#17

Doctors

After the first week of adapting to my college schedule and whatnot, I was already feeling the pressure of med-school. 

Everything was really hectic, and along the way, Heechul oppa gave me a few tips while Luhan accompanied me during most of my classes and lectures since we share a lot of the same ones. I haven't seen Minho around much after what had happened last time; figures.

It was another chilly day, although I could feel the spring approaching soon. Luhan was walking next to me as usual, tugging down the edges of his beanie to cover his frozen ears. 

Remembering that I had spare earmuffs in my bag, I pulled out a pair. It's becoming a habit of mine to have a backup item for everything that I own. Keys, cosmetics, medicine, you name it. My purse is basically a replica of Noah's Arc. 

I handed Luhan the pink fluffy earmuff and he cringed when he looked at it. "Pink?"

"It's the only one I got left." I reasoned, "Take it or leave it."

He whined like a 5 year old boy, "But I won't look manly!"

I scoffed, "And that is a problem because?"

"Because I am very manly! And I have to look the part." Luhan sneezed a second after. 

I rolled my eyes and took of my white earmuff off my head and put on the one he rejected. I gave him the white ones and he grinned in satisfaction. 

"Thanks, Hyunnie."

I raised an eyebrow at what he just called me, "Hyunnie?"

He stuck his tongue out and walked on, not even bothering to answer my question. I sighed and jogged up to him to keep up with his pace. 

"Aw- look at those asians, so cute!" Some foreign girls chatted. Luhan smirked and turned to face me. "They think we're a cute couple. Heard that?"

I hesitantly answered, "You sure about that?" I urged him to listen further. 

"Yeah! I wish I had a sister like that! They're both so pretty and adorbs!" One of the girls commented.

Luhan's mouth gaped open in protest and he harrumphed away from the girls. I chuckled lightly as I called for him to wait for me. 

Not much later, I saw him turn around and then made quick, hasty steps towards the group of German girls. When he arrived, he looked at me and signalled for me to walk over to them. I groaned before joining them. 

"Hey, so I heard you talking about me and my girlfriend over here," he gestured towards me. The girls blinked in utter shock and they slowly looked my way. I could only smile awkwardly, killing Luhan in my mind. 

"Yes-" Luhan continued with grudge, "-this is my girlfriend. I have a girlfriend. I am of the male species, I attract females and vice versa." He stared each of the girls down, giving them judging looks, "I am a freaking man!"

After his mini showdown, the manly male left with his arms crossed infront of his chest. I bit down a giggle and turned to the girls. "I'm sorry, he's ually confused." I slightly bowed my head, the asian habit kicking in, "Excuse us."

When I caught up to Luhan once more, I sneered. "Yah- how could you be so blunt?" I smiled, "and childish."

He merely scowled at me and replied, "Because they said I looked like your sister!"

"And I suppose looking like my boyfriend was very much better, huh?" I teased. 

Luhan rolled his eyes, but his smile appeared. "Atleast being your boyfriend meant being a guy." He sighed, "I swear to God I am a dude."

"Sure, whatever you say," I sing-songed. 

He grew irritated, "I am!"

"Yeah, yeah."

"I hate my life."

 

--------------------------------------------

 

I was still fast asleep when I heard my door being knocked. I scrambled off the matress and yawned tiredly before standing up.

But before I could even reach for the door, the wooden thing flew open, and a shrill voice was heard. "STELLA!"

I turned my head towards the sound and saw that Minho was also infront of the door, holding a child's hands. "Mommy said I could play here!" the kid said. To my surprise, it was Alexis.

The little girl immediately tackled me with a hug and I looked at Minho, dazed. "I tried stopping her," He shrugged cooly.

"Um- Alex, where's mommy?" I asked the child. She looked up at me before fumbling a bit with her yellow windbreaker, searching for something in the front pockets. Then she handed me a small paper note, which I took.

 

I'm leaving Alexis with you 'cause I needed to go to my job interview. Plus, the kid wouldn't stop begging me to visit you. So why not?
Can you watch over her for me? It'll just take a bit, I promise.

Thanks!
Your best auntie, Cams.

 

"She left you with her?" Minho asked from behind me. I practically jumped out of shock when noticing his presence. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." he apologized.

Ever since that day, Minho had been very quiet and careful when it comes to me. He'd immediately apologize to me even if it wasn't something really relevant. "It's okay," I assured him.

Alexis tugged at my shirt and pointed at Minho, "Who is he?"

"Oh, that's just Minho." I answered rather ignorantly. She scrunched up her face, "Are you two married?"

I widened my eyes at her questioned and coughed uncomfortably. "No. Why did you think we were?"

"Well- Mommy and daddy live together, and they're married. And you live together too... but you're not married?" she ended her sentence with a confused tone. I heard Minho laugh and answer back, "We're just friends. We live together because we're roomates."

Friends

Is that what we are now?

Alex turned to me, making sure what she heard was right. I nodded weakly, "Yeah.. Friends." I glanced at Minho, and he still smiled calmly, only paying attention to the little girl. I suddenly remembered that he was fond of kids, and face-palmed myself for recalling such a useless memory.

"Well-" I continued, "What do you want to do now?"

The girl went past me and curled up in my bed before jumping up and down. "I want to eat~ I'm hungry," she bellowed. Minho followed her and caught her when she nearly landed on her face, "What do you feel like eating?" he asked.

Alex smiled happily as Minho carried her to the kitchen. "I want Saehyun's special pancakes!"

At that, Minho raised his eyebrows, "Saehyun's- what?" He turned to face me, "But you said you couldn't cook."

Caught red-handed, I shrugged. Of course I wouldn't tell him that I lied before; it would be embarrassing if I did. "Pancakes? For dinner?" I ignored his earlier question. The child grinned and nodded, "Yeah, why not?"

I let out a laugh and began taking out the ingredients. "Alright, as long as you'll eat, anything will do. Oh yeah-" I called to Minho, "- where is Luhan and Heechul oppa?"

The said guy mumbled incoherrently, "They're out with some people. I thought I told them to wait for me but I guess they forgot." I almost laughed at how grumpy he had sounded, but I held myself together. Alexis then shoved Minho to my direction and demanded him to carry her up.

"I want to see Stella cook." She explained. Minho only shrugged and moved closer to my side, holding the little girl in his arms. I squinted at him, "Stay away, Minho. Don't bother me."

He groaned and stepped aside, "But Alex wants to-"

"What are you doing?" the child yelled out, "Go closer!" she whined and that made the confused lad walked forward to me again. "Go away." I snapped.

Alexis frowned, "Minho stay. Pretty please?" she whispered into his ear. I glared at him and he whimpered, glancing back and forth from the girl and me. He turned towards me, "She said the magic word, Saehyun."

"Who said the magic word?" I asked since I didn't notice that Alexis had been the one wanting to stay. "She did." Minho tilted his head to the girl.

I smiled, "Ofcourse Alex can stay!" I took her away from Minho and placed her on the counter top. "Now you may leave," I said to him. He sighed and was about to turn away but then my cousin complained, "I want him to be here too!"

"Aish- why?" Minho almost pleaded, I snorted. "Fine, you can wash the veggies." I instructed him.

A half an hour was spent like that, with Alexis commanding, me cooking, and Minho being bossed around the place. The pancake my lil' cousin mentioned earlier was actually jeon- you know the korean pancakes they usually make in variety shows? Yeah- that one. I finished making them and even had spare time to stir up some chicken soup Heechul oppa had refrigerated earlier.

Minho quickly dug into the food I prepared, feeling tired after all the nonsensical things Alex had forced him to do. I smiled to myself as I fed the hungry little girl some jeon. "I like him." I heard her say.

"What?" I questioned.

Alexis smiled, "If you're not gonna marry him, I will." and at her words, Minho started choking. I panickedly went over and patted his back, trying not to laugh at the situation. He gulped down some water and stood up.

"I'm.. going to go back now." he muttered gazing awkwardly to us, "Got some notes to read over."

"Study well!" Alex cheered. I only shook my head and excused him.

After Minho had gone to his room, I raised an eyebrow at my cousin, "Marry him, huh? Why do you want to do that?"

"Because he's tall. He can carry me around and stuff."

Oh, the simple mind of children.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Out of all the courses I had to take, Biochemistry is the least to my liking. For 2 whole hours, I was staring blankly at the thick textbook infront of me, trying to make sense of all the new knowledge. After Alexis was picked up by my uncle, (Since aunt Cam was still busy) I tried to make up the time wasted by studying.

Lord knows how hard this was.

Luhan and Heechul haven't come back yet and I slightly remembered Minho mentioning that they were having a study group thingy. But I doubt they were going to learn anything. I mean- Heechul is a second year. What can they possibly study? Their syllabuses are different.

I groaned in frustration and slammed the book shut, standing up from my desk to walk to the kitchen for some coffee.

The kitchen's lights were off and I was basically blind, so I flicked the switch on. To my surprise, Minho was sitting on the dining table with a half-asleep expression. I was so close to screaming- if it were not for my super-human self control. "Minho?" I said aloud, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh?" he paid his attention to me, "Oh. I was going to get a drink but I guess I fell asleep here."

He scrunched his nose, "What are you doing at this hour?" he looked at the clock, it was 02.00 AM. I sighed and walked over to the coffee machine, "I was trying to study. Thought I needed some coffee."

He scoffed, "Biochemistry?"

"Yep,"

"Then your life will depend on that coffee." Minho remarked.

I started scratching my hair in frustration, "Everything . Not even Luhan or Heechul oppa is here to help me- and they have the complete notes!"

"Speaking of them, do you think they're still 'studying'?" he pointed out mischievously.

I sneered, "Yeah. They're even doing experiments for the topic."

Surprised, Minho's mouth gaped, "Really? They were serious? What topic?"

"Alcohol." I said, smirking. He looked confused for a second but then he got the meaning of my sarcatic joke. As I made my coffee, Minho poured himself some of the green tea he had forgotten before. "Green tea?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah. It's good for keeping your eyes open. Actually works like coffee- but way healthier."

"Oh." I noted. "You're staying up late?"

He glanced at the cup of coffee in my hand and snatched it. "Nope. But you are." Minho stated as he walked away, "Thanks for the coffee."

"B-but! Give it back you jerk!" I screamed.

I could hear his laugh echo through the hall, "Green tea is healthier!"

 

---------------------------------------------------------