The Guardian Angel

The Silver Guardian

- Story view -

"Bingsoo ya, patbingsoo ya. I love you I love you..."

"Kim Taeyeon stop being weird."

"I'm not weird," Taeyeon protested, rolling her eyes at Sunny who stopped her from singing.

The two girls often went on patbingsoo dates, as they would call it. Sunny would eat the peanuts which Taeyeon was allergic to, and Taeyeon would eat the red beans which Sunny hated.

"Oh right, Taeyeon ah." Taeyeon looked up from the bowl of patbingsoo, at the mention of her name.

"Hmm?" She replied, putting a huge mouthful of dessert into before squeezing her eyes shut at the icy cold sensation.

"Recently...did you...meet anyone weird?"

Taeyeon opened her eyes at the sudden question, raising one of her eyebrows. "Uh, nope I guess... What do you even mean by 'anyone weird'?"

"Like," someone whose neck flares a silver sign, someone whose eyes are silver, someone who moves like teleporting, and more, Sunny wanted to say, but she only ended up saying, "I don't know. Someone who behaves...suspiciously or something?" Taeyeon only blinked a couple of times confusely and then she shook her head. "Is that so? Okay... I was jus-"

"Ah!" Sunny's eyes widened in surprise when Taeyeon suddenly exclaimed. "I think... I do know someone."

Sunny's back straightened as she focused on Taeyeon's eyes. "Who?"

The older girl hesitated for a moment. "You," she uttered, deadpan, before she let out a hearty laugh.

Sunny rolled her eyes almost instantly, her shoulders drooping from the relief of tension. "You need to get away from me. I think I'm allergic to you."

"Okay I'm sorry. I was just kidding Soonkyu yaaaaaa!" Taeyeon draped an arm across her friend's shoulder and pulled her close so that she could nuzzle up to her friend.

"Get away from me you alien puppy," Sunny snapped.

"I'm not the one who snores like an alien at night, just for your information." Taeyeon lifted her head and stuck her tongue out.

"You're an elementary school kid." The short girl gently knocked Taeyeon's head with her knuckle. "Really though, who have you been hanging out with these days?" She crossed her arms and rested them on the table, slightly leaning forward in the process.

"Uh, no one in particular? Why?"

How about that Silver Guardian? Sunny wondered, but she only shook her head, because pressing further would only puzzle Taeyeon. "Just asking. You've been really busy and Tiffany was just complaining to me this morning."

Taeyeon took another mouthful of dessert and chewed happily before she swallowed it. "Well, Tiffany complains too much!" It only made Sunny laugh as she shook her head.

***

It was a Saturday morning, and Jessica was enjoying her time snuggling deep in her blanket when her phone vibrated. Annoyed, she grabbed her blanket and pulled it up to cover her ears, not wanting to hear the vibration. When the phone wouldn't stop ringing, her blanket was thrown off with an angry sweep of her hand before she reached out for the phone. Forcing one eye open, she registered the name of the caller and her other eye opened too in slight surprise. The call got connected with her thumb swiping across the screen.

"Hello just Taeyeon..." Jessica lazily put her phone to her ear.

"Why did you take so long to pick up?"

"It's too early... I was sleeping..."

"It's not early. It's already one." Taeyeon's tone was as calm as ever, and heartwarming too.

Jessica smiled while she lazily sat up, stretching a little in the process. She let out a breath as she readied herself for the day. "Alright. Yes, I'm awake. Why did you call? Did something happen?"

"Can't I call you even if nothing happened?" Taeyeon's straightforwardness caught Jessica in surprise, and the girl couldn't answer all of a sudden. "Wait... Do you actually...mind...?" The tone took on a huge change, and a hint of disappointment was obvious.

"H-huh? No! My brain. It's my brain. I'm not awake yet. I don't mind a bit, boss!" Jessica was so flustered that she addressed Taeyeon as boss all of a sudden.

A giggle was heard through the receiver and Jessica found herself smiling as she calmed down. "It's Saturday. I'm not your boss."

"Yes. It's Saturday indeed," the slightly younger girl repeated, "So, you're just Taeyeon, right?"

"You and your 'just Taeyeon' again!"

Jessica only laughed. "Honestly though, what's the matter? Or did you just miss me?"

A short silence followed, and Jessica wondered if she had gotten a little too comfortable than she should have. She was about to speak up when Taeyeon's voice sounded through the receiver. "Yeah." Jessica's eyes widened a little, not expecting that answer. "Kinda."

"Woah." Jessica then chuckled. "The boss is saying that she misses me."

"So if I miss you, can I meet you for some coffee or something?"

Jessica was grinning so widely without herself knowing it. "Is Miss Kim Taeyeon asking me out on a date now?" She faked a gasp.

"So are you going or are you not?"

"I'm going only if you're buying me coffee. Oh and, churros too."

"Since when did I ever let you pay a cent when we went out for meals Miss Jessica Jung?"

"Oh, you're right." Jessica giggled. "Alright! Just for you, I shall get my lazy off my bed. Where shall I meet you? And what time?"

"Stay where you are. I'll be there to get you."

"You sound awfully like a boyfriend right now."

"That's because no guy would want you."

"Ya Kim Taeyeon!" Taeyeon only chuckled while Jessica pouted on the other end of the call.

"Alright quit joking around. Go and wash up. I'll be there soon."

Jessica smiled, and Taeyeon swore she could hear that smile. "Okay! I'll see you in a bit!"

It didn't take too long for the two girls to arrive at the cafe and they quickly settled into their seats comfortably. Taeyeon was furrowing her eyebrows while she seriously considered what to drink and Jessica found herself laughing. Her frown easing, Taeyeon looked up from the menu and gave Jessica a weird stare.

"What?"

Jessica smiled as she shook her head. "Nothing. You just looked like you were choosing who to marry."

"Seriously..." Taeyeon rolled her eyes before she went back to the menu. "I've decided. I'll go for a caffè latte. You?"

"Hmm, I'll get an iced Americano."

"Alright. I'll get us churros too. Is there anything else you wanna eat?"

"Not really," Jessica jutted her lower lip out and Taeyeon was finding it difficult to stop herself from telling the girl how cute she really was. "Anyway I'll go to the washroom for a bit."

The older girl only nodded and Jessica took her leave. Their orders arrived soon enough but Taeyeon wanted to wait for Jessica and she kept herself occupied by using her phone, not noticing her bag slowly slipping off her legs. When her bag finally dropped with a thud, she jumped in shock and quickly bent down from her side to pick her bag up. Little did she know that a waiter who was holding a tray holding four or five cups of piping hot coffee was coming up right behind her. Just at that moment, Jessica exited the washroom and almost instantly, her eyes locked on the girl. Her Silver Pulse flaring, she ran towards the girl as fast as she could, although she held back a little to not incur suspicion. Just in time, she stood herself between the waiter and Taeyeon, her right arm raised to fend away the tray holding the cups of coffee while her left arm held Taeyeon's right shoulder. The tray toppled over, and it would have badly scalded Jessica, if not for the fact that she released her Trail, successfully letting the coffee trickle down her Trail instead.

"Oh my gosh Jessica!" Taeyeon brushed off Jessica's hand on her shoulder and pulled Jessica closer to her by her shoulders. Frantically, Taeyeon's hands slid down from Jessica's shoulders to her arms, checking if the girl was hurt.

"Taeyeon I'm o"

"How did you...not get a single stain of coffee on you?" There was relief in Taeyeon's voice instead of suspicion, and Jessica found herself heaving a sigh of relief internally.

"I was afraid of getting scalded so I tilted the tray to the other side instead."

"Miss I'm so sorry are you okay?!" The waiter who only just recovered from shock quickly asked.

"Ah yes we're fine. So sorry about that," Jessica turned to face the waiter and gave him a friendly smile.

"No no I'm so sorry. I'll have this cleaned up."

Jessica only nodded while she smiled yet again before she sat herself down on her original seat.

"You gave me such a big shock!" Taeyeon complained, her eyes showing signs of anger.

"You scared me Kim Taeyeon," Jessica didn't back down as she looked straight into Taeyeon's eyes, her gaze unfaltering. "Didn't you see that he was approaching with all that hot coffee? What if he spilled them on you?"

"Why did you appear out of nowhere and stand in between us? So it matters if he spills them on me and it doesn't matter if he spills them on you?"

"It's not going to" hurt me a bit, Jessica almost said. "Okay okay... Let's not get upset at each other. Alright? I'm sorry for being impulsive. I just saw that you were in danger and I couldn't think straight. You're fine now and so am I. It's no biggie. Okay?" When Taeyeon continued staring at Jessica with a look of worry, mixed with some anger, Jessica pursed her lips and let out a breath. She then reached out for a churro and held it up in front of Taeyeon. "Have a churro will you, just Taeyeon?" The cheeky smile on Jessica's face finally got Taeyeon laughing as she took the churro over.

"Don't do that again. Don't ever do that again."

Jessica only nodded with a helpless smile. "Stop talking and ea—" Before she could finish her sentence, Taeyeon held up the churro in her hand right in front of Jessica's lips.

"And eat, right?" Taeyeon's smile was glowing with warmth. Jessica couldn't hold back a smile as she leaned forward to take a bite. "So? Is it good?"

Jessica nodded while she chewed, unable to take the smile off her own face. "Very."

 


[A/N] 8/9/2014

I guess this chapter came a little late today. But I'm still on time, right? :) I swear I didn't plan for thoes fluffy scenes, but inspiration (and warmth) struck so I had to write them. Damn, I can't even explain how good it felt when I was imagining and writing those parts. I hope you felt the same way like I did. Write me something? :)

Also, not too long ago, I wrote a story for Fly, Karma Butterfly and it was actually...written from my own experience. Believe it or not. My very own "TaengSic" experience where I...took Jessica's place. I had contemplated for really long whether I should write it, and eventually I did. It's called I'm Only Human. Check it out if you want to, but I've to warn you beforehand that it's extremely heartbreaking because...it happened.

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© Sky Blue Tales ✍