#7

Doctors

She could feel her bed vibrating, was it an earthquake? She sat up panickedly on her bed, looking around her room for any signs of danger. Turns out it was her phone. Suddenly Saehyun felt cranky, like the giant in 'Jack and the Beanstalk': Fee Fi Fo Fum, WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBERR..

She reached grogilly for her phone and frowned at the screen, it was too bright for her eyes.

Minho texted her a few times and she didnt feel like answering. It was still 06.57 in the morning and she hadn't had her coffee yet.

After a few minutes of recollecting herself, she finally replied to him.

Choi_Minho

                                                                Good morning Saehyun-ah
                                                                I'll pick u up later ya
                                                                Better shower and get ready now
                                                                :]

                                                                                                           Are u kidding me. It's 7 in the morning.
                                                                     Go back to bed
                                                                       You crazy retard

                                                                Awh haha
                                                                Someone's grumpy.

                                                                                                                   Text me one more time and I'll hunt u down.

                                                                WAKE UP SAEHYUN
                                                                UP UP UP!
                                                                rise and shine.          read07:13    

                                                               
                                                                     Are u ignoring me? 
   read07.45 

                                                                       Alright, I'm up.
                                                        Sorry.
                                                                                                                 But when I'm asleep, I'm pretty hardcore

                                                                Yeah right hardcore.
                                                                It's 8 in the morning noww

                                                                 Well, sorry.
                                                                                                            I'm not exactly a 'morning' person.
                                                           hahaha

                                                                Just go shower and get ready.
                                                                kay?

                                                                                         When will you pick me up?

                                                                 At 11.30-ish?
                                                                 :)

                                                        OMG. 
                                                                                      That's still a long timeee
                                                                                         And u wake me up now??
                                                                                                U are dead to me, choi minho.
                                                        DEAD.

Saehyun turned off her phone and buried herself in her pillows, continuing her rudely-interrupted sleep. She simply ignored the buzzing of her phone, ignoring him.

 

----------------------------

 

Despite Sunjoo's best efforts to persuade her to wear a dress, Saehyun was more determined not to wear a dress, and in the end, she wore jeans shorts paired with a white sweater that has a mint-blue detailing at the hem. It was the girliest thing they could get her to wear.

The reason why Saehyun was stubborn with her clothes was because she didnt want to feel like it was a 'date'. She'd rather prefer the term 'hang out' with a 'friend'. Everything just feels awkward to her right now. Saehyun's hair was still wet after the shower and she went ahead to use the hair-dryer when her phone buzzed.

It was a text from minho saying that he'll arrive in 10 more minutes. She freaked out, turning on the hair-dryer on full power and running her fingers through her damp hair, airing it out. Her mother peeked from behind her door and smiled. "Well dont you look cute!" she said. Saehyun shrugged shyly and continued her hair-drying.

"So, where are you going with Minho?" Her mom giggled. "Mom, stop it. This is just a normal hang out with a friend."

She looked at her daughter with mischief, "I didnt say anything. Hahaha."

Ugh, moms. Saehyun thought.

"Seriously though honey, where are you going?" mom asked curiously. "He's taking me shopping mom. I hope you're happy. It's your dream come true." Saehyun said in a sarcastic tone.

Her mother suddenly sat up and complained, "WHAT. Why does he get to take you shopping? I also want to take you shopping! I never get to take my own daughter shopping. It's not fair sweety."

Saehyun went to her mom and hugged her. "Someday mommy, someday. I'll go shopping with you someday. I promise." and she felt her mom hug her back tighter. It has been a while since she did this. "Okay honey, you promised."

At that moment, the doorbell rang and Saehyun's mom let go of her as she gave her a knowing smile. "Dont worry honey, you look great." she assured her before she left to answer the door.

Saehyun checks herself in the mirror one last time before she headed out, just to make sure that she didnt look like the total mess she was inside. Her hair was a little damp but some wavy locks of it were already drying, her clothes are fine and her face.. Well she didnt bother to put on make up..

Or should she?

What was she thinking? Definitely not make-up. Oh, she must've really been out of her mind to be able to think of wearing make-up.

She walked out of her room, slipped on her dark blue flat-shoes and went inside the living room. There he was, wearing his casual attire that included ripped jeans, a red-plaid button shirt and a dark grey hoodie on top of it. Now she could see that he really likes to dress-up because the clothes actually look good on him.

"Hey. Dont you look cute today," he said. Saehyun looked at him in a weirded-out expression. "You're not the first person who said that to me today." She glanced at her mom who was smiling awkwardly.

"Stop it Minho, you're turning into my mother." she said with a smile as she walked pass him to the door and yell out. "Goodbye mom. Love you. Be back soon."

She heard Minho's laughter as they called for a taxi to the mall. "I didnt know you had it in you Saehyun-ah." he said after a while.

"What are you talking about?" she asked. A taxi stopped infront of them and he opened the door for her. "I just didnt think you were the type to say 'I love you' so easily." he said after going in the cab with her. He told the driver where they were headed and looked back at her.

She laughed as she shook her head. "Oh Minho, that was my mom! She is family. It doesnt count." He smiled warmly to her and reached behind him, taking out a shopping bag. "Here you go. I was serious about what I said."

She accepted the bag from him and looked inside. It was some soft and warm fabric. Saehyun slowly took the item out of the bag and discovered that it was a huge white knit-sweater. It looked too big for her. "Is this the thing you talked about? The oversized sweater?" she asked.

Minho rolled his eyes. "Yes, but it's not called 'the thing' nor 'the oversized sweater'. It's called the Boyfriend Sweater." he said in a matter-of-factly way. She laughed, "That sounds ridiculous. Why would that even be a thing?"

"Cause.. ugh nevermind." he sighed. "Sometimes even I wonder why I'm so into you."

She felt herself blush and looked away. This is so embarassing. "Yeah, I wonder too. Why do you even like me?"

He looked at her for a while and the answered. "Cause you're you, I guess."

 

----------------------------------------

 

Shopping with Minho was exactly how she predicted it would be. He went in from shop to shop, each time finding something for her while she waits for him on the seat in the store, playing Flappy Bird. It wasnt all that bad, when she was waiting for him, she got a new highscore of 103. Maybe she should play the game in clothing stores more often.

However, Minho was dead serious about shopping for her. He made her try on many pieces of clothing, approving and dissaproving each one. There were all sorts of clothes he made her wear. Dresses, skirts, shorts, jeans, sweaters, etc.

Apparently, Saehyun found out that there were different types of jeans. Skinny jeans, high-waisted and more. She still couldnt get over the fact that Minho actually knew all of these terms.

In the end, he bought her a small, black, flowy skirt with tiny cherries patterned on it, some black tights and a pair of white Converse shoes.

Saehyun insisted on paying it since it was going to be in her wardrobe but he wouldnt let her pay because it was 'his idea' to go shopping. After a long debate, they agreed on her paying for the shoes and him for the rest.

As soon as they went out of the store, Minho took her by her arm and lead her to the toilet. "Change into the clothes we just got. Oh, and dont forget to style your hair with the Anime Bun." he winked as he walked out to wait for her.

She scoffed, how dare he boss her around like that? It felt like she was the Barbie that he was playing dress-up with.

It felt really odd.

After approximately 15 minutes, Saehyun walked out of the toilet wearing the white 'Boyfriend Sweater' (It still sounds ridiculous to her), her black skirt with cherries, black tights and white converse. Oh, and the Anime Bun. She placed all of her original clothes in a shopping bag so she could carry it with her.

At first, Minho stared at her and then he gradually smiled. "God, I should be a stylist or something I am so good!" he exclaimed. She laughed at his reaction. "Really? It's not bad right? Cause if it looks ridiculous, I will kill you Minho-yah."

He smiled. "Are you kidding me? It's ridiculously good on you. Trust me." Minho looked at her again. "You really should dress like this more often you know."

"And by that you meant, dress more Tumblr?" she looked blankly at him. Seriously, she has no idea what to do with this guy. "Yes, but not the weird side of Tumblr, just the good part of it." he said.

He held her hand, guiding her once more to some place. "Minho-yah.Where are we going?" she asked. "I'm tired from all the walking. Can we rest?" He turned his head to face her and replied, "You'll thank me later, babe."

She scoffed in response. 'This guy has major narcissism issues. Yep, he probably has the biggest head in the world. There's something wrong with him. I mean, what kind of guy likes shopping. Maybe he's a mutant.. Anyways, he's so strange.' She thought.

Saehyun realised that they were walking into a pizza restaurant. Then, Minho led her to a table where they sat and told the waiter their orders, one pizza margarita and two glasses of coke. Her favourite.

'He's okay, I guess.' she thought once more.

They talked with one another while they wait for their food to come, laughter coming out of their table every now and then. They were just being a happy, young couple, simply happy to be in eachother's presence.

"So, have you thought about which college you want to go for med school?" he asked her. She shrugged and said, "My mom wants me to go to either Australia, Germany or Holland. It's because I have relatives who can watch over me there."

He looked up at her, swallowing his pizza and then said, "No way, my father works in Germany. He teaches boxing there. So I might be going there for college."

"Can you even speak German?" she asked in disbelief. He nodded, "I lived there until I was 5. And then my mum took me back to Korea after their divorce. So I know how to speak Deutch."

"Wow, really? You should teach me how to speak German then, cause my mom wants me to go there." she said, eating her pizza in generous-sized bites. He looked at her and said, "Okay, first lesson. Repeat after me: 'Ich verspreche, dass ich dich lieben'."

After fumbling and mumbling with the tough pronounciation, (Minho tried hiding his laughter. Tried.) Saehyun finally got the hang of it. "Ich verspreche dass ich dich lieben." she clapped her hands. "Yay! I did it!"

Minho clapped his hands too. "Good job, Saehyun-ah."

"Anyways, what does it mean?" she asked, realising that she didnt know what she just learned. He smiled wickedly, "I promise that I will love you."

She gasped in disbelief. Looking at him as if he was some terrorist who killed puppies, kittens and unicorns. "You cheat! That is not valid! I did not know!"

"You better keep that promise, Kim Saehyun." He said, laughing.

 

------------------------------------------