The Supervisor and The Subordinate

The Silver Guardian

- Story view -

"No. Damn, Yuri. Just no." Jessica leaned backwards on her chair, holding her caffè latte. Yuri rolled her eyes, before she maintained her stare at the girl sitting opposite her.

"You need a better job, and I'm giving it to you right now. Like, I'm bringing it right to your face. Can you at least appreciate it?"

"I appreciate all that you have done for me, but I'm not taking this advertising ," came the annoyed reply.

"Why is this an 'advertising '? Seriously, you won't be able to get such a good paying job elsewhere. I'm doing you a great big favour here Jung Sooyeon. So shut up and just turn up for work."

"N-"

"Before you tell me no, don't just think about yourself, think about Soojung. With this job, you'll definitely be able to take better care of her. She won't have to starve with you, or to always eat leftover bread from Yoona's bakery. Think about this, and then tell me in my face if it's a yes or a no." Yuri always had a way to phrase her words. She had never for once failed to persuade Jessica into doing anything she wanted her to do, in fact. This time, it was no different.

Her words had Jessica staring deeply at the table. Yuri was right. If she had more income, she would be able to take better care of her little sister, as much as she wanted to deny it.

"It's not that bad, trust me. I've a friend there, and she's willing to take you in, after much persuasion actually. So my dear miss Jung Sooyeon, will you be kind enough to take up this job and not waste my efforts?" Yuri pressed on, and she could see Jessica's stubbornness wavering. When Jessica didn't reply, Yuri continued her persuasion, "Can I take your silence as a yes?"

Jessica only let out a sigh, before she finally uttered, "Fine... I'll give it a try."

***

Jessica wondered why in the world did she take up Yuri's offer. She stood outside the office, waiting for a certain Miss Kim. Jessica never liked waiting for people. Who cares if Miss Kim was her supervisor? She was about to cross her arms when she heard the beep of the access card reader, and she spun her body around to look. A petite woman, probably in her twenties, came up to her.

"You're Jessica, am I right?"

"Uh, yeah," came her mindless reply.

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows for a second or two, displeased with Jessica's attitude, but that expression faded. "Let me bring you to your seat." Jessica looked around skeptically, before hesitantly settling into her desk. Taeyeon only briefly explained what Jessica had to do, before she left her to do her work.

The moment Taeyeon stepped into her own room within the office, she immediately dialed Yuri, who picked up in less than a few seconds.

"Yes Taeyeon?"

"Yul... What's with the girl you introduced?"

"The girl? As in Jessica?"

"Yeah."

"What's wrong with her?"

"She doesn't look like she even wants to be here."

"Ah... She's like this. She really needs this job, Taeyeon. She looks really y but trust me, she's gonna be able to do her work well. Do me this favour, won't you?"

"Are you sure...?"

"Yes, I'm sure. She just starts off really bad. But just...do me this favour...?"

"I... Ah okay... Just for you, Yul..."

"Thanks a lot babe. Love you."

"Love you too!"

With that, Taeyeon hung up, but she was still having doubts about this Jessica girl. She wasn't wrong though. Two weeks later, she was already yelling her head off at Jessica.

"How many times do you need me to repeat this?! You don't just conveniently enter the data together!"

"Isn't it the same... I mean, it's much less hassle to do it this way instead..." Jessica's voice was incredibly monotonous - a sign that she was starting to get annoyed. She didn't understand why her supervisor had to be so nitpicky. Was there a need for her to make such a trivial matter sound like a great big deal? The two of them were almost at each other's throats after the few days even though Taeyeon was her supervisor. Jessica's colleagues stayed away from her, not wanting to be roped into their arguments.

"Jessica, you don't just do things the way you want them to here!"

"I'm just try'na be a little bit more efficient."

***

"I had enough of that midget!" Jessica yelled in frustration as she slammed her shot glass down on the counter. It was the first time in a month that Jessica and Yuri were meeting up, after Jessica had taken up the job. Yuri was getting enough complaints from both Taeyeon and Jessica, and she thought that perhaps it was time to talk to Jessica about it.

"I think she probably had enough of you too..." Yuri replied mindlessly, downing a shot right after that.

"I don't wanna do this any more."

"Can you?" Two simple words from Yuri had Jessica shutting . Her life had indeed been easier after receiving her first paycheck. She was able to buy some proper food for Krystal, who was so happy that Jessica almost teared just looking at her.

"Seriously... She's just... Argh I don't know."

"Sica, you know that she's being nice, still letting you work there after all your slipshod nonsense."

"What? Slipshod nonsense? Is this what she has been telling you?"

"I mean... She said that you weren't listening too well..."

"She told on me? Seriously Yul?"

"Honestly, you probably weren't so nice to her, were you? Taeyeon's a really nice person. It takes a lot for her to be this angry, you know? Sica, I really hope that you know what's good for you. I don't know what has gotten into you rec-" Yuri's words stopped short when she noticed the change in her friend's eyes. "Wait, did something happen?" Jessica didn't look back at her, but instead, she downed another two shots, before she finally spoke up.

"Rebels are on my back." Yuri frowned, the moment she heard what Jessica said.

"Again? Gyuri?"

"Last month, I found Gyuri choking Yoona just to spite me."

"What?! That doesn't listen, does she?"

"I'm really... I'm so fed up with them that I'm just incredibly hot-tempered these days and I don't exactly wanna do anything at all... I just wanna hide somewhere where I don't have to face them any more..."

"Unnie." The two girls had their heads turned when Yoona's familiar voice reached their ears.

"Hey, you're here." Yuri extended her arm before wrapping in over the girl's neck.

"Yoonaaaaaaa!" Yoona found herself jumping into Jessica's embrace when the girl welcomed her with open arms.

The three girls had the time to themselves as they caught up with one another, their topics mainly focused on how Jessica and Taeyeon were at loggerheads with each other. Jessica was busy complaining, Yuri was busy sighing, while Yoona was busy laughing. It wasn't too long, when a tall and slim girl approached the darkest of the three.

"Hey Kwon Y-" Before the girl could finish her words, her eyes suddenly switched to silver, while the dark Silver Pulse showed up on her neck, eyeing Jessica and Yoona. The girls on the other hand had their backs straightened, similarly, their eyes silver, and their Silver Pulses on their neck brightening up.

"Hey hey Sooyoung they're my friends." The girl called Sooyoung only looked back at Yuri in slight surprise.

"Oh these Guardians are your friends? I didn't quite have a good encounter with a Guardian the last time. Sorry for that, girls." The tallest girl flashed a smile, her eyes back to black, and her dark Silver Pulse fading to a lighter luminance. Jessica and Yoona found themselves relaxing too, as Yuri introduced her friend.

"Is it that weird for a Rebel to have Guardian friends? I mean, they're cool people you know," Yuri mindlessly said, as she offered Sooyoung a drink.

"It's not weird. It's just a little uncommon, I'd say. But yeah, it's cool. The two of you are ridiculously good-looking, by the way." Sooyoung laughed a little, before she popped a few truffle fries into , and nobody knew where she got that from.

"Where did you get that? Can I try...?" Yoona asked innocently, and Sooyoung only smiled, before pushing the bowl of truffle fries to her.

 


[A/N] 30/7/2014

Hello TSG readers! I know it's been a while, but here I am. It wasn't easy for me to plan the storyline for TSG. It took me the whole afternoon basically. No cliffhangers this time, lucky you. *laughs* I'm actually trying to include as many members as I can in this story. I know Taeyeon doesn't have that many parts just yet, but it's coming, I promise.

On a slightly serious note, I've to admit that this is my first ever fantasy story and I'm not even sure if my writing will be able to pull it off, so I'm sincerely asking for your understanding if I fail to meet your expectations. Leave me many comments and tell me where I can improve on, or which parts of the story did you like, or whatever. As usual, tell me anything :) This second chapter has used up so many of my brain cells, and I believe that I'll most probably be working on the third chapter for Love Assumed next because it's easier for me to write. Whatever it is, I hope to see you wherever I am (or updated)! ^^

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales