when you can't say no

One Of A Kind

Gianna struggled to open the door. She was on the phone and her both hands were loaded with folders. Her purse dropping to the ground. A hand opened the door for her. She looked up and was surprise to see Jiyong. She didn't even acknowledge Jiyong and went ahead. Jiyong followed her inside the house.
She dropped the files and her purse in the counter. She started pulling veggies from the fridge while still talking on the phone.
Jiyong just stood across the counter looking at her.
"I'll get the first draft done by friday and you can come at our office in the afternoon. I'll see you on friday then," Gianna hung up and faced Ji yong. "Do you have that enough time to be hanging around here?"

"Checking on my master. You changed the key pass.

Gianna shrugged. "Well some people comes and goes in my house. Does it bother you?"
"I am still your serva..."
Gianna cut him. "the contract ended when I had the cast off. There's no more reason for you to be coming here."
"I .."
Gianna spoke before Jiyong could even start. "Can you cut the veggies please. I need to change and shower." she left him staring at her back.
Jiyong was struggling how to cut the veggies. he hasn't done anything when Gianna came out of her room.
"You kept insisting being my servant and yet you can't cut peppers?" Gianna grabbed the peppers and showed Jiyong how to do it.
"You should learn how to cook," Gianna commented and started making the sauce for the pasta.
"You can start teaching me," Ji yong teased.
"You can start with the pasta sauce," Gianna shove the mushroom and onions to him.
"What will I do with this?"
"Sautee till the onion turns brown and then pour the sauce and you're done,"
"That easy?" Ji yong grabbed the apron and the stove."
"Lemme check the chicken," Gianna opened the oven. Her robe hung open.
Jiyong swalowed trying not to stare at Gianna's chest. He turned around to relieve his eyes.
"Wanna cut the chicken?" Gianna asked.
Jiyong turned to face Gianna. "Oh ok. I'll finish up here. Why don't you go and change?"
"Huh?" Gianna looked at her robe and fasten the belt. "Oh, be sure to make the fire on medium," she ran to her bedroom.
The table was already set when Gianna returned to the kitchen. She sat down and tried the pasta. her facial showed that Jiyong failed.
"What? It's not good?" Jiyong asked.
"Burnt but eatable. Why don't you try?"
They ate in silence. Some casual topic comes and goes. Gianna loaded the dishes in the washer and prepared her usual tea before sleeping. "Want some tea?"
"Sure." Jiyong didn't decline as he wants to stay longer.
"it's chamomile. Helps in sleeping." Gianna sets the cup infront of Ji yong.
"You're not even asking me how was our concert in the US," Ji yong pouts.
"There's no point in asking. It's obvious you did great," Gianna continued to antagonize ji yong.
"Oh, I got you something," Jiyong reached for his bag.
"What a considerate servant," Gianna reached for the box. "I hope it's not something scary," she opened it and was awed. "You... what is this? this is a fake is it?" Gianna tried to make a joke.
"Here let me help you wear it," Jiyong took the box from Gianna and took out the necklace.
Gianna stood still and was unable to move. She was caught off guard.
Ji yong fastened the necklace and looked at her. "Looks good on you."
Gianna made a half laugh and a single huh. She looked at Ji yong suspiciously. "Seriously, you shouldn't have ..." Gianna turned to her beeping cellphone. She picked it up. A reminder to book a flight. " Aw.. " she started dialing the flight agency. "Hi Mike, can you book me an earliest flight to Jeju on saturday and return on monday morning. Book me to the same hotel you booked me in last time. Thanks."
"You're going to Jeju?" Jiyong asked when Gianna hung up.
Gianna shrugged.
"I'm coming with you."
Gianna turned and faced him. "Ya Kwon Jiyong. Why are you doing this? I told you were relieved of your servant duties,"
"Hmm.... I still feel guilty," Jiyong can't think of any other reason.
"And I told you I'm ok." Gianna turned back to her desk.
Jiyong the TV and stretched comfortably at the couch. "Is the TV disturbing you?"
"Nah, I'm used to working with the TV on," Gianna answereed while working on a draft.
Gianna was absorbed with the draft she's working on. She sat back to give her hand a rest and sipped her coffee. She was startled by a phone ring. She looked around and saw Jiyong sleeping peacefully. She picked up the phone. It's TOP. after the ring ended, it rang again and again. All his band mate was calling him. "hey," she slightly shook his shoulder. "wake up,"
"huh?" Jiyong stirred. His vision still hazy. He jumped up when he recognized Gianna standing above him. "Sorry,"
"Your bandmates kept calling. It might be important," Gianna hand him his cellphone.
"Oh TOP, what's up?" Ji yong first called TOP.
"Ya!"It was a desperate scream. "Where are you? We are stuck in an emergency,"
"What's going on?"
"Some foreign reporters asked for an interview. Sol think he can't handle. It's too late to call some translators. Just come down here and we'll figure out this,"
"Whose idea to grant them interview?" Ji yong face turned dark.
Jiyong turned to Gianna and covered the mouth piece. "Go change. We're going for a short drive,"?""
"huh?," Gianna didn't even looked from what she's doing..
"What other languages you speak aside fromEnglish?"
"I am quite fluent in mandarin. Why?"
"Go get dress. We need a translator and we don't have anyone on stand by," It was more of a command than a request.
"Huh? I have a draft to finish," Gianna pleaded.
"Please. " Jiyong begged. "TOP, hold them for 10- 15 minutes. we'll be there shortly."
Gianna didn't have a choice. She walked to her bedroom glaring at Jiyong.
"We'll use my car," Jiyong said and jumped to the driver's seat. "I apologize for this but we have to do this interview for our Europe tour,"
"Like I can do something," Gianna checked herself at the mirror,"
They arrived in less than fifteen minutes. Both ran to the waiting room. Gianna in her heels struggling to catch up with Jiyong.
"Oh, you're here!" Seung ri was the first to see them but his eyes were on Gianna.
TOP looked at Ji yong sharply demanding for an explanation.
"we'll talk later." Ji yong brushed pass him. "Fill me what's going on,"
"The president just called us and organized this interview. They speak korean but not all of them." Dae sung filled in. "we called our manager and he frantically calling every english speaking person he knew but can't find some one free at this time."
"Thanks for coming," TOP acknowledged Gianna,
"Oh, my fee is expensive. I am not a translator." Gianna joked.
"Oh, I'm Seung ri," Seung ri extended her hand. He wanted to know who was the girl Ji yong was with.
"Gianna," She accepted tha hand shake.
"Gianna? uh.. hyung...the..." Seung ri don't know how to react.
"How many minutes we have left?" Ji yong changed the topic.
"30 minutes. That should be enough to do our makeup and the thing," Sol answered.
"Noona, are you and.."
"Seungri," Jiyong look at him threatening."Don't blabber anything, will ya,"
The interview  started immediately with question of their upcoming Europe tour. Tae yang was able to answer some question and the other answered in korean.
One reporter threw a question in a deep english. The five looked at each other trying to figure what the reporter just asked.
Gianna who was sitting behind the group leaned forward between TOP and Jiyong and whispered the question.
TOP smiled at the reporters and answered the question beaming. Jiyong added about the question.
One reporter suddenly asked in french. The group was thrown off guard. They didn't expect that coming. They all looked at their manager who was sweating at the side and shaking his head.
Gianna was fast to rescue and whispered to Jiyong.
Jiyong was able to answer and explain what the reporters wanted to know.
The interview ended successfully.
"Damn! that was scary. I was hella nervous," Tae yang confessed. "Thanks for the rescue" he offered a handshake to Gianna which she accepted. "we're not properly introduced. Thanks to our selfish GD here. I'm Tae yang. Sol to my bandmate. Young bae to my family,"
"It's a pleasure to meet you and oh don't thank me, I'll send you the bill," she joked.
"I can't even talk," Dae sung added. "Thanks for coming," he offered also a hand shake.
"Did you even hear me say something?" Seung ri who was known to be talkative was quiet the whole press con. "Noona, the last who asked was in French right?"
"Oh," Gianna nodded.
"You know french too?" TOP turned to Gianna.
"Just the basic. Oh, I need to leave. I have something waiting at my house,"
"Let's go for a drink for an hour,"seung ri in. "It's our first time meeting you. Let's go celebrate,"
"Tab is on me," TOP said.
The four boys turned to TOP. He never invites girls to thier drinking sprees.
"hyung, are we hearing it right." Seungri put an arm around top. "or just for girls," he whispered the last words.
TOP elbowed Seung ri and moved closer to Gianna. "Let's go for just one round. To thank you,"
Gianna glared at Ji yong sending the message "you're going to pay for this," She smiled at Seung ri.

 

 

Have a good afternoon!