Shocking News

The devil beside me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At 5 PM Hyomin went home from work. when she reached her apartment, she immediately heading her bedroom even though she saw Eunjung was sitting in the living room. She ignored Eunjung and didn't even say hey to her. Eunjung was wondering what's wrong with that girl? Why she ignore her?.

Eunjung  :"Hyomin-ah what's wrong?".

She got up from her wheelchair then slowly walked into Hyomin's bedroom. Hyomin turned her head towards the door and noticed Eunjung was standing at the door on her own feet.

Eunjung :"Are you surprised? Yeah I can walk on my own feet now".

Hyomin :"Hhmm it's not even a great thing. I'm not surprised at all. Of course you would walk again after did some therapy".She took off her clothes and changed into a bathrobe. 

Eunjung :"Aren't you glad to see me walk on my own feet?". This isn't what she expected. She thought Hyomin would jump into her arms and give her a hug or some kisses when Hyomin notices that she can walk again. 

Hyomin  :"Yeah, I'm happy chukkae Eunjung-ah. Now let me take a shower. You can leave now". Then she walked into the bathroom. 

Eunjung :"What happened? Why did she act cold to me? Does she really find that I'm lying about my amnesia? Maybe Kyuri was right, it's not easy to fool Hyomin. What do I do now? I have to do something to convince her".

*****

30 minutes later, Hyomin finished taking a shower then preparing herself to meet Taecyeon. Eunjung knocked the door then came in Hyomin's bedroom.

Hyomin  :"What's goin on? Need something?".She said without looking at Eunjung. 

Eunjung :"No. Why do you put your makeup on? Do you wanna meet someone?".

Hyomin  :"Mmm.. why you ask me?".

Eunjung :"Who are you going to meet?".

Hyomin  :"What's wrong? Are you okay? Why suddenly you talk much to me? Do you remember me now?".

Eunjung :"(Does she know that I'm lying? I have to convince her. I can't  get caught now) Not yet. But I think, I need to know who you're going to meet".

Hyomin  :"Why? Why you want to know? Do you hide something from me?". She stop applying her makeup then faced Eunjung".

Eunjung :"Aren't you my girlfriend? I think I have the right to ask you anything". She's acting innocent so that Hyomin won't suspect her. And it worked. Hyomin looked amazed after she heard Eunjung's statement. 

Hyomin  :"What? Can you accept the fact that we're dating? (I think she really lost her memory). Finally she smiled.

Eunjung :"Yeah. So, may I know who are you going to meet?".

Hyomin  :"Just a patient. she really needs me now".

Eunjung  :"I watched news today. they said a model was diagnosed a mental health issue.  And I saw you in TV too. They said you're her doctor. So, you wanna meet that patient tonight?".

She couldn't hold herself to not ask about Jiyeon. She has known all and she really want to know. Hyomin looked so shocked but she tried to stay calm.

Hyomin  :"You watched news?  Aah yeah she's the patient that I will meet tonight. she's not only a patient to me but she's also my future sister. Our parents will get married. Do you remember a girl who talked to you on video call? it was her. Her name is Park Jiyeon". She looked at Eunjung's reaction closely and she's trying to read her mind.

Eunjung :"(What's her plan now? I hope she doesn't know anything about us. I can't let her hurt Jiyeon. She's dangerous. She's insane), Oh arraso. I can't remember her face clearly. And in the news they blurred out her face. so I can't see it. I hope I can meet your sister someday". Her acting was so good, even Hyomin was convinced by Eunjung's acting. 

Hyomin  :"Oh yeah sure. I'll let you meet her someday. Now I have to go Eunjung-ah. Kyuri will come here to take care of you". 

Eunjung :"Arraso".

Eunjung left Hyomin's bedroom then headed living room. And 10 minutes later ,Hyomin came out of her room after prepared herself and she saw Eunjung and Kyuri were sitting in the living room.

Hyomin :"Oh Kyuri-ah you're here already!  Please take care of Jungie, I have to meet my patient tonight".

Kyuri     :"Of course. Don't worry, Doctor. I'll take care of her".

Hyomin :"Just call me by my name, Kyuri-ah".

Kyuri      :"Okay Hyomin-ah".She smiled.

Hyomin  :"Eunjung-ah I'm going now. Don't sleep too late!".She came to Jungie then gave her a goodbye hug.

Eunjung  :"Yeah I know. Please drive safely!"

*****

Right after Hyomin walked out the door and closed it, Eunjung immediately got up from sofa and pulled Kyuri's hand.

Eunjung  :"Let's follow her!".

Kyuri       :"What?".

Eunjung  :"There's no time to explain it now. let's go!".

Kyuri just followed Eunjung to stalk Hyomin even though she didn't understand why suddenly Eunjung asked her to do it. They managed to follow Hyomin behind after made sure to keep their distance and stay unnoticed. After 20 minutes driving,  Hyomin stopped her car in front of a restaurant. They wait until Hyomin came into the restaurant, then they step out the car and come in through the backdoor Of the restaurant. They saw Hyomin was talking on her phone. Eunjung and Kyuri got a table that's close enough from Hyomin's table. They're just separated by thin carved-wood wall.  And they even can see Hyomin through the small holes in that wooden wall.

Kyuri     :"What's she doing here? I thought she will go to hospital".

Eunjung:"Sshh.. low your voice! We will know later".She keep observing. 

Kyuri     :"Why you follow her? Are  you worried she will cheat on you?". She whispered. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter