I'm Only Human

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'M ONLY HUMAN
(TaengSic)
OST: Human
Based on a true story

 

I can hold my breath. I can bite my tongue.

Jessica closes her eyes as the familiar choked feeling gets to her yet again. She presses her lips together in a futile attempt to suppress those emotions. That face doesn't simply flash past her mind this time round. That face stays. It haunts her.

I can stay awake for days. If that's what you want. Be your number one.

She unwillingly opens her eyes, while tears flow down the moment she blinks. She misses her. She wishes things can get back to where they were. She wishes to see her right away. But, she can't, and she knows that she will never get the chance again.

I can fake a smile. I can force a laugh.

She regrets. She regrets it all. She regrets ever receiving her love. Because right now, she has lost that love and she is barely surviving without it. She hopes that there is something that she can take so that she can forget everything. Everything they ever had. Everything they ever shared. Everything that reminds her of her.

I can dance and play the part, if that's what you ask. Give you all I am.

She recalls those times when she still had her by her side. "I've been trying, ever since the day I met you, to never make you feel anything other than happy." She remembers how touched she had felt when she heard that from her. How can I be happy now that you are not by my side any more? Jessica asks herself. "You remember me telling you that I don't want you to feel anything other than happiness? The fact that I just made you sad already makes me kind of hate myself. You don't have to tell me that you're fine. It's okay even if you're not, because what I said was... I just... I was an idiot. I just want you to be fine soon. I'm sorry..." She used to care so much. She craves for her hug, for her reassurance. Just once more. Just once.

I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.

She slightly looks up, hoping to hold those tears in her eyes. She's almost sick of crying over the same old thing, again and again. But she can't stop, nor forget a single thing about her. "Try letting your walls down. I know it's difficult for you, after dealing with every single one of those s who ended up leaving you. But at least try to do it, just for me. I dare to say, I'm worth the try." She bites hard on her teeth, the tears in her eyes are blinding her. She tried. She really tried. But she left. She left after she had convinced her to let her walls down. She left, when she needed her the most.

But I'm only human, and I bleed when I fall down.

I'm just a human. Jessica tells herself. She hates herself for believing those words. She hates herself for giving her all to her. Her heart, her courage, her care, her concern, her worry, her love. She almost regrets it. "I'm not quite someone who's good at words, or advices. Let me know if I ever say something inappropriate when you're feeling down, or anything. I don't think I'm the best confidante around, but I promise you that I'm gonna do my best." Lies. She never meant any of those words she said. But, Jessica still believ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter