The Hostile Encounter

The Silver Guardian

- Story view -

It was a month since the three girls last stepped foot into their favourite restaurant, and they were finally back here again, after barely finding space in their packed schedules.

"It's been so long. I've been craving for their food since last week," Sunny complained, playing with the utensils while they were waiting for their food.

"Come on. You could have come here on your own if you really wanted to eat that much," Taeyeon retorted, snatching the utensils from the girl's hands.

"But it's only good if I come here with you girls..." She pouted on purpose, in her attempt to annoy Taeyeon.

"Oh please. Please don't even do that." The slightly taller girl gently pushed away Sunny's face with her palm, causing Tiffany to let out a hearty laugh.

"Can't you two stop bickering for once?" Her laughter faded, but her charming eye-smile was still hanging on her face.

Their food didn't take too long to arrive, and the girls dug in without more words. It was only when they were more than half done, did they finally resume their catch up session.

"So how was your new staff?" Tiffany asked, before she filled with a satisfying piece of meat, slowly savouring the taste.

"Yeah, how was your new staff?" Sunny backed her friend up.

Taeyeon's blood boiled upon the mention of her new staff, who was none other than Jessica Jung. She swallowed the food with much force, her body too eager to start her complaints. "Oh my gosh. She... Damn. She's like... How do I even explain it?!"

"Woah, cool it honey. Take your time. I don't even know if you're upset at her or are you actually smitten with her," Tiffany teased, and she earned a glare from the older girl. "Seriously though, whoever ever manages to piss you off must be something. I'd totally wanna meet her if I've the chance."

"She's a sloth, Miyoung," Taeyeon said as she rolled her eyes. "Like, a freaking sloth."

***

With a swift action, Yuri downed a shot at the bar she always frequented. She had barely landed the shot glass on the counter when a tingling sensation was felt on her neck and her dark Silver Pulse flared. It wasn't an unfriendly reaction, so she leisurely turned to look. She broke into a wide smile when a familiar tall lass approached her.

"Yul," the girl spoke as her arm curled around her neck from behind. Yuri mindlessly held onto the girl's hand which was dangling from her shoulder as she switched her vision back to her shot glass.

"I wasn't expecting you Sooyoung."

"I wasn't expecting to see Guardians the other day." Yuri dropped Sooyoung a look as she frowned.

"Why are you so against me having Guardian friends?"

"I'm not against that. I just...don't know why."

"It's because you haven't met awesome Guardians. Trust me."

"I don't know, Yuri. I don't wanna be stabbed someday without knowing how I even died."

"Come on Soo, they won't do that. You met them yourselves. Can't you tell if they had good or bad intentions? I mean, other than being ridiculously good-looking. Why would you even say that to people you've only just met for the first time."

"Ah, I don't know."

"We should worry about our own safety."

"I know."

"They'll get to us someday. Rebel traitors we are."

"Can't help it if I don't have the desire to rule the world. Can't be bothered with that . I just wanna eat, and relax."

"Eating is all that's in your mind Soo. Do be careful."

"Will do," Sooyoung muttered, before taking a shot that the bartender had just offered her, and downing it like Yuri did.

***

"Dad, mom, I'm here." Taeyeon's voice was almost inaudible as her words came out in a whisper. She gently brushed her thumb across her mother's picture at the columbarium, leaving a trail cleared of the dust that had gathered in the period of a year. Her tears welled up without her consent, like how it had happened for the past years. "I miss you... I miss you so much..."

"Daddy you're home!"

"Yes sweety I'm home." Mr Kim's face lit up the moment he saw his daughter's smile welcoming him. "Look at what daddy has gotten you." He said as he handed her a duffel bag. Taeyeon couldn't be mistaken about the little bar of fur that was sticking out of the opening, and it was moving.

"No! It can't be!" The teenager ran forward and got a hold of the bag. She broke into an even wider smile when the sparkly eyes of a little black toy poodle stared back at her. "Daddy you really bought a puppy?!"

"He's Ginger, Taeyeon. His name is Ginger." Mr Kim couldn't hide his smile, as he looked at the scene in front of him.

"Ginger? Hi Ginger! My name is Taeyeon!" Taeyeon proceeded to carry the puppy out of the bag, which started to her face, causing a burst of laughter from both the father and the daughter.

"Dad... Ginger's fine. He's getting a little old, but he's fine..." Taeyeon tried to smile, but her lips trembled as she struggled to stop her tears.

"Taeyeon..." When her ears registered a familiar voice, she quickly wiped her face with the back of her hand. It didn't take long before an arm pulled her into a warm embrace. Taeyeon only burst out crying as the newcomer patted her back. "Cry it all out... I'm here."

It was half an hour before Taeyeon finally stopped crying, and she found a place to sit down with the visitor. She was handed a can of coffee, and she received it with a bitter smile. "Thanks, Sunny."

Sunny only let out a sigh, before she took a seat beside Taeyeon. She hesitated for a long time, before she decided to break the silence. "Taeyeon..."

"Mmm?" Taeyeon looked at Sunny, her eyes puffy.

"Actually...what happened...?" Taeyeon only blinked a couple of times, before her eyes tore away from Sunny, and her gaze landed on the coffee in her own hands.

***

"So how's work?" The girl in blonde hair asked as she landed a Korean lettuce wrap in .

"Don't talk about it. I shouldn't even have taken it up. My boss ing nitpicks. For 's sake, how am I gonna survive this?" Jessica rolled her eyes while she vented her anger on the strips of meat on the grill.

The girl only laughed at her friend, before downing a shot of soju. "What a way to piss off our Sooyeon."

"Don't rub it in Kim Hyoyeon. Coming to think of it, are you like my boss' sister? She's like Kim Taeyeon and you're Kim Hyoyeon." Hyoyeon only narrowed her eyes at Jessica. "Okay, not funny."

"Is Soojung managing well anyway?"

"Soojung? Yeah, I guess. She's gonna be graduating soon. Time flies, isn't it?"

"So, so fast."

"You? Have you been creating trouble anywhere?"

"Seriously? I don't create trouble. Those Rebels asked for it."

"I really wonder why would they find trouble for themselves. I mean, look at your face. Who would dare to incur your wrath?" Jessica laughed, slapping her friend's arm.

"Like, you?" Hyoyeon raised an eyebrow and Jessica only continued laughing.

"Jung Soo-" A third voice came into the picture just as Hyoyeon's Silver Pulse flared. Hyoyeon didn't even look, and she turned and lunged forward at the intruder.

"The ?! Jung Sooyeon!" A dark Silver Pulse flared on the intruder's neck, who managed to hold off Hyoyeon, barely separating themselves.

"Hyo let her go!" Almost immediately, Jessica had appeared beside the two girls, her hands holding the two girls, trying to pull them apart. Hyoyeon, however, wasn't listening to her. "Hyo! I know her she's my friend!"

Hyoyeon only looked at Jessica, before turning to look at the girl she was holding. Doubtfully, she released her grip, but her Silver Pulse was still flaring - a sign that she was ready to launch another attack at any time.

"Yuri you okay?" Jessica had her attention on the tanned girl, whose dark Silver Pulse was similarly still flaring. "Stop that Yuri." Jessica gently covered her friend's Silver Pulse with her palm, in the attempt to calm her down.

"I'm fine," Yuri muttered as she removed Jessica's hand from her neck.

Yuri and Hyoyeon barely locked their eyes once more and without warning, Hyoyeon lunged forward again and Yuri's eyes flashed a threatening silver.

"OH MY GOSH HYO NO!"

 


[A/N] 5/8/2014

Firstly, HAPPY 7TH ANNIVERSARY GIRLS :) So... I swear, writing fantasy is so difficult for me, but I won't give up, nor will I go against my words. I'm gonna do my best, and I hope that you readers will be able to help me, or support me, along the way. Write me something! Good, or bad, what you liked, or you disliked, what you want, or what you won't want. Oh and, since this is a fantasy story with fancy terms and rules and such, do drop me any questions once you're unsure about anything.

I'm drained from writing this chapter of fantasy, so I'll be off. Happy Tuesday, anyway :)

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales