#15

Doctors

"So you're Korean too?" Luhan asked, shocked.

I nodded as I drank what was left of my morning coffee. "Yeah. I just moved here a few feeks ago." The pretty boy blinked his eyes a few more times before a laugh was heard from him. "What am I? A Korean magnet? They're everywhere, I tell you!"

When I tried asking him what he meant, he started slurring off into an alien-sounding language. I'm quite sure it's supposed to be Chinese since I took Mandarin lessons for like- 6 years. I knew those tutorings were useless.. I couldn't understand a thing he was spitting out.

"Umm.. Sorry Luhan but I don't understand what you're saying.."

Realizing my existence, he switched to German in a millisecond. "Oh, my bad. I speak various languages.. and I get mixed up at times." He chuckled, "I don't know whether that is a good or a bad sign."

I smiled amusedly at him, "What laguages can you speak?"

"I can speak English, Chinese, German and because of all these idiots surrounding me- Korean."

I almost choked on my own spit. How smart is this guy? I know I am asian, but now.. I'm not so sure.. Are asians supposed to be smart like him? If that's so- consider me a non-asian.

"Do you have a lot of Korean friends?" I asked in formal korean. He grinned at my sudden change in language and commented, "You know, we can drop the honorifics. I never liked it anyway- oh- and call me oppa."

This time, I actually did choke. Instead of helping me out with my condition, Luhan cackled and sank down in his couch, pointing a finger at me. When I casted him a pointed look, he raised his hands up and looked at me innocently. "What? Honorifics sound weird. And besides- I am older than you, isn't that the rule or something? Respect you elders- blah blah blah."

"Sure.. There's a Korean rule to  respect your elders and blah blah blah." I retorted sarcastically.

"Blah blah blah," he babbled.

"Blah blah."

"Blah?"

"Blahhh."

I shook my head in defeat as I giggled madly. My stomach was slightly hurting and I could see Luhan grinning like a little puppy from the corners of my eyes. "Stop it," I pleaded, still laughing, "We're starting to sound like Ke$ha."

Suddenly, Luhan stood up and sang the chorus of Ke$ha's 'Blah Blah Blah'. I covered my ears and begged him to stop. The only reason I knew about the song was because Mimi used to jam to it for weeks when it first came out. You could say that I was dead sick of the song. When Luhan kept on singing the rap part, I grabbed a down-pillow of the sofa and flew it at his face.

It hit him right on the forehead. "Bulls-eye!" I screamed in victory.

Luhan picked up a bigger pillow that was lying next to him and aimed at my helpless self. "Don't you dare..." I hissed, trying to find another pillow to use as ammunition. "Call me oppa, then." he offered. I shook my head vigorously and lunged myself at an available plushie near me. "Never!"

"You leave me no choice, Stella Kim."

I felt a thud on my left cheek and expected it to stop- but it didn't. Infact, it kept on repeatedly hitting me and that was when I realised that Luhan was my attacker. I screamed as I tried to cover myself with crossing my arms infront of me. "Stop it! Luhan!" He let out a menacing laugh as he brought down the pillow to my face, "Call. Me. Oppa." he stated, as each hit matched his every word, "Be. Respectful."

"Why- Oppa STOP!" I yelled when the pillow smacked my nose.

Luhan didn't stop, "Oppa who?" he asked teasingly.

"LUHAN OPPA STOP IT." I exclaimed out, making him nod in fulfilment. "Alright, that's acceptable."

When I stood up from the floor, I was surprised at how we messed up the room. It was art, really- Picasso. Everything was everywhere and it looked like something from an abstract painting. Luhan gasped next to me as he witnessed the crime-scene. "We are dead."

I gave him a questioning look as I picked up some of the things lying around, cleaning them up. "Why, what did we do?"

"In case you haven't realised, we messed up our dorm." He said, sarcasm dripping from his voice. I gazed at him, confused. "Well that's the point, right? Our room. It's not like it's somebody else's." I reasoned.

When he was about to open his mouth, a voice was heard from the front part of the apartment.

"LULULULULULULULULULU!" somebody said in a Tarzan-ish way. I froze, What in the heck is happening? I glanced at Luhan to see his reaction and he did the same to me. "," he breathed.

 

----------------------------------------

 

I looked around the bar and found Eric walking towards me in a furious manner. Lifting my glass of beer up, I greeted him, earning a scowl from the lad. "What is wrong with you, Minho?" he complained.

I said nothing and let him continue his rant, "Ever since you ditched me with those girls at the zoo, you never contacted me, or even called me to say your apologies. You ignored me like I was cancer- and now you dare to call me over at this time at night? To a bar?!" He plopped down on the seat across me.

"Sorry." I meekly replied. Eric scoffed at me before leaning over on the table to stare at me, "What is it?"

I shrugged, "Nothing. Just a bad day. Want a drink?" He eyed me seriously and sneered, "You think I'm dumb? I've known you since pre-school Minho! You can't fool me for ."

Knowing that my friend was right, I oblidged to him and told him everything: Korea, Saehyun, moving here, and the last incident at the zoo. At the end, my friend smirked at me mockingly, "You're currently at the top of my list for 'Stupidest Douchebags In Existence'."

"Screw your lists." I scratched my head in frustration. "I already know I'm a fool without you having to remind me."

"Damn right," Eric remarked as he took a swig from my beer. I raised a brow at him, "Thought you didn't want to drink?"

He smiled at me impishly and said, "I never said I refused."

We continued doing the routine of talking and drinking until I couldn't draw out a straight line. My vision was blurred and I felt the room spinning but it felt- good. Perhaps I shouldn't worry about Saehyun- or Stella- or whoever she may be. It's not like I'll meet her again, right?

Right?

 

-------------------------------------

 

"King Heechul IS IN DA HOUSEEEEE-" the voice shouted as a slender man with bright red hair appeared around the corner. My jaws dropped when I realised that we weren't the only tenants of this flat. Oh crud.

The man stopped walking when he saw our messy recreation of the apocalypse. "LuHan! What happened in here- Oh my God!" Heechul yelped, pointing at the scattered belongings on the floor. "You are way beyond dead, mister."

Luhan cleared his throat and Heechul snapped up his head to look at the boy. "What now?"

When Luhan's head jerked to my direction, Heechul's eyes followed and he covered his mouth in reflex. "It's a girl! Oh thankyou Lord, you heard my prayers! I needed a female's presence around here. All these men are driving me nuts!" he exclaimed in relief. I didn't know what to do, so I bowed. "Hello, my name is Kim Saehyun." I blurted in Korean.

Heechul's eyes widened and he turned speechless for a while. Then he looked at Luhan in a baffled manner as he lifted his finger at me, "She's- a Korean?" Luhan nodded as an answer. "No way! What are the chances, huh?"

"Oh hyung.. You do know that she understands everything you just said, do you?"

The older boy turned flustered and gave me an awkward smile, "Sorry! I usually talk about people in Korean, since nobody understands me. Habits die hard."

"It's okay.." I smiled back.

He extended his arm and offered me his hand. "My name is Kim Heechul. This is my second year in med-school. Are you entering my campus? I assumed- since you decided to live here."

I nodded as I shook his hand. "Yes I am. I moved here because my aunt's house is an hour away." I said formally.

"Ah- I see." he paused, "But if we want to get along, let's forget the honorifics, kay? We're not in Korea, Saehyun-ah."

"Oh.. okay then, Heechul oppa."

Hearing that, Luhan stood up and gave me a look filled with his complaints. "YAH! How could you say that so easily to him?" The frustrated boy then turned to Heechul, "Hyung! Did you know what I went through to make her call me that?"

The latter shook his head and smirked, "No, but I want to. Sounds interesting." he then asked me, "What did he do, Saehyun-ah?"

I picked a pillow near me and threw it at Heechul. "That."

Luhan sent me a knowing look before he snatched another cushion and launched it at his hyung. We highfived and ran away from our victim, lauging like crazy.

 

-------------------------------------

 

When I arrived at the dorm, I realized that the lights were already out and I groggily stepped into the living room only to trip on a pillow lying around.

What happened in here?

I may be drunk, but I wouldn't be stumbling over nothing. Or could I?

For a few long minutes, I struggled my way through the maze of scattered items and at last, I arrived infront of a door. Without any doubt, I turned the doorknob and entered the premises. The room was dark but I was well(sort of) aware of my surroundings and I flailed my arms around to navigate through the darkness, evading any objects that were in my way.

Soon after, my shin hit something hard and I almost screamed in pain, but I hissed instead, cursing the universe. I quickly took my scarf, coat and socks off when I realised that it was warm in the room.

Without any further ado, I slid into the matress and laid comfortably into the soft pillows. I reached around to get a stray pillow when I felt something familiar next to me. It seems like a person..

When I turned the sleeping being around, I let out a small gasp when I saw her face- Saehyun.

God, I must be really really wasted. I stared at her peaceful face and smiled when I saw a tiny drop of saliva on the edge of . After deciding to make the best out of my dream, I tilted her head onto my shoulders and let my hands circle around her waist into a hug. She felt- right. Slowly, I began brushing her hair with my hands, letting the strands slip through my fingers. Oh- how I missed this.

Even when I'm drunk, you still bother me, Kim Saehyun.

I felt my eyes droop down slightly but I opened them again. I don't want this dream to end- I wanted it to last longer.

However- it was inevitable, and my breathing slowly became steadier, matching hers. After a few moments, the sound of our breaths were synchronized and our bodies stayed still like that- Like completed puzzle-pieces.

 

----------------------------------------

 

As soon as I woke up, the first thing I witnessed was Minho's face infront of me.

Is this one of my dreams again?

I dared not move, so I settled with gazing at his face before me. The sun rays were streaming in through the blinds of the windows and it highlighted his features magnificently. God- I almost forgot how amazing he looked back then.

His eyes were still shut, and his long lashes skimmed the highs of his cheekbones perfectly, casting a soft shadow under it. His hair was as dark and as ruffled as ever, just so fluffily adorkable. The same goes for his God-like nose and lips.

Just then, his eyes fluttered open, only to close again due to the light. I smiled slightly at his cute act and wondered when this illusion of mine will end. Minho opened his lids after a few more seconds and looked at me as he wore a relaxed smile. "Am I still drunk?"

Confused, I lifted my finger to poke his cheek. Unlike what I expected, it was squishy and soft.. and real. Realizing that this wasn't any type of dream, I gasped in panic, "Choi Minho?"

His eyes widened at my words and I saw him pinching his cheek, then mine.

Ouch.

"Kim Saehyun?!" he half-shouted.

When the situation dawned upon me, and the realization that we were on my bed together struck my mind, two types of screams were heard:

The first was in a high-pitched tone and the other, a few octaves deeper.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

 

-------------------------------------------------