chilling out and a reunion

One Of A Kind

For some reason, I just got interested with SuJu's Kim Heechul. He's just in this chapter and the next I guess.

 

 

"Uncle, did you sent Gianna somewhere?" Ji Eun barged to his uncle's office.
Her uncle looked at her and creased his brows. "no. She took a week off. why?"
"A week off? it's not her. She always tells us if she's going somewhere. When did her off started?"
"yesterday. why?"
"Her phone is off and she's not in her house. She's not at the curves either."
"ha? She didn't mention anything to any of you?" her uncle started to panic.
"Did something happened here?"
"We failed at the bidding for the Theme park in Hongkong. She was looking forward to the project. She really worked hard on it."
"Oh," Ji Eun put her both hands on her face. "Let me know when you have any information on her,"
Ji Eun called Sun young for a meet up. "that girl vanished." She explained what happened at the company.
"She really has her way to make people worry. GD was here earlier asking for her as well. I think those two were dating."
"That's not important right now. You know how accident prone that idiot is," Ji Eun started calling their friends.
Gianna had been sitting for the whole morning at the hotel's veranda. Her room is overlooking the mountain slope. She is enjoying watching the skiers playing in the slopes.
She packed up as soon as her boss informed her about the bidding. Disappointed and frustrated, she packed her snowboard stuff and left for Phoenix park. She turned off her cellphone as she doesn't want to talk to people at the moment.
She put a lot of effort on the project proposal and only to be rejected. It's not that it's her first time to get rejected but she was looking forward for the project.
She changed her clothes and carried her snow board outside. The cold crisp winter wind blew against her warm cheek.
It's been a while since she last hit the slopes. She tested her board. She slipped for the first try and finally got the hang of it after 10 minutes.
She spent the past hour snow boarding .She pushed herself to get tired.
"oh so pretty " she admired the snowboarder coming from the hill. She picked up her board and climbed the gondola for her last round.
She just slides when she got blinded by the light. She lost her balance and next thing she knew her were on the ground.
"hey, are you alright?" A hand was on her shoulder.
Gianna nodded and removed her goggles.
"hi, I'm Kim Hui cheol," the guy without any hesitation introduced himself.
Gianna half smiled and accepted the hand shake. "Gianna,"
"Gianna?" the guy raised his brows. "Foreigner?"
"local," Gianna answered in her local accent that throws the guy.
"Oh, you sure you're ok? I can bring you to the hospital,"
"I'm fine." Gianna answered flatly thinking she'll ditch the guy.
"Oh, let me help you carry your board back to your room," Hui cheol insisted.
Gianna sighed. "Sure," she got up and started walking.
"Are you here by yourself?" he asked.
"is solo not allowed in this resort?" Gianna shot back sending the message.
Hui Cheol looked embarrassed defended himself. "no. no. It's just unusual for ladies to be alone,"
"well I'm not one of those ladies. I am a woman,"
The statement made Hui Cheol shut his mouth.
"Thank you," Gianna reached for her board.
"You're staying here? which floor? I'll walk you in. I am in the 5th floor,"
Gianna started to get irritated with the guy.
Gianna tried not to show her annoyance towards the guy. She's not in the mood to talk. She's on the resort to cool her mind. "Look here...." Gianna stopped. "Mister, I appreciate your help. I can manage to go up to my room," she entered the elevator and pressed the close button right away.
Hui Cheol was left shaking his head. "So there are women who can resist my charm," he walked back to the mountain.
"Where were you?" Si won asked adjusting his poles.
"Bumped a girl and had to her back to her hotel,"
"Huh?" Sung min looked at him. "You escorted a girl or you were hitting on a girl,"
"Shush, are we all going to the event tonight?" Hui cheol asked instead.
"Sure we are. Gdragon and few from YG are coming. It will be a friendly party not a competition." Si won answered. "And you can bring guest,"
"Like I have someone to bring" Hui Cheol rolled his eyes. "Let's hit it and take a rest. I'm quite tired."
Hui Cheol left ahead of the group to do some shopping for his family. he decided to try the delicacies at the local resto before hitting the shops. The restaurant is quite full when he entered. the server asked him to wait for a while. he was about to sit when he spotted someone.
"Uhm, that girl on that table is my friend. I'll go sit with her," Hui Cheol walked in without waiting for the server to answer. "Hi! Full house. May I sit with you?"
Gianna looked around. She didn't say anything.
Hui Cheol pulled the chair in front of her and skimmed the menu. "so you're really alone." Hui Cheol looked at her. "I see you just arrived. What are you having?"
Gianna wanted to scream at the guy infront of her. She had too much annoyance from this guy at the slope and now at her table. "The last time I checked, we don't know each other. I don't know why you're in my table," She said in arrogance.
"sorry about that. I crossed the line." He apologized.
Gianna didn't say anything and continued tapping her ipad. She received a lot of email from Ji Eun and Sun young demanding where she is. "these girls," she muttered and called Ji Eun. "hey, am ok. You don't have to worry. I'll be down this weekend. I'll see you at the shop" she hung up and turned to Hui Cheol. "You don't look like a celebrity? That girl on your 3'o clock keep on looking and aiming her cellphone at you,"
Hui Cheol looked at her in disbelief and slowly turned to her right. "Ahm... you know super junior?"
Gianna's face went blank trying to think where she heard that name. She shrugged. "what company is that?"
"SM company," Hui Cheol answereed
"SM? I never heard about that. What do you do? trades?"
"huh?" Hui Cheol was like frustrated. "you really never heard of the pop singer super junior?" Gianna shook her head. "Oh, ok. You grew up abroad?"
"Do I look like?" Gianna shot back,"
"Ahm, I'm surprised you don't know them."
Gianna leaned a little bit closer to hui Cheol. " you are one of the super junior?" Gianna got her answer by hui Cheol's eyes alone. She leaned back. "Why am I so clueless about pop idols?"
"You don't have any idea who are the super junior?" Hui cheol can't believe it himself that there's someone in Korea who doesn't know them. "Are you living in korea or just visiting?"
"Don't fill your head with the idea that just because you are an idol, all the people in korea know you," Gianna shot back.
Hui Cheol was a bit embarrassed. "uh..I don't mean that but I was just surprised you don't know us,"
Before Gianna could answer her food arrived.
"Hmmm, nice choice. We always order that every time we come here. Sung Min loves that. He will fight for the last one," Hui Cheol said.
Gianna just smiled. "I'll go ahead. You wait for your food."
Gianna was half way her food when she got startled by the appearance of boys in their table.
"So that's why you left us" Dong hae eyed Hui Cheol.
Hui Cheol tried to defend and explain himself.
"So you're coming tonight then. You said you don't have a date that's why you're ditching the party," Dong Hae said teasing.
"We'll see you later," Si won dragged the 3 boys out from the table and winked at Gianna.
"Are those your bandmate?" Gianna asked.
"Oh, sorry I didn't even introduced them. They think we're dating,"
"don't we look like?" Gianna rolled her eyes.
"Oh, do you have time tonight?" Hui Cheol suddenly asked.
Gianna can't take it anymore. "Mister, you're acting like we know each other. And if you're trying to hit on me just because you're an idol, forget it." she waved at the server.
"hey, I am not... look... Ok, I'm sorry if I appeared that way." Hui Cheol tried to apologize but starting to lose his words. "I didn't mean it,"
"you may be older than me but let me give you an advice. Don't randomly share girl's table. Sometimes girls wanted to be alone and I am one of those girls"
Hui Cheol was way too embarrassed. "I apologized. It's that..."
Gianna cut him. She grabbed him and dragged him out.
"ya, I haven't had my lunch yet," Hui cheol was wondering what was going on.
"Shh...do me a favor and walk casually," Gianna shielding herself with Hui Cheol's body.
"Who are you trying to hide from?" Hui Cheol faced her as soon as they get out of the door.
"Someone that doesn't concern you. Thank you very much," she smiled. "you can go back and finish your meal,"
Hui cheol didn't let it pass. "Miss, you dragged me out of my meal, how about compensating me,"
"Compen....? ha!"
He cut her. "or should I announce at the restaurant your name?"
Gianna glared at Hui Cheol ready to devour him. "what is it?"
"Come with me at the party tonight,"
"Party? Look here, I didn't come here to attend some..." she pause when she saw Hui cheol looking inside. "Fine. What's the theme? I don't have clothes for party,"
Hui Cheol's face brightened. "Really? let's go shopping,"

"Are you sure this dress is fine?" Gianna hesitated to come out of her hotel room when Hui cheol picked her up.

"You're fine. It's a fund raising." Hui Cheol offered his arms. "My band mates will sure be teasing me but don't worry about them."

Gianna smiled and followed Hui Cheol in the hall. She looked around. It's a small party. No media present. She saw familiar faces she only saw in TV and newspaper.

Super junior crowded around HuiCheol and Gianna.

"Gianna, this is Sung Min, Si won, dong Hae and ye sung. The others didn't come." Hui Cheol introduced.

"Hi," Gianna greeted shyly.

"Nice to meet you," Dong hae was the first to shake her hand. "don't swayed by Hui Cheol's words," he whispered and smiled at her.

"ya Dong hae!," Hui Cheol pulled him away from Gianna.

"Just giving a fair warning to our lady here," Dong hae winked at Gianna.

"oh, the kids are here," Hui Cheol changed the topic when he saw the group of their junior came in."Isn't that the new manager?"

"I heard she makes her way," Sung min commented.

Gianna separated herself from Hui Cheol. She blended and tried not to be recognized as Hui cheol's date for the night.

"gotcha," gianna caught the glass. It slipped from the lady's hand.

"oh my God! that was quick," the lady thank her. "thank you very much,"

"any one will do it." Gianna said. "At least it didn't ruin your dress,"

The lady smiled. "I'm jasmine Chen," she offered a hand shake.

"Yoon Jae Shin," She accepted the hand shake.

"Which company are you from or are you one of these boy's date?" jasmine asked.

"Cypress Architectural Firm and I was dragged here out of my will," Gianna answered.

"Oh, you an architect?" Gianna nodded. "hang on, CAF? you're not by chance related to the architect Yoon Goo So"

Gianna smiled. "he's my father,"

"You're fath.. father?" Jasmine was surprised. "Hey let's find a place to talk."

Gianna shrugged. The lady know her father? She followed her and sat across her. "you knew my father?"

"No. Not really. he's well known in the field." jasmine answered. "hang on, if you're his daughter, have you by chance been to taiwan?"

"Hmm yeah. My dad took us along when I was 9 years old. We stayed there for a year." Gianna remembered her first overseas travel. "That was my first time going outside the country."

"Oh my God! What a small world," Jasmine hugged Gianna. "Gianna!"

Gianna pushed jasmine. "How did you know my english name. I don't remember mentioning it."

"Kwon Hyun Jae," Jasmine whispered to Gianna.

"Kwon Hyun Jae?" Gianna repeated. The name doesn't ring a bell. She shook her head. "I'm sorry but I don't remember meeting you,"

"Your family came to Taiwan to build a hospital. We hit it off because we both speak korean. I was the one who gave you the name Gianna."

Something flashed at Gianna's memory. "oh....You mean you are..."

"Shhhh. Nobody knows my identity here yet," jasmine whispered.

"Oh my God!Unni!" Gianna shrieked and hugged jasmine. "What a small world,"

"So how's your father? I've been trying to find him," Jasmine said.

"My parents passed away 4 years ago," Gianna answered.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. So you followed your father's footstep," Gianna nodded. "Uhm, what brought an architect to this party?"

"Some jerk dragged me here but then I'm thankful to that jerk," Gianna laughed.

"oh, hmm, much that I want to talk to you more, I have kids to take care. Oh, by the way. Those kids gathered at that table," Jasmine pointed. "Am in charge training them to speak English. I'll ask them to come over and converse with you. Let me know how they fare."

Gianna smile. "sure."

Jasmine left and walked towards the 5 boys. "Okay listen. This is your first challenge for the night. You saw the lady I just spoke with. She's kind of interesting and I want to know more about her. I'm not sure if she can speak Korean. Ask anything about her."

The five boys walked towards Gianna. Gianna herself was impressed by the level of their English knowledge. "you have a good teacher. I haven't met any idol with this level of English. Good! I think you guys will do good. Oh.."She paused.

"oh, our boys are with a pretty lady," Hui Cheol popped in.

"Hyung," the five boys bowed to Hui Cheol.

"Looks like you're having great time with this lady. May I borrow her?" Hui Cheol smiled.

"Thank you for your time, miss," the oldest of the group said in English that made Hui Cheol looked at the boys.

"Don't mention it. I'll be sure meeting you often" Gianna winked.

"hey, what's going on here?" Hui Cheol seems lost.

"Oh, tell your teacher to call me. I have something to discuss with her. Now hurry before this hyung do something,"

"What was that all about?" Hui Cheol cornered her.

Gianna ignored him and walked to refill her drink. Jasmine met her at the counter and they conversed in mandarin. They were both having fun when Gianna spotted familiar face. "Oh, damn!"

"What's wrong?" Jasmine looked at the uneasy Gianna.

"When that man comes tell him that you brought me here."

"Yoon Jae Shin?" the man came closer to them. "Ha, what's a girl doing here? Don't tell me you're dating one of the boys here,"

"Oppa," Gianna don't know where to start. Her cousin's husband loves to . "Did you bring unni?"

"She's at the room. She was tired skiing. You? Who did you come with?"

"Ah, I originally came to test my snowboard. This is Jasmine Chen. She invited me to the party," Gianna introduced. "Unni, this is Kwan Joong Ki."

"Nice to meet you," jasmine extended her arm. "But I think we met before. I'm under Phoenix Music,"

"Oh. So you're the one who stirred up Phoenix entertainment. I'm with YG entertainment. I didn't know our Gianna had friends in the entertainment industry."

"Oppa," Gianna said in warning tone.

"Ok.Ok," he raised his 2 hands. "I'll mention to my wife you're here. You 2 can go skiing in the morning. And Miss Chen, it's nice to meet you,"

Jasmine smiled. "He's your brother in law. Why do you look like afraid?"

"he won't stay still if he'll find out I came with a man. They all wanted me to get married. Argh" Gianna rolled her eyes. "unni, are you married?"

Jasmine made a half laugh. "I totally understand your plight. Let's say we are in the same situation. Are you dating someone?"

"I don't have.....unni..unni ," Too late for Gianna to hide.

"Gianna?" Ji yong ran into them at the counter.

"uhhh, Hi?" Gianna forced herself to smile.

"Ya, you made everybody worry and running around to find you and you're here enjoying yourself?" Ji yong said angrily.

"Huh?" Gianna looked at Ji yong. "Excuse me?"

"Do you know how worried I am when I didn't find you at house and your best friend had no idea where you are?"

"uhm...excuse me?" jasmine in. "what's going on here?"

The 2 ignored her.

"My bestfriends know me better. If I can't be reached they know where to find me. And why does it concern you. The last time I checked we were not that close." Gianna barked at Ji yong.

"It's...because...You.." Ji yong stammered.

"Oh GD!" Hui Cheol put an arm around Ji yong.

"Oh Hui Cheol Hyung," Ji yong was startled.

Gianna looked at the two guys.

"Gianna, let's leave these guys here." Jasmine was fast to rescue. Gianno nodded and followed Jasmine. "Are you dating those 2? I prefer GD though,"

"unni,"

"Gdragon seems concern about you."

"He's a pest," Gianna blurted.

"oh by the way, I just remembered. The company in Taiwan is trying to find your father. They wanted your father to design another hospital building. I think they haven't heard of your father passing away. uhmmmm," Jasmine looked at Gianna. "why don't you give it a try?"

"What do you mean?Me?" Gianna pointed at herself. "no..no.. definitely no. I can't surpass my father,"

"We definitely need to meet in Seoul. I'll pay you a visit when we get back to Seoul,"

"Sure. And oh, you did good job with your boys. yeah, I think we'll be meeting often,"

"You think so? I'm happy to help these boys. But hey, is something going on with you and Hui Cheol?"

"I just met him at the slope yesterday,"

"He's not that easy person I tell ya. I heard a lot about him. I'm warning you, he might pursue you," Jasmine said.

"Oh please. I had enough of idols. They are pain in the ,"

"Are you telling me that you and GD are dating?" jasmine asked smiling wickedly.

Gianna pretended to shiver. "No way. Unni, I need to leave and visit my cousin,"

"I'll see you in Seoul,"