The Usual

The Silver Guardian

[A/N] So, I completed a TaengSic one-shot and it's named Being With Someone You Love. Check it out first-hand! :)


- Story view -

"I can't believe this," Jessica muttered before she made her move. In a split second, the lights in the barbeque restaurant went out, and Hyoyeon and Yuri found themselves being dragged somewhere. They didn't quite retaliate, because they knew that it could only be Jessica.

"Okay, guys, I wa-"

Before Jessica could complete her sentence, Hyoyeon already had Yuri pinned against the wall, but the latter was not about to surrender. Yuri had her death grip on Hyoyeon's arms, which were turning whiter by the second.

"Yul please don't!" Jessica rushed to their side but was repelled by an ominous energy, and she knew that it was the doing of a Rebel, or in this case, Yuri. "Yuri stop this! What the are the two of you doing?!"

Hyoyeon was impulsive, but Yuri wasn't one to be trifled with. Jessica's heart raced when she saw the dark Trail that Yuri was starting to release. Hyoyeon was considered a strong Guardian, but Yuri was an even stronger Rebel. The expression on Hyoyeon's face was changing as Yuri's aura started to suffocate her.

"Yuri!" When Yuri ignored her calls, Jessica knew that it was time for her to step in. " this ."Jessica's eyes flashed an enraged silver while she released her own Trail, charging towards Yuri. A tingling sensation ran down her arm as the Silver Sign showed up on her wrist. With absolute accuracy, her palm aimed straight for Yuri's Silver Pulse, grabbing her neck. Yuri's concentration was broken for a second and Jessica seized the chance to push Hyoyeon away, and out of danger. "KWON YURI!" Jessica screamed at the top of her voice and Yuri had her eyes shut tight as she felt the burn on her Silver Pulse, draining her own energy. Jessica felt Yuri's hand shoot up to grab her arm in reflex.

"S-Sica..." Yuri muttered, feeling herself weakened. Jessica didn't let go, but this time, her Trail disappeared, and something else was happening - Yuri was being recharged. Jessica watched intently as the colour slowly returned to her friend's face.

"Do I have my Yul back?" Jessica asked, as she finally released her grip. Yuri cracked her neck, as if nothing had just happened. "Yul..."

"I'm fine." Yuri took a few steps forward, but she stopped when Hyoyeon came up to join them.

"Uh... Guys... Don't even do that again... Please... Peace, okay?" Jessica quickly stood in between the two girls, holding her hands up with each of her palms facing one of them. Hyoyeon's Silver Pulse was still flaring, and it worried Jessica even more. "Please please please Hyo? And Yul not you too. Please."

There was already a huge bruise on Hyoyeon's arm caused by Yuri, and another bruise near Yuri's neck, by Jessica. Jessica wasn't sure if the two would even make it out alive before acknowledging the fact that they were both her friends if they get into a fight again.

"Hyo...?" Jessica eyed the girl cautiously. When she finally succeeded capturing Hyoyeon's attention, she slowly started explaining again, "Hyo, this is Yuri. She's a Rebel I know, but she's not them. I swear she's not them. She's my friend. So please, please, please stop attacking her, okay?" Hyoyeon dropped Jessica a look, and when Jessica gave a pleading expression, she switched her gaze to Yuri. Clenching her teeth, her Silver Pulse slowly faded to a lighter shade, but her glare stayed. "And Yuri... This is...uh, Hyoyeon. She's just a little...impulsive... It's okay now. Stop flaring, please?" Almost unnoticeably, Yuri blinked, and her eyes were back to black.

Chivalrous as she was, Yuri let out a breath, before she held out her hand, her eyes focused. Jessica's eyes fell on Yuri's hand and then to Hyoyeon. Noticing that Hyoyeon wasn't moving, Jessica nudged her. Not daunted at all, Yuri spoke up.

"Hi Hyoyeon, I'm Kwon Yuri. I'm sorry for what happened just now. It was my reflex action to fight back. I'm Jessica's friend, and since you're her friend too, I'm hoping that we can be friends as well. I know Rebels and Guardians don't mix, but to hell with that. Sica's my friend and nothing's gonna change that." As if surprised by Yuri's charm, Hyoyeon found herself finally taking that hand and shaking it firmly.

"Sorry too," mumbled Hyoyeon.

"You guys are the weirdest things," Jessica rolled her eyes and said, before she found herself letting out a relieved laugh.

***

"Jessica, I'm not going to tolerate this any more! This is it. Y-"

"Taeng." Taeyeon was blowing her top when a familiar voice cut her words short. She turned around and was surprised to see Yuri at her office.

"Yul? What are you doing here?"

"Can I have a word with you?" Taeyeon only stared at Yuri blankly, and then sent Jessica a glare.

"Yeah, sure. Here."

The two girls proceeded to Taeyeon's office, and Yuri sat herself down comfortably on the couch.

"So, what brings you here?"

"Right in time to save Jessica's ." Taeyeon only raised her eyebrow at Yuri's words.

"What?"

"Don't fire her, babe."

"Kwon Yuri. Can you please not stop me this time? I'm begging you. She's like..."

"She's better than this, really. I just don't know why she's being like this right now. Can you give her just one last chance? I'll talk to her about it."

"I don't get it Yul. Why are you trying so hard to help her when she obviously doesn't appreciate it?"

"Taeng... She does. She appreciates it. I know her, okay? I just need your help on this. Please?"

"Yul..."

"Just one last time. I promise you." Taeyeon looked away as she sighed deeply.

"I'm only doing this for you, Yul."

"Okay. Thanks babe, really."

Jessica eyed Yuri when she appeared out of Taeyeon's room. Without warning, Yuri flared her Silver Pulse and Jessica's eyes widened in shock. "I'm warning you," Yuri mouthed before she made her way out of their office.

***

Jessica whistled mindlessly as she took a stroll, not wanting to return home right after work. She furrowed her eyebrows when she caught a familiar silhouette not too far ahead of her. Kim Taeyeon. Rolling her eyes, she continued strolling, not bothering to catch up with her boss to greet her.

"ing ghost," Jessica mumbled when Taeyeon was still in front of her after she had walked quite a distance. Not wanting to walk the same path as her any more, she had only just her heel when the tingling sensation was felt on her neck as her Silver Pulse flared. She stopped in her tracks and turned back to look where she felt that Trail. Sure enough, Gyuri wasn't too far away across the road, smirking. Jessica was shocked, when Gyuri tilted her head towards Taeyeon, seemingly taunting Jessica. Jessica didn't quite understand her intention, but her body tensed up when Gyuri disappeared in a split second. Instinctively, she turned up right behind Taeyeon with incredible speed.

"Hey boss," she called out as she walked to Taeyeon's side.

"Oh, it's you," Taeyeon replied mindlessly, cursing in her mind that she had to see the wretched girl again.

"Where are you going?" Jessica asked while she eyed her surroundings, wanting to catch any signs of Gyuri.

"And why does that matter to you?"

"Ah, be-" Jessica's eyes locked on a figure opposite the road. She frowned when Gyuri smirked once more before waving her goodbye, and disappearing.

"What?" Taeyeon's question brought the girl back to her senses.

"H-huh? Oh, uh, I uh...saw that you were alone and so I...yeah. You know." Taeyeon only raised her eyebrow. "So...uh, where are you going?"

"My apartment's in the vicinity."

"Oh. Okay, cool."

"Then...why are you following me?"

"Oh, that..." Jessica couldn't find an excuse, but neither could she risk letting Gyuri do anything funny. "I...thought I'd walk you home."

"What?" Taeyeon stopped in her tracks. "Whatever for?"

"To...uh, talk to you."

"Talk to me?" Taeyeon rolled her eyes before she started walking again.

"Yeah. I just thought I'd...explain to you why I did my work that way."

"Explain, huh?" The sarcasm was obvious in Taeyeon's tone, but Jessica couldn't care less.

In no time, twenty minutes had passed, and Taeyeon had surprisingly found Jessica's reasons acceptable, even though she was still unhappy with her work attitude.

"Sorry boss, anyway," the words escaped Jessica's lips coolly. "I shouldn't have been this y."

Taeyeon didn't know why, but she let out a laugh. "Are you always this straightforward?"

Jessica only shrugged, before she replied, "Maybe."

They didn't speak for quite a while as they continued walking. It was another five minutes after, when Taeyeon stopped in front of a building.

"We're here."

"Oh... Wow. Alright. Bye boss." Jessica waved, and for a second, warmth surged in Taeyeon's heart. The Jessica who was in front of her wasn't quite the Jessica she had hated in her office. Jessica turned to leave, before Taeyeon knew it, she called out to the girl.

"Hey!" Jessica spun her body around in surprise.

"Yup?"

"Sorry for yelling at you this morning."

The subordinate only smiled, before waving it off. "I'm sorry, boss. Bye!"

"She sure is bipolar," Taeyeon mumbled, before she smiled and entered the building. How could things change so much in less than an hour? She had no idea herself.

***

Sipping on her coffee, the girl sat in the cafe waiting, her legs crossed. It wasn't long before a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her neck from behind and it wasn't difficult to know who that girl was.

"Hey Kwon Yul," the girl said as she smiled, holding onto the arms which were resting on her shoulders.

"Hi Fany my love." Yuri gently ruffled the girl's hair, or rather Tiffany's hair, before taking a seat opposite her.

"You gotta stop flirting, Yuri the player." Tiffany flashed her signature eye-smile as she let out a hearty laugh, and Yuri found herself laughing too.

"Your boyfriend said he's okay with me flirting with you."

"You flirt with everyone, you know?"

"I love you the most."

"I bet you say that to TaeTae too."

Yuri only chuckled, before she replied, "Maybe? So, what have you been doing? You sounded really busy in the texts."

"The usual. What else."

One side of Yuri's lips curved upwards, her charisma overflowing. "The usual, huh? I see, I see."

 

*Trail - The energy of a Silver Guardian/Silver Rebel. A Silver Guardian has a silver Trail, while a Silver Rebel has a dark grey Trail. It appears as a layer of energy surrounding a Silver Guardian or a Silver Rebel during its release.
*Silver Pulse - The Silver Sign on a Silver Guardian/Silver Rebel's neck. A Silver Guardian has a silver Silver Pulse, while a Silver Rebel has a dark grey Silver Pulse. The Silver Pulse flares when the Silver Guardian's soul takes over its human soul.


[A/N] 11/8/2014

I noticed that this chapter was rather heavy on Yuri. On a side note, anyone wants to make a guess on what did I mean by "the usual"? :)

I've gotta say that we're still quite in the introduction stage, like iasb123 said. The way I'm judging it, you readers will probably only be used to the story in about one or two more chapters, I hope. Write me something? I need help on how to improve on this...

And anyway, how was my (silly) poster? I was bored, and I came up with that...silly thing. Happy Monday, anyway! It's TSG day ^^

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales