect. I touch the spot with shaking fingers and, without thinking, bring my hand to my lips. I lean my head back, feeling myself sinking into the mattress. The thought of his lips on my skin- anywhere on my skin- makes my heart slam again and again into my sternum. I roll to the side, my hand still on my mouth.

It had been a long day. Now all I want is sleep.

Sleep and Taemin.

 

I lean against my wall, my hand over my chest and the taste of Minho still on my lips. I catch my breath before staggering over to my bed. I fall face down onto the mattress, deflating with a long breath.

"I kissed him," I whisper. I sit up immediately, suddenly giddy. "I kissed him!" I jump up and down on the bed. "I KISSED HIM! I KISSED HIM!" The words spring up from my stomach as I celebrate. I plop onto my , bouncing once more before settling on the bed.

Why am I celebrating? I wonder, gathering one of my pillows in a hug. I rest my face in it, letting it gather the blush that steals over my skin.

"Oh ," I hiss. "I like him."

I like Choi Minho.

Can life get any worse?

I like Choi Minho.

 

I wake up with my lips pressed to my fingers, Taemin's kiss still resting on my face. I sit up groggily, my eyes landing on the maid that's cleaning my room. She looks up and blushes.

"Good morning master Minho," she says softly. I groan and lie back.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Eight thirty," she says, laying down her duster and rubbing her shoulders. I sit up and get to my feet. I walk in front of the mirror and run a hand through my hair. I notice that I'm still wearing my suit. I smooth out the wrinkles, too lazy to change.

"What's your name?" I ask the maid as I go to the bathroom and start brushing my teeth.

"S-seohyun," she says softly. She looks up at me with doe eyes as she comes in to clean the bathroom walls. I look at her from the corner of my eye. With a slim figure and soft, kissable skin, I'd her in a heartbeat.

Except I don't want to.

I don't want anyone else. Just-

"Master Minho," she says softly, blinking and standing straight.

"Yes?" I ask. She looks down and blushes.

"I... er... I heard that you... well..." She looks away before fixing her eyes on me. "Will you sleep with me?"

"What?" I ask, shocked. She looks down.

"I heard that you... do these things," she whispers. I'm about to yell when I catch myself.

"That's true. I used to," I say softly, relaxing. She looks up, half-hopeful.

"Then-"

"But not anymore," I say firmly. She tilts her head. She's not hurt, just curious.

"Why not?" she asks. I open my mouth to answer, but I find that I have nothing elaborate to explain why.

"I like someone else," I say, "and I don't want anyone but h- THEM."

"I see," Seohyun says, bowing. She leaves, and I lean against the sink. I finally said it.

I like Taemin.

I like him, I catch myself, but I don't love him.

So the bet's still on.

 

A/N - Ahhhh... Life be in =3= THANK YOU LOYAL SUBBIES!

For your loyalty,

TWO pic spam!

44434ix8.jpg

2min-fanart-part2-6.jpg?w=460&h=370

More to come! Comments are love~!

P.S : Extra Nom Noms to the one who can tell the reference I slipped into the beginning.