Requite, Not

The Silver Guardian

- Story view -

The sudden congestion in her chest caused the girl to gasp, before her eyes slowly opened. Taeyeon took a moment to adjust her eyes to the light in the room where she was. Then, it struck her. Where the hell am I? She wondered. Taeyeon wanted to sit up, but she didn't know why it was so difficult to do so. She felt almost completely weak.

"F-fany ah... Lee Soonkyu...?" Taeyeon weakly called out. It didn't even take long for the two girls to appear by Taeyeon's side with obvious worried looks on their faces.

"Taeyeon ah are you feeling okay?" Sunny squatted down beside the bed on the right, her palm cupping Taeyeon's left cheek.

"Not really... I'm feeling like crap. Where am I?" Sunny only sighed before she stood up.

"Um..." Tiffany looked like she was speechless, and this was when Taeyeon finally took notice of the strange sign on Tiffany's neck.

Laughing a little, she teased, "Ya when did Fany get that tat—" Her words trailed off when she turned to Sunny and found the exact same sign on her neck. Blinking a couple of times, she furrowed her eyebrows before she asked, "Wait. Did you two get couple tattoos or something? What's that on your necks?"

Tiffany kept her eyes fixed on Taeyeon and hesitated for a while more, before she finally mustered her courage to answer Taeyeon. "That...is what we need to tell you about."

"Huh?" Slight impatience could be heard from Taeyeon's reply. "What are you talking about?" This time, Tiffany gave Sunny a look, and Sunny nodded in response. Taeyeon only frowned further at their confusing acts. "Seriously what are you guys" Before Taeyeon could finish her sentence, both girls turned back to look at her, and in a split second, the signs on both the girls' necks flared and their eyes were...a flashing silver. "What the ?!" If Taeyeon had the energy to push herself back, she would. But right now, she couldn't and she was freaking out.

"Taeyeon ah..." Sunny took a step towards Taeyeon.

"Wait wait wait stop! Stay where you are. Stay. Where. You. Are." Fear was unmistakenly present in Taeyeon's voice.

"Seriously Kim Taeyeon." Tiffany let out a breath as she stretched out her hand. Her palm lightly glided down an invisible surface, and when she retracted her hand, energy taking the form of a huge rectangle was left behind. A mirror. "Look at yourself."

Frowning, Taeyeon found herself obeying. The moment her eyes landed on the mirror, those eyes widened. She had the exact same sign on her neck, and her eyes were no longer the shade of brown that she had always been proud of. "What... I... Why is this... My eyes..."

"Taeyeon... We...are what you are. In fact... We are what we are because of you," Sunny began.

"W-what...? What do you—" Taeyeon's words suddenly stopped short as her head snapped to her side, her eyes squinting at a plain wall. Her sudden action had Tiffany and Sunny doing the exact the thing. The only thing different was, both the girls moved closer to Taeyeon instantly after that, their Silver Pulses flaring. They knew who was in that room that Taeyeon had finally sensed, and they had to be extra careful or someone might die right in that place.

"Taeyeon...?" Tiffany called out cautiously, but Taeyeon didn't respond. Instead, she kept her gaze on that wall. Suddenly, Taeyeon sat up, even though she almost felt like she had no energy at all just a moment ago. She felt a tingling sensation on her neck, but she didn't know that her Silver Pulse was flaring. She didn't even know what a Silver Pulse was. When she finally took one of her legs off her bed, she felt Tiffany's hand on her shoulder. "Taeyeon are you feeling anything?" Taeyeon still didn't respond, but she gently moved Tiffany's hand away. It didn't take long before Taeyeon was on her two feet, and right behind the door that was the only barrier between her and whoever was making her feel this way. Sunny dropped Tiffany a worried look, and energy began gathering on both the girls' palms. They would stop any fight at all cost. They had to protect Taeyeon. It had been their job, right from the moment when they met the girl, to protect her.

Taeyeon finally opened the door as she took the first step out, and Sunny and Tiffany's hearts were thumping hard. Expectedly, the next few steps Taeyeon took led her to the room which wasn't too far away from the one that she had been in previously. She stopped right outside that door.

"Kwon Yuri protect the girl!" Tiffany had managed to shout the moment Taeyeon opened that door. Once the door opened, it revealed a shocked Yuri who stood up immediately. In a split second, Yuri's eyes turned silver and her dark Silver Pulse flared while she held her arm out in front of another girl who was lying on the bed.

"Kim Taeyeon you can't do this. This is Jessica!" Yuri raised her voice while she glared at Taeyeon. However, Taeyeon only had her eyes fixed on the girl on the bed, but this only made the three other girls worried.

"T-Taeyeon..." Sunny called out weakly when Taeyeon continued to take steps towards that girl. And then, she stopped. She was just a few steps away from Jessica, but she stopped.

"Taeyeon ah please... I haven't managed to get anyone to even heal her for a bit. She's really weak right now please get your act together she's Jessica! Tae—"

"Wait." Tiffany suddenly interrupted Yuri, causing Yuri and Sunny to both look at her in bewilderment. "Look at her hand." The other two girls immediately turned their attention to Taeyeon's hand, and they were shocked to see metallic blue energy held in that girl's palm. None of them had ever seen it in person, even though they had heard dozens of stories about it.

"Soul twins? You can't be serious," Sunny commented in disbelief.

Tiffany's eyes shifted to the unconscious Jessica on the bed, and then she spoke up, "Yuri, move aside."

"She's not even a Guardian Fany! How can you even be sure that she's her twin?!" Yuri protested, before she dropped the emotionless Taeyeon a glance, then Jessica, and then Tiffany. Tiffany said nothing, and instead, she tried to reassure her with a nod, and Yuri almost reluctantly took a step away.

Almost magically, the moment Yuri moved aside, Taeyeon started approaching Jessica again. Yuri only looked on with her jaw and fists tightly clenched while Sunny and Tiffany both carried worried expressions on their faces. When Taeyeon reached the side of the bed, she half kneeled, her eyes not leaving Jessica for a moment. Steadily, she stretched out her arm, her palm reaching for Jessica's neck. Yuri's Trail automatically flowed as she prepared herself to fight should Taeyeon attempt to take away the only bit of energy left in Jessica. It was nerve-wrecking moment for the three girls as Taeyeon's palm finally came into contact with the girl.

Surprise filled the girls when the metallic blue energy intensified as it flowed from Taeyeon's palm right into Jessica's Pulse. "I...can't believe this..." Yuri muttered as her eyes widened.

"Gosh. So I got worried about that Guardian when she is actually her twin...?" Sunny raised her eyebrow.

Tiffany couldn't hide the shock on her face. "Seriously though... I find it more amazing to actually see a Rebel healing a Guardian. A Rebel can never heal anyone, even if it's a fellow Reb—"

"Unless..." Sunny looked back at Tiffany before she continued with a shrug, "they are soul twins?"

"I'm just—"

"Sica ya..." Before Tiffany could finish her words, Taeyeon who suddenly spoke up after keeping silent for so long managed to get all of their attention. "Wake up..."

Dramatically, the girls shifted their eyes to Jessica simultaneously, watching as Jessica slowly opened her eyes.

"Sica ya!" Yuri called out while she rushed to Jessica's side. However, before Yuri could reach Jessica, Jessica's eyes suddenly turned into a flashing silver, while her Silver Pulse flared, her head snapping directly towards Taeyeon's direction. Their eyes met, and for the first time since she woke up, Taeyeon smiled.

However, the smile was taken off Taeyeon's face and an alarmed expression took over almost immediately when Jessica released her Trail, aiming it directly at Taeyeon.

"God Jessica no!"

"Careful Taeyeon!"

 

 


[A/N] 31/10/2014

First of all, happy Halloween. I'm thinking... The last part of this chapter could contribute to the "horror" for Halloween right? *laughs* I don't know.

Second thing, I know that it's Friday today and it's supposed to be the day for a Love Assumed update, but because of the various things that had happened in my personal life, I hadn't been updating for a while and I realised that this story is a little behind schedule. So I'm updating this instead of Love Assumed on this particular Friday. I might, or might not be, writing a chapter for Love Assumed today. I will try, but no promises.

Lastly, thank you for those encouragements when I needed them the most. I'm feeling better, though not completely. 2014 just isn't quite a year for me. Whatever it is, I hope I won't meet any more undesired situations for the rest of this year, and I'll want the same for you as well.

As usual, write me something. :)

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© Sky Blue Tales ✍