Beings, Guardians, Rebels

The Silver Guardian

- Story view -

Jessica Jung was on her way to her favourite bakery, where her friend, Im Yoona was working at. She always found herself getting more breads or buns or cakes or anything of that sort at a much cheaper price. Sometimes, Yoona would secretly keep some leftover cakes, pies and breads from the night before so that she could give it to Jessica. She knew that the girl was always low on cash, since she had another mouth to feed all by herself - her younger sister.

Jessica might not have come from a wealthy family, but she was at least from a family with a normal financial status, not poor, that is. But that was until both her parents were found dead at a carpark one day, and Jessica found herself having to feed herself as well as her younger sister, Krystal, with that little amount of money left behind by her parents. She was only twelve, and her sister, seven. Fortunately for her, one of her father's friends had decided to give them a roof to live under. But that was all the help that family could afford to give, because they themselves were struggling to stay alive. Jessica began taking on part time jobs to make ends meet. There were many occasions when she let herself go hungry and gave all the food she could get to her little sister instead. She would cry, when Krystal tugged at her sleeve, telling her that she was full and that she wanted Jessica to have the rest of the food, only to have her stomach growling in the next second. She would always end up telling her, "Krys, I'm fine. You eat. Don't let yourself go hungry. Grow up and be strong. Then you can fight this world with me."

That was thirteen years ago. The Jessica now was all grown up. Taller, a body shape with a beautiful S-line, and for someone her size, tough, very tough. It wasn't just the physical changes. There was something major that had changed about Jessica. She was different. Not her looks, although her beauty was stunning. It was something about having eyes which would turn silver. It was something about being able to react within a millionth millisecond. It was something about being able to move at an extremely fast speed that it almost looked like teleportation. It was something about seeing a glowing sign on certain people's necks, which seemingly was invisible to many other people. The Silver Pulse, they said. The intensity of the sign's glow indicated the energy of its owner, very similar to a human being's health. There was a whole lot more, about what she could do. Initially, it scared the hell out of her. But it didn't take long, before she embraced the fact, and actually was proud of it, that she was one of the Silver Guardians who was roaming this Earth, among the numerous other human beings.

Jessica closed her eyes as she imagined the silver ball of light within her moving from her brain to her heart. She opened her eyes, and her eyes were no longer silver. They were brown again, just like how they should be. It was a method passed down by generations of Silver Guardians to hide the colour of their eyes from normal human beings, and Jessica was already so good at it that she could do it within a split second. Her eyes perked up when she sensed that dark aura. She felt it. That tingling, yet threatening sensation. Silver Rebels. The Silver Rebels were initially a bunch of Silver Guardians. This bunch of people slowly grew in size as they planned to take over this world of human beings. The majority of Silver Guardians were against it, and the bunch of them became Silver Rebels as they practiced unorthodox methods to mutate their genes. As a result, the silver sign on each of their necks that could only be seen by fellow Silver Guardians became a dark ominous one instead.

She frowned, when she could sense the immense power from a Silver Rebel and a weak one from a fellow Silver Guardian. Im Yoona. Jessica's eyes widened in shock when she realised that her friend might be in danger. She focused, as the silver sign on her neck glowed, even though it was invisible to the human eye. Her eyes sparkled with determination when she roughly made out the location where the aura was being emitted. She moved fast and it was a spot on.

Jessica's hair ruffled a little, from the speed she was travelling at just a moment ago, before they settled down. Yoona was being lifted and pressed against the wall, by no one, physically that is. A pained expression was shown all over her face as she looked like she was choking. A girl with long brown hair was facing Yoona, one of her hand lifted, as if she was controlling what was pinning Yoona. Jessica didn't have to see her face to know who she was. The girl looked from the corner of her eyes, without bothering to turn, as she sensed the newcomer.

"Let her go." Jessica's tone was stone cold.

"Look, Yoona. We have company." The brunette smirked, as she stayed in her position.

"I said, let her go. Park Gyuri." Jessica was determined.

The girl known as Park Gyuri chuckled. "Well well." She let out a breath before her hand fell to her side and Yoona was released from the invisible hold as she fell onto the ground, holding her neck while coughing badly. Jessica's eyes darted from Gyuri, then to Yoona, and then back to the brunette again. This time, Gyuri finally turned to look at Jessica. "Long time no see, buddy. Nice to see you again."

"It's not so nice for me," Jessica replied coldly. "Now, off." She rolled her eyes as she made her way towards Yoona, roughly bumping Gyuri's shoulder on the way.

"Jessica." Jessica stopped before she reached Yoona, but she didn't turn.

"What the do you want, Gyuri?"

"Join us." Jessica chuckled as she turned, and Gyuri too, turned, such that the two of them were facing each other.

"Me? Join you? Are you ing kidding me?"

"I still don't get what's holding you back. You're powerful enough now, and you can become way more powerful than you already are, once you join us. You're a gem to us."

"But it doesn't work the other way round." Jessica gave her a cold stare. "I'm not interested in joining you. Not in the past, not now, not ever. Stop messing with my friends just because you know that I'm here. I may just kill you someday."

Gyuri chuckled, as she shook her head. "We don't know who's stronger, yet. I'm not intimidated, Jessica. But I guess it's still not working this time. I'll be back," she continued, as she winked. "Don't miss me. And nice meeting you again, Yoona." Gyuri smiled before disappearing in a split second.

Jessica let out a huge breath and rolled her eyes before she turned and quickly got to Yoona, whose Spirit Sign was so faint that it was almost invisible. She supported the girl so that she could sit more comfortably while leaning against the wall. "Yoona are you okay?" Yoona nodded weakly as she gently held her neck. "Come closer. You need some strength back." Jessica pressed her palm against the side of Yoona's neck and energy could be seen returning to the younger girl's face. "Screw that ing ," Jessica cursed once again as she held Yoona up.

 


[A/N] No cliffhanger no nothing, because I promised that I wouldn't leave you readers hanging. I wrote this so that you might have a better grasp of the path I'm taking for this story. I'm pretty excited about this particular story because it's so...out of the world. Let me know what you think about it? Just for fun, who do you think our other main character, Taeyeon, is? A normal human being, a Silver Guardian, or a Silver Rebel? Or should I ask, which one do you want Taeyeon to be? ^^ It'd be nice if you'd leave a comment. But in case you really wouldn't want to, then maybe you can fill up the poll for me? :)

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales