#2

Doctors

The next day at Biology class, it was practical day. Saehyun looked around at the people near her. They were all partnered up, leaving her alone. She figured she'd do it alone since it wasnt that big deal of an experiment.

"Yah- Saehyun-ah! Are you really starting without me?" A boy shouted as he  entered the room. It was Minho. "You werent here before." she pointed out.

Minho gave her an over-exaggerated sorry look. "Well I'm sorry. The history teacher wanted to talk to me, didn't think it would make me late for class."

"Alright, you joining or what?" she offered him a practical sheet paper which he took. "My pleasure."

After looking at the instructions, they each let out a big sigh. The paper was super easy. They only need to observe the top and bottom part of a leaf given to them and  tell the difference, after counting the stems and identifying the colours.

"This is baby stuff. Why is there even  a practical for this?" Minho complained. She joined in, "I think they mistook grade 9 as grade 6 and gave us the wrong papers."

Even though they hated it, they completed the experiment under 10 minutes and started talking to eachother. While talking, Saehyun took the leaf given to them and wrote her name on it with her pen. Minho saw what she did and wrote his name on the other side. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"I dont know, I'm just doing whatever you're doing." They laughed. She took the leaf and played around with it out of boredom. It tore apart in half. "Hey Minho-yah, look." she showed him the torn plant.

"No! hahaha why did you rip it?" he said. She shrugged her shoulders. "It was an accident."

He looked at her, then at the leaf. "Fine, I'll keep the one with your name, and you keep mine." She looked at the other part of the leaf, containing his name which was written messily. "Why?"

Minho took her part of the leaf and put  it in his Biology textbook. "Memories? It's not everyday you get to write on leaves." he stared at the torn leaf. "I'll glue it on later."

She just laughed at the whole situation. "You're pretty weird. Do you know that?" He gave her a sad face.

"It's okay, I like weird. Weird is good." she said.

Minho gave her a small smile, "You're pretty weird yourself."

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Saehyun walked along the corridors of the school with one of the best friends, Mimi. They talked about lots of things, countless things but the topic that they talk about the most is their love for k-pop.

For some bizzare reason, most of the kids in their school hate kpop and they were on of the few that actually loved it. "So, are you really going to the concert?" Mimi asked. She was talking about the Girls Generation Comeback concert. They were planning on buying the tickets.

"Ofcourse I will. Wouldnt miss it for the world. Did you buy the tickets already? I'll pay you back later." she said. Mimi nodded, "I did, I'll send you my mom's bank account and you can send your money there."

"Okay." and they talked about how the structure of the concert hall would be while sitting on a bench near the soccer field.

The two girls were so busy  talking they didnt realise there was a person approaching them from behind. "Hey guys, what is that?"  the person said.

Saehyun looked up to find Minho staring at Mimi's phone. On the screen, there was a layout of the concert hall for GG's comeback. "Is that- kpop?" he asked.

Minho smiled disbelievingly, then laughed. "I didnt know you were into kpop."

She looked at her friend uncomfortably for kpop was unpopular in their school. Their other friends usually bash them for liking it and that made them insecure about it. Mimi looked defiantly at Minho and said, "Yeah, so what if we like it?"

"I dont know, maybe because not many people like it. But I dont mind. It actually looks interesting." He said.

Saehyun was waiting for the insults to come.. how kpop guys look gay, how they wear eyeliners, how they all look the same, etc. But none came. Minho just stayed quiet after saying that. They just blinked their eyes in response.

"So who's that? They look cheerful and fun." He asked after a while. 

"Umm, that's Girls Generation." Mimi said as casually as she could. "Thanks."

He looked at each of the girls and asked again. Saehyun felt like he was interviewing them. "So which group is your favorite?"

"SHINee." they both answered quietly. After hearing that, Minho opened his phone and started focusing on it.

Mimi nudged Saehyun in question, "What are you doing?" Saehyun asked in place of her friend.

He showed the screen of his smartphone to her and she saw that he was Google-ing the word SHINee, resulting into a some pictures and videos of the boyband. Before she could do anything to stop him, he clicked on the first video titled 'Everybody'. 

The volume was maddening. It was probably set on the loudest and kpop was blasting everywhere,causing some passing people to glance at them.

Minho just looked at the video seriously. "Their dance is awesome." he clicked pause. "Dont you think he looks like me?" he pointed to a member of the group.

Mimi's eyes went wide. "Yes, yes you do." she blinked her eyes and said, "No, actually. You look like him, not the other way around."

Saehyun just stared at her friends. She didnt know what to say. 

He smiled kindly at them. "Ofcourse, ofcourse. I'll take that as a compliment. Anyways, see you around."

As he walked away from them he stopped, turned back to face them and tried to do the Everybody dance. He failed and laughed at himself, causing the two girls to giggle too.

 

 ----------------------------------------

 

Later at night when Saehyun was just done showering, she wrapped her long dark hair with a fluffy white towel and reached for her laptop to watch dramas. What else was she going to do with her life? Study? Like hell she would.

She was painting her nails with a bright blue polish, her favorite colour, while the drama was playing. Life couldnt get any better, and it was simple pleasures like this that she loved so much about it.

After 20 minutes, as she was about to change from dramas to one of her favorite animes, her phone buzzed.

Choi_Minho

"Hey, how are u doing?"

 

She was surprised to how it was him. She added him on Line a long time ago but they never chatted before. 

 

Choi_Minho

                                                                   "Hey, how are u doing?"

                                                                                                    "I'm good. Just cant be bothered with 
                                                                 homework. U?"  

                                                                   "Hahaha. I'm great."
                                                                   "Wait. WE HAVE HOMEWORK?"

                                                                                              "Yeah, Computer. The questions 
                                                                                he gave us remember."

                                                                   "Omg. No ducking way"
                                                                   "Ugh autocorrect. so annoying."

                                                                        "Hahahahahah lol."
                                                                                                             "There's 50 questions. Better start working 
                                                          now, doc."

                                                                   "Yeah, I should."
                                                                   "Wait, arent u gonna do urs?"

                                                                           "I did 30 yesterday."
                                                                                  "I'm doing the rest later."

                                                                    "Zzz. U're such a smarty pants."

                                                                                            " 'Smarty pants' ? Really? haha"
                                                                                             "Who uses that term nowadays."

                                                                    "Whatever. haha"
                                                                    "So what if I like being original."

                                                                                                "It's called outdated, not original ;)"

                                                                   "Hahah good onee."
                                                                   "This is nice, btw :)"

                                                             "What is??"

                                                                   "Chatting with u."
                                                                   "U're an interesting person to talk to."
                                                                   "And smart, and funny. hahaha"

                                                                       "Thanks? I guess?"
                                                         "Hahahaa"

                                                                  "Ur welcome ;)"
                                                                  "Anyways, gotta go."
                                                                  "Those 50 questions arent doing
                                                                  themselves u know "

                                                                  "Hahahah okay."
                                                             "Fighting! ^^"

                                                                  "Thanks. U too :]" 

 

Saehyun looked up from her phone only to discover that she has missed half of the episode she was watching because she was texting him. She smiled at her own stupidity and rewinded the episode.

But this time, she made sure to close and put down her phone before any distractions came up. 

And Choi Minho was definitely a distraction.

 

--------------------------------

 

Author's note: If you're wondering why I put in Minho and Saehyun's chat in the story, it's because the texts describe the 
condition of their relationship. Plus it's fun-ner that way :] Enjoy.