A Wounded Soul's Comfort

The Silver Guardian

NOTE: If you haven't read this announcement, I hope you will read it. Also, this chapter is raw and will be edited for mistakes soon.


 

- Story view -

“Jessica! Jessica stop!” Taeyeon and Tiffany’s calls were left unheard as they went after Jessica. Instinctively, Taeyeon’s Pulse flared, her eyes turning silver while power was slowly conjured in her left hand.

 

“Taeyeon don’t—” Tiffany wanted to stop Taeyeon from acting rashly since she still wasn’t able to control her powers. However, before she could complete her sentence, Taeyeon’s palm that was aimed directly at Jessica’s Pulse hit its target. It was a Guardian, or Rebel’s instinct that struck inside of Taeyeon. She was never taught to weaken a Guardian or Rebel this way. In fact, she was never told of such a method. Taeyeon’s eyes shone a dangerous silver as she fought hard to manage her uncontrolled power while she absorbed Jessica’s Pulse.

 

Jessica was no longer in full control of herself. She could see nothing, she could recognise no one. When Taeyeon’s palm struck, Jessica’s eyes burned as her power surged. A mass of silver, measuring up to a terrifying power, gathered at her hand to Tiffany’s horror.

 

“Jessica no!”

 

It was the only thing that Taeyeon heard before immense pain struck her, and the expression on Jessica’s face that she felt almost unfamiliar was what she last saw before the pain dissipated, together with all her senses. Her fingers lost her grip on Jessica’s neck as her body flew backwards from the impact on her shoulder. Tiffany tried to stand her ground as she caught Taeyeon. She failed, her feet sliding back a good ten metres or so before the two girls finally came to a halt.

 

“Taeyeon ah. Taeyeon! Taeyeon come back to your senses! Kim Taeyeon!” It was Tiffany’s screams that stopped Jessica. Taeyeon. Taeyeon. Taeyeon. She stood where she was while the calls of Taeyeon’s name kept ringing behind her. Slowly, she turned back to look. Taeyeon was in Tiffany’s arms, unconscious. Jessica raised her trembling hand, suddenly not recognizing herself as she looked at that hand. She clenched her fist, and then her body moved on its own towards the two girls. “Taeyeon ah! Taeyeon ah please—” Tiffany stopped when a shadow was casted over her. She raised her head, her eyes registering an expressionless Jessica.

 

Jessica knelt down, her body slightly shaking, and then she sat on the floor. Tiffany watched as Jessica held up a shaking hand gathering metallic blue energy before she placed it on Taeyeon’s Pulse. It didn’t take ten seconds for the colour to return to Taeyeon’s face, and then another five seconds for Taeyeon to open her eyes. “J-Jessica…” Taeyeon weakly raised her hand as she gently grabbed Jessica’s wrist to pull it away. However, Jessica wouldn’t budge. “Jessica,” she called out yet again when she saw tears falling from the girl’s eyes, her hand staying where it was. The colour that was seen returning to Taeyeon’s face was being drained from Jessica’s face instead.

 

“Jessica what are you doing?” It finally alarmed Tiffany as she too grabbed the girl’s arm. “Stop!” Jessica paid no attention to the girls’ words, her energy flowing to Taeyeon at a horrifying speed.

 

“Jessica!” This time, Taeyeon tugged hard as she yelled but the girl still refused to budge.

 

“Take it. Take all of my Pulse. Take it so I won’t have to live. Take it because my sister is dead!” Jessica screamed back, her tears flowing seamlessly.

 

“Jessica.” Taeyeon’s tone was much gentler, her eyes staring deep into Jessica’s. “Stop.”

 

Suddenly, everything came to a standstill. Jessica released her grip on Taeyeon’s Pulse, and then her hand fell weakly to the ground, the girl herself reduced to a crying mess. “Taeyeon… Taeyeon…” The girl only kept calling that name while she wept. “My sister… My sister is dead… What am I supposed to do now… Taeyeon… Taeyeon ah…”

 

Taeyeon’s vision was becoming blurry as she moved herself nearer to Jessica before she pulled her into a tight embrace. She said nothing but patted the girl lightly on her back. She knew that there was nothing that could be said at that moment for a girl who had lost her one and only sister, and, in the worst way possible.

 

***

 

Taeyeon left that same room with the same dejected expression, the tray of food in her hands left exactly the way it was prepared. She clenched her teeth, banging the tray down on the table before she took quick steps to her study room. She settled into the chair with a loud thud before she ran her fingers through her hair, grabbing her head in desperation.

 

Taeyeon heard her door click open, but she didn’t bother to turn to look. “Taeyeon ah,” Sunny greeted, gently squeezing Taeyeon’s shoulder in the process. “I’m not going to ask you if you’re okay because you’re obviously not,” she continued. “I got you some…gummy bears though.” A pack of gummy bears was left on the table and lightly pushed towards Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon’s hand gently closed in on the pack. “That girl hasn’t eaten for days.”

 

“Then go and be there for her. Don’t leave even when she doesn’t respond. She needs someone, Taeyeon. She needs you.”

 

Taeyeon only turned to look hesitantly at Sunny, who nodded back at her, as if to answer her doubts.

 

Five minutes later, Taeyeon was back outside the room, her knock unanswered again. Sighing, she turned the knob, and was welcomed by the same sight – the back view of Jessica lying on the bed. She closed the door behind her before she dejectedly made her way towards to the bed. This time, she said nothing as she sat at the empty space beside Jessica, one leg folded and resting on the bed, the other foot barely touching the floor.

 

“I’m worried about you, Jessica…” Taeyeon spoke with a shaky voice as she stared mindlessly at the space in front of her. Not expecting a reaction, she was shocked when she heard Jessica stirring in bed. Before long, her eyes were locked with Jessica’s for the first time in four days. Momentarily, she was too shocked for words. The girl slowly sat up, her body showing all signs of weakness. Automatically, Taeyeon extended her arms around the girl before those arms closed in on the petite body. “At least…eat something…”

 

“Mmm.” When the girl answered, Taeyeon pulled away from the hug almost immediately, her eyes widened in surprise.

 

“Are you serious? You wanna eat something?” Taeyeon asked with both disbelief and impatience. Surprisingly, Jessica nodded and Taeyeon sat up straight. “What do you wanna eat? Sushi? Pasta? Baked rice? Burger?”

 

“Burger.” Jessica’s replies were short, but they were what Taeyeon would give everything up to hear.

 

“Okay! I’ll get you burgers. Give me a mo—” Taeyeon was about to get up when Jessica held onto her hand, leading the girl to give her a confused stare. “Didn’t you say that you—”

 

“Stay by my side…” With those simple words from Jessica, Taeyeon found herself sitting back on the bed.

 

“Okay. Alright. Let me call Sunny.” Taeyeon gave Jessica a reassuring smile before she whipped out her phone. “Hey. Sunny? Ah, no. I wonder if you can get me some burgers from the shop we frequent? Yes, that one. Yes. Yup she’s gonna eat. Thanks so much!”

 

When Taeyeon hung up, she found herself heaving a sigh of relief, the congestion in her chest magically disappearing. She turned to look at Jessica, who looked back at her with tired eyes. Letting out another breath, she climbed further into bed as she leaned backwards on the headboard. She smiled as she stretched out her left arm, her right hand gently tapping just below her left collarbone. It was almost unexpected when the corners of Jessica’s lips curved slightly upwards, and then the girl moved herself nearer to Taeyeon before she wrapped her arm around Taeyeon’s waist, settling comfortably into the older girl’s embrace.

 

“Your sister’s gonna be in a better place. She’s gotta be, I’m sure,” Taeyeon spoke gently, pulling Jessica even closer, before she landed a soft peck on the girl’s forehead. It wasn’t long before sobbing sounds could be heard again as Jessica’s body shook uncontrollably. Taeyeon tried to hug the girl a little bit tighter while she coaxed, “Cry it all out. I’ll be here.

 

 


[A/N] 6/1/15

It's been a while, hasn't it? Probably a month or more? It hasn't been easy for me to write this, like I've said in the blog, but I'll keep doing my best. It's still Monday in some places now, isn't it? ^^ Write me something! :)

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
Follow me on Twitter here
© 
Sky Blue Tales