Present day

The Chanxing Letters

 Present Day (Age 35)

 

Chanyeol, my friend!

I bet you’re surprised to see me writing an actual letter again. Paper is such an old world thing. I’m convinced that in 100 years we’ll never use it at all, and that the world’s tree population will be astronomical from all the saved and precious tree trunks. But probably not, because no doubt by then we’ll be living in a post-nuclear age and have no electricity and evil woodcutters will flourish in their search for trees to kill. My precious Redwoods will be destroyed but I won’t care because I’ll be dead too by then.

I digress. I was cleaning out a desk in the attic and found some old stationary. Isn’t it pretty? I should throw this crap away, but then that’s a waste. I even dug up a stamp for mailing and I’ll undoubtedly have to walk to the post office to drop this off. I feel industrious already.

Chanyeol have you missed me? I probably don’t respond as well as I used to. I lost my flippin’ phone the other day and am waiting for a new one to arrive in the mail. Probably I’ll talk to you before this letter even arrives but I’m bored now, and I miss you, and I just really wanted to talk to you. No point in rambling any longer now though. I’m just wasting time before I head out to play with my niece. I’m babysitting today. Fantastic. I think we’ll go hiking.

Miss you always, but I’ve already said that. Burn this when it arrives, okay? Light it up by a slow flame and watch it turn to ash. Whoever said romance was dead? Haha.

I’m out, but just for nostalgia’s sake I’ll sign this in big swirly letters.

Lay aka Yixing aka your best and longest friend and favorite person in the world

 



 

Lay! You dunce.

I just got your letter in the mail but unlike you, I can’t find a single piece of paper in my house and I’m a bum so I’m not going out to by paper just for you. Maybe your prediction will come true sooner than you think. Here, take an email from me. By the way, haven’t you gotten your new phone yet? How am I supposed to talk to my best and longest friend and favorite person in the world if you won’t call me? Who can I complain to about my life if you won’t call me? Oh, and I’m not burning your letter. I mean I could but I’d probably burn my flat out and the whole building would collapse in fire and it’d be your fault entirely. Do you really want the weight of the world on your shoulders?

 I got those plane tickets we were talking about. Expect me to be in your town next month and we can finally do all those things we’ve been planning to do since forever ago. Hell yeah. I’m going to look so great on the beach.

 FYI. I’m a little stoked that we’re going to be meeting for the very first time. How many years has it been? 25? Damn. What have we been doing with our lives that we have all these wasted years? Oh well, this is what new beginnings are for, right?

See you soon buddy.

Chanyeol

 

 



 

Hello! So I know this is a strange format, but I hope it will make sense for people when you start read it. I'm beginning in the present day, and then next chapter will be jump back 25 years to when they are kids. I'm unsure yet whether I'll go back and forth between the farthest timeline and the next recent timeline, or just follow the story chronologically. I have several off their 'communication sequences' already written though so once I finalize my plans, you'll probably see this updated rather quickly. 

Also, just so you know, starting out: Chanyeol is Korean, Yixing is Chinese-American and both are 35 in the present day.

Hope you enjoy this rather unconventional pairing and storyline! 

<3 Rosie