The Fighters

The Silver Guardian

- Story view -

Jessica was typing away, her eyebrows furrowed, when she received a text message.

Just Taeyeon
Hey look here.

 She raised her eyebrow and casted a look at Taeyeon's office. When she found Taeyeon already staring at her, Jessica gave a reverse nod, silently asking her what was the matter. Taeyeon only gave an eating gesture, before she pointed to her side with her thumb. Dinner later? Jessica understood that, and she smiled while she adorably did an ok sign.

It was not the first time that this happened. The two girls had been getting closer and closer ever since that one time Taeyeon willingly asked Jessica out for dinner. Taeyeon always paid for those meals, whether they were expensive or not. Jessica, on the other hand, always rejected but she never got her way.

They were done with dinner earlier that day, and it was about eight. The two girls got on Taeyeon's car, but Taeyeon didn't set off immediately like she usually did. She pondered for a moment, while Jessica was busying herself with her phone, as always.

"Jessica." The sudden voice surprised Jessica for a moment and she turned to look at Taeyeon.

"Hmm?"

"There's some kind of a fair going on not too far away from here and I was...thinking of going."

"Mm-hmm." Jessica nodded and smiled at the girl.

"Do you...have time or something? To kinda, you know, go there with me?"

Jessica was slightly taken aback. "Me?" She pointed to herself, her voice unable to hide her emotions.

"Yeah... But you know, it's okay if you don't want to. It was just a casual th-"

"No no I was just surprised. Sure, we can go there if you want to!" Jessica's eyes sparkled and Taeyeon almost lost herself in those eyes.

"R-really? It's kinda...childish right..."

Jessica only shook her head, her smile not leaving her. "It's not. Not at all." Taeyeon didn't know why but she couldn't hide an embarrassed smile as she scratched the back of her head. "You're so cute, boss." Jessica's comment took the smile off Taeyeon's face while a slight hint of flush took over instead. "Look at you." It didn't help when Jessica brushed the back of her fingers against Taeyeon's burning cheek.

Taeyeon flinched a little and broke off the skin contact with the girl. Clearing , she tried to hide any sign of her embarrassment as she put her hand on the hand brake. "Uh, we should go before it gets too late."

All of the embarrassment was left forgotten and Taeyeon soon found herself laughing heartily with Jessica at every little thing. Taeyeon's amazing skills at the shooting booth had left Jessica jaw-dropped because the girl herself failed terribly at it and had a fair share of Taeyeon laughing at her. The two girls shared a hilarious moment when Taeyeon bought a cotton candy and both of them attacked it at the same time, sharing an awkward eye contact before they burst out in laughter. Jessica bought a churro and had taken a bite out of it before she mindlessly nudged Taeyeon, offering it to the girl who took an even bigger bite without even a moment of hesitation.

After a good two hours at the fair, the two girls decided to take a walk at the park as they continued sharing stories and laughter. Jessica was listening to Taeyeon talking about the boy who had a crush on her in high school when her Silver Pulse flared all of a sudden and instinctively, she turned her face away from Taeyeon as she fixed her vision on the front. She knew exactly who the intruder was. True enough, Gyuri was standing not too far away from her, taking steps towards her leisurely, a smirk gracing her face.

Taeyeon stopped talking and turned to look where Jessica was staring intently at. Not knowing who the girl was, she turned back to Jessica. "Hey what's wrong? Do you know her?" Jessica didn't reply, as she swallowed her saliva and stood exactly where she was. Taeyeon was scared of the change in Jessica, and unknowingly, she grabbed the hem of Jessica's shirt and inched closer to the girl.

"Hi, Sica." Gyuri stopped a few steps away from the two girls.

Jessica's eyes flashed a quick silver, enough to warn Gyuri to stay back, but her Silver Pulse continued to flare. She wasn't pleased at all. "What do you want?"

Gyuri's eyes darted from Jessica to Taeyeon, and Jessica automatically took a side step so that she was standing in front of Taeyeon. The Silver Rebel only smirked. "How protective, buddy."

"Not here, Park Gyuri." Jessica's tone was cold, unlike the Jessica who was laughing away with Taeyeon not too long ago.

"Jessica what's g-" Taeyeon finally dared to spoke up, but Jessica didn't let her continue.

"Later, Taeyeon." The way Jessica called Taeyeon by her name sent chills down the girl's spine without needing Jessica to even look at her. Something was definitely up between the two, but Taeyeon had no idea what. In fact, at that moment, she was scared stiff.

"And...why not?" Gyuri challenged, as she took steps forward. "How about I sh-"

"Jessica." Another voice reached Jessica's ears and Gyuri stopped in her tracks. "Park Gyuri, scram." Hyoyeon came up to Jessica's side and Gyuri only shook her head and let out a laugh. It wouldn't be a smart move to attack two Silver Guardians especially when there was a human being around.

"Very well." Gyuri smirked yet again while Hyoyeon and Jessica eyed the girl, watching her retreat as she disappeared out of sight.

Jessica let out a breath as Hyoyeon gave her a reassuring pat on her back. "Why are you here Hyo?" She asked, turning to face the girl.

"I was just walking around, and I felt that you might be nearby." Hyoyeon's eyes sparkled with mischief, and Jessica found herself laughing.

"Thanks buddy. I've gotta go with her anyway," Jessica said, her thumb pointing towards Taeyeon. "I'll ring you up soon."

"Okay. See you then!" Hyoyeon bowed slightly to Taeyeon before she waved Jessica goodbye.

Finally, Jessica turned to Taeyeon. "Sorry about that boss. Are you okay?"

"Uh... The girl..." Taeyeon tried to phrase her words properly, her mind still processing the absurd encounter.

"Don't mind her. She's just...something like a bully while Hyo, as in that girl you just saw, she's my friend."

"Bully...?"

Jessica scratched the back of her head. "Uh, it's just...some bad friendship."

"She looked scary, to be honest." Fear slightly showed in Taeyeon's eyes and Jessica couldn't stop herself from laughing.

"I'm scarier, boss. Don't worry." She winked at her supervisor.

"I don't deny that..."

"What?"

"Oh, nothing. Let's go! I wasn't done telling my story."

"Oh yeah. What did he do after you... Wait. What did you say you did?"

***

Jessica was taking a walk alone near her house, her mind filled with thoughts about Gyuri. What did she want? She found herself repeatedly asking. Without warning, someone charged at her and in the next moment, she found herself pinned against a wall, a hand choking her. Jessica struggled to pull the hand away but to no avail. She forced her eyes open and those eyes turned silver almost immediately when they registered Gyuri's face. Jessica clenched her jaw as her body shook. Silver light was beginning to outline Jessica and in a split second, Jessica had Gyuri flying backwards as she released her Trail. She cracked her neck and glared at the girl who managed to still land on her feet.

Gyuri bared her teeth and was about to charge towards Jessica again but she stopped midway when Yuri's Trail came into the picture. Furrowing her eyebrows, Gyuri scanned the surroundings. She was certain that it was another Silver Rebel, but something wasn't quite right. It wasn't long before Yuri appeared almost as suddenly as Gyuri. Automatically, she stood by Jessica's side and Gyuri's confused eyes landed on Yuri.

"Who are you?" Gyuri's tone was hostile.

"The one who is going to take your life." Yuri said, lunging at Gyuri.

Gyuri's eyes widened as Yuri's threatening Trail was aimed towards her.

"Yuri!" Jessica immediately ran up towards the two girls. Grabbing Yuri's arm, Jessica wanted to stop the girl but the protective nature of Yuri tried to push her away as she continued her assault. Jessica got worried when Gyuri released her Trail as well. The three of them were tangled in a deathly fight when all of a sudden, Gyuri decided to retreat from the battle and took the chance to escape when Yuri was fighting Jessica off.

"Kwon Yuri!" Jessica turned her head in surprise when she heard the familiar voice and her jaw dropped when Hyoyeon charged towards Yuri who was having a death grip on Jessica's arm since earlier on when she wanted to stop Jessica from pulling her away. "I knew you were up to no good!"

"Oh my gosh no no no no no! Hyo no!" Jessica's head was spinning trying to process whatever that was happening. Having no time to stop anyone, she only managed to hug Yuri as she released her Trail, forming a temporary shield which blocked Hyoyeon's attack.

"What are you doing Jessica?!" Hyoyeon shouted, enraged.

"She was trying to help me when Gyuri attacked me just now!" Immediately upon hearing Jessica's words, Hyoyeon's Trail faded as she furrowed her eyebrows.

Heaving a sigh of relief, Jessica retracted her Trail, panting heavily as she leaned her head on Yuri's back, which was moving up and down while the girl panted too.

"What do you mean she wa-"

Before Hyoyeon could complete her sentence, the three girls had their Pulses flaring as they turned towards the same direction. Fear flashed in all three girls' eyes when Jiyong appeared just a short distance away from them. Weakly, Yuri stood up and blocked the other two girls.

"Kwon Yuri."

"O-oppa..." Yuri stuttered, her voice shaking.

"You never listen, do you?" In a split second, Jiyong appeared in front of Yuri as he grabbed the girl by her collar, choking her. He released his Trail, which managed to hold Hyoyeon down just by the massive power, but Jessica managed to get to Yuri's side and she grabbed Jiyong's arm.

"Kwon Jiyong don't ev-" With a strong push, Jessica was thrown downwards on the floor and before she could do anything again, Jiyong struck Yuri with his Trail. Yuri's body went limp as she collapsed onto the floor, her Pulse flashing weakly, threatening to disappear.

"I don't care if you're my cousin, Kwon Yuri. I may not meddle in the affairs regarding this Miss Jessica Jung here, but if news of my own cousin causing trouble together with Guardians reach my ears again, don't blame me for not letting you live." With that said, Jiyong disappeared in a flash. Jessica frowned in worry and was about to rush to Yuri's side when Hyoyeon got there before she did, pulling the almost soulless girl into her arms.

"Yuri-ssi? Yuri-ssi!" When she didn't respond, Hyoyeon cupped Yuri's Pulse as she began transferring energy to the girl. "Sica ya, help! She needs more energy than this. Quickly!" Jessica was surprised at Hyoyeon's actions but the girl's words snapped her out of her trance.

"O-okay!"

 


[A/N] 1/9/2014

Happy September! :) I know it got chaotic when the whole bunch of Guardians and Rebel got entwined but I hope you could still make out the chaos that I was tryna portray. Either way, should you have any questions, let me know. I'll certainly clear your doubts to make up for my lack in fantasy writing. Write me something, whatever it may be. :) Anyone loved how automatically protective Jessi was towards Taeng put your hands up! ;)

Yes, yes. The fair idea was from The TaeTiSeo. I couldn't help but to imagine Jessica being there with Taeyeon. ^^

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© Sky Blue Tales ✍